User Tag List

12311 Last

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Default What would you do if someone read your diary?

I sometimes write to myself in order to get my head straight. I have always deleted the stuff when it has served it's meaning. Today I thought that I had left the text lying around the desktop on a computer that is on plain sight and might be used by someone else. I got quite scared for a couple of reasons. First, it would have been humiliating to find out someone read it because it is like the softest spot I have at the moment (otherwise I wouldn't have the need to write), secondly, the text is basically a huge concentration of secrets, mine and someone else's, so I would have let down someone else also by accidentally spreading their secrets.

Yeah, but lucky for me, I think no one read the text. I'm going to make it password protected now.

So, what would you do? Have you taken some precautionary measures?

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

I've thought about getting rid of my first journal, it's so far removed from me now, but I can't bring myself to. I have gained some benefit from revisting old entries. If someone read my old or new one... I don't know, I guess I'd question their friendship to be snooping. Different situation to what almost happened with you. In a way I do write with a filter or code, with a mind of it being read by someone else. The other thing is I don't write about my insecurities anymore... I might burn the old one...
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    I've thought about getting rid of my first journal, it's so far removed from me now, but I can't bring myself to.
    Yeah, it was kinda hard for me too when I did it the first time, I didn't know if should do it or not, they were kind of a whole and made sense to me, but I was also somewhat embarrassed when I read them. On the other hand they were in a way a friend. Then, one day I was moving to another apartment and just throw them away without feeling too sentimental. I did browse them one last time.

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    In a way I do write with a filter or code, with a mind of it being read by someone else.
    I can't do that. I feel like I have to write everything down raw.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I would pretend that I didn't know they had read it. I don't write in a diary myself though, I only have a dream journal.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I don't write a journal, I have a dream log like outsider, but even sometimes those are too personal. Writing down the real personal stuff doesn't sit so well for me, but if I did write one I would probably do so in a code like the aforementioned.

brainheart

I'd be embarrassed as all get out, but then I'd probably ask them if they thought it was well-written. No, I probably wouldn't ask, but I'd want to.

I stopped keeping a journal a couple of years ago, though, after doing it for twenty years. Tossed them all in the trash, too. I found that all it did was make me dwell on my negative feelings and make me more self-absorbed than I already am.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Just tell them that it's a novel you've been working on. Then ask them if they thought it was an enjoyable read

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

If someone read my diary? ...I'd feel sorry for them.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    If someone read my diary? ...I'd feel sorry for them.
    I'd roll a spot check for traps.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I was just thinking of making my diary public.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.