User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

On this note, would anyone read the diaries of anyone else?

I've read some published journals, some which the author didnt intend to be published, such as the adolescent diaries of Karen Horney and the war journals of George Orwell (in fact this second one was a huge source of solice, a formative influence and major entertainment to me) and I'm just thinking now about how this thread has made me reflect on what I was actually doing.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I'm just thinking now about how this thread has made me reflect on what I was actually doing.
    I'm off to fry an egg.

Then read the "horney" diaries.

Fnnar, fnnar.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I don't keep a diary but I'd be pretty pissed off if someone read it without permission.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I hate my handwritting, lack of maturity, views, values or other elements of the narrative.
    That's pretty much why I dumped my diary back then.

It might be an interesting experience to go through someone's life like that. But I haven't read any that wasn't meant to be read. A friend told me he found bunch of family albums (of many different families) and that it was crazy to go through them, as you go through their lives without emotion. It made him feel that their live were mechanical. Reading diaries would be exactly the opposite of this.

MBTI
    ENFJ

My old journals were incredibly boring -- I didn't so much write about myself as I did doodle dogs people with cat ears. Now, if people picked up the "journal" looking things I write in, they'd either be really disappointed (if it's in 3rd person) or think I lead an incredibly exciting life (if it's in 1st)

I write a lot of notes but I guess I don't really "journal." I think I've lost the ability to write about myself.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I can't remember... If I have, maybe I just haven't paid attention to it. After the anxiety died off it's been increasingly calm for years, except for now. But I am in a situation that is or can be one of those moments to shape my future, so it might have triggered the anxiety that was changed into this positive anxiety. But it was for only one day. If it was anxiety, I'm glad, because this calmness was making me feel ... I don't know, too calm, maybe. It's like the people who are given anti-depressants, some of them don't like how they are calm. It's good to be something more than content from time to time.
    Absolutely echo that sentiment. It reminds you that you're human, i think :p. Long periods of contentment are ideal, but they can seem unusual. Life needs to be shaken up every now and then .

I likely would. I do in public/online instances when it is welcome, but i probably would otherwise. People's intimate feelings and thoughts can be really beneficial to outsiders.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    So, what would you do? Have you taken some precautionary measures?
    Absolutely. I don't write in diaries, journals or blogs or when I occasionally do the blog thingy I censor myself heavily. There's no point in leaving evidence that can and most probably will be used against you. This has nothing to do with being paranoid or extra secretive, it's all about being sensible and thinking about possible outcomes before they turn into something you don't want them to.

Absolutely. Well, it depends, I honour people's privacy but I am too curious for my own good and I know I would never use the knowlede against anybody. So, I may or may not read them. But this has another side as well. You never know what you'll find in people's diaries and sometimes it's better not to know things.

MBTI
    INFP

No. I know my fiance keeps a journal, and I've seen it in a drawer in our room but I'd never dream of reading it. It would feel dirty, almost as if it were I that was being violated, because I love that he can trust me.

MBTI
    I

I never had a diary - closest thing I had was a log of basically what I did each day - yeah, very ISTJ of me. I wouldn't care if someone read that (since it's a log).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I used to keep a regular diary, but nowadays I write stuff on line paper, put it in a certain binder and call it good. Dreams/rants/figuring out my feelings. My parents know what it is and they don't look. I remember the time my stepmom was snooping in my stuff. I screamed out my heart of blood at her.
    Don't make me open this can....
    Just because I'm an INFP doesn't mean I'm emo!