User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    A. The people who don't get it ignore it.
    B. The people who don't get it question it.
    C. The people who don't get it scoff at you blindly for it.
    When you replace "it" with "me", you see what's so bad about it. The diary is part of me, and in my case it is the most vulnerable and insecure part.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I wouldn't care, I have nothing to hide.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I wouldn't care, I have nothing to hide.
    This is the first time in years I am beginning to feel some jealousy for extroverts... I am quite surprised how many of you guys can reveal everything like that. I am certain it will never be possible for me.

Knowing the contents and frequency of use of my diary, I'd probably just end up giving a speech about the princible of privacy.
    (Second option would be avoiding the person for good.)

Banned
    MBTI
    me

If it were a stranger or a friend, I wouldn't care. The only people who I desperately wouldn't want to read my diary is my family.

I have written some very dark things in my 'diary' because I use it as an outlet, as a method of coping, and as a tool of self analysis. I'd love people to know who I really am! except for those who I already mentioned, whom I intentionally shut out.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    When you replace "it" with "me", you see what's so bad about it. The diary is part of me, and in my case it is the most vulnerable and insecure part.
    True. I understand.
    A lot of people just don't want that on display because of the potential consequences or clarity. It comes down to what is important for you and that you feel benefits you. You can display yourself to others, but would it benefit you more than not displaying yourself to others?
    Each side has positives and negatives associated, but it's up to the individual to determine what is best and what degree of 'work' is worth it. Do you work toward diminishing your fears of being direct - or work toward diminishing the potential fears of being indirectly found out?
    I personally find the internal battles that can be stirred up over something like "Public" or "Private" fascinating. Not to say it's not warranted, it completely is.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Hopelandic View Post
    If it were a stranger or a friend, I wouldn't care. The only people who I desperately wouldn't want to read my diary is my family.
    Actually, I'm pretty much the same. All of my friends basically know what I am about, but they don't know the tone of it. It wouldn't be too bad. Family, well, they are the one's who didn't choose me as my friends did, so it is their job to not accept me.

Each side has positives and negatives associated, but it's up to the individual to determine what is best and what degree of 'work' is worth it. Do you work toward diminishing your fears of being direct - or work toward diminishing the potential fears of being indirectly found out?
    I personally find the internal battles that can be stirred up over something like "Public" or "Private" fascinating. Not to say it's not warranted, it completely is.
    I actually thought I work on my issues with, say 60% capacity, but your posts make me question this. It might as well be 20%... This has a lot to do with sacrifice... Maybe I'm not that committed after all...

It comes down to what is important for you and that you feel benefits you. You can display yourself to others, but would it benefit you more than not displaying yourself to others
    These are different kinds of benefits that you get from friends and family, and that you get from mental health. Of course good mental health would lead you to find another friends and another family if they all really deserted you, so... It isn't actually a sacrifice in the end. What is it then? Power? Security? I am secure since I am a well-liked person..? But after the sacrifice I would still be a well-liked person...

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

.. feel pretty embarrassed and mad.. I hate when somebody violates my private space both mental and physical.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I don't really know, it depends on the person.

Glycerine

I don't want anyone to know my private thoughts so I don't keep a diary. The best security measure is not to keep a diary in the first place. This is also the reason why my blogs always fall apart, haha.