User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

i think it would be a good experience for people to keep a very personal journal/diary that they can and DO write ANYTHING in - but then after having written in it for some time, force themself to share it with people they care about.
    i think it is good to break down walls and barriers between people. i believe in being very open and straightforward.

but i have never actually kept a journal, so i don't have any real experience with this.
    i don't believe in secrets. however i do always keep secrets that i am told, haha. because people are more important to me.

MBTI
    INTJ

People read mine frequently. It's in the NT blog section.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

I've never kept a journal or a diary. I have tried but it always a strange experience to write your thoughts down. I wouldn't mind if people read my journal because it would be no different to what I type in the boxes on here.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I guess I don't trust people to understand me. I do talk about the secrets I mentioned, but I choose the persons extremely carefully (of course it depends on the secret). And I want to talk about them face to face so I can keep track of their reactions and not tell them anything they can't handle.

I do see that your way is probably extremely beneficial to you but I can't imagine myself doing that. First there's the people who would just use the information to hit me where it hurts, then there are the people who misread it and are all confused. Then there are things that I am going to tell someone but which have to be treated carefully and told at exactly right time or things will go terribly wrong.

I realize that this might seem like I am phobic and maybe paranoid, if you really can tell everything to everyone like that... What about other people's secrets, do you tell them also in your diary?
    Oh i completely agree and don't expect people to understand, but i just put it out there for those who might. It's rare in my life. See you just pinpointed one of my main issues- i find it hard to discuss the deep-rooted things about myself (accompanied by emotion) in a face-to-face scenario. I'll talk about anything, but it can be flat in person.
    I am used to all of the things in your second paragraph. This is why it's very person-dependent. Sometimes it is so beneficial, but it runs the risk of those consequences. For me, it helps me weed out who is/isn't worth it in my life. I also find that most people won't understand me, but if they can accept me then it is okay. I refuse to keep myself bottled up in myself as it would sacrifice my personal balance/growth.

It doesn't come across as phobic or paranoid.. or if it does then it just comes across as normal. Most people hide themselves away to themselves or a select few. I'll fully admit to both positives and negatives to what i do.
    As for other people's secrets.. it depends. I don't tend to vocalize them, but because they are rarely a part of my topics. I respect what other people don't feel comfortable with sharing, but if it is relevant i will vaguely share.

MBTI
    xxxx

It would depend.

Hopefully, the reader wouldn't realize that I knew they read my diary. If they haven't yet found it out, I'd begin writing entries describing some sort of vibrant sex life in vivid detail, hoping they come back to read it again.(for an added twist, the sex can be with a female relative of mine) Revenge is easier when they have images in their mind that they can't erase. That, and if I ever see the person, I can subtly reference sex in a conversation to see the guilt slowly build in their eyes.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    fool

I wouldn't want to talk to that person anymore.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    Interesting. I have a public journal that i don't tend to hold back in. I prefer people reading it, actually. It's been my form of "therapy" for the past 10 years (though i switched journals a number of years ago) and i couldn't imagine not having one.. or making it private.

There are some things i prefer to keep to myself, but i wouldn't fret it they got out into the open.
    What would make you fret exactly?
    As Nolla said... How can you post things on there which different groups of people can see? There have been many times I wanted to post a rant or insightful thought on Facebook, but at least 30% of my friends wouldn't understand it or would take it completely out of context. Even then, if I had a blog with say 5 select people who could view it, my daily interactions might involve one of them and they would be offended at my comments about them.

Like the thread I made on how awesome Fe connections are. I would love to have shared it with other people but I posted my thoughts on here instead because I had kinda of bizarre view that most people would take the wrong way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    i think it would be a good experience for people to keep a very personal journal/diary that they can and DO write ANYTHING in - but then after having written in it for some time, force themself to share it with people they care about.
    i think it is good to break down walls and barriers between people. i believe in being very open and straightforward.
    I would be frightened what people would actually think of me if I let them see my entire true self.
    3w2

Those who are content being normal lack the depth and passion to rise above mediocracy.
    To push beyond their natural abilities and create a reality from their dreams.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

I never had one so I can't tell.

ThatGirl

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    1 - Don't have a diary
    2 - If i did and i knew someone might read it, i would insert pictures of creepy shit and also go on some imaginative trip so making the person wish they hadn't read it in the first place, lol

Edit - Noone gets into my head unless invited beforehand.
    This one

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by nynesneg View Post
    As Nolla said... How can you post things on there which different groups of people can see? There have been many times I wanted to post a rant or insightful thought on Facebook, but at least 30% of my friends wouldn't understand it or would take it completely out of context. Even then, if I had a blog with say 5 select people who could view it, my daily interactions might involve one of them and they would be offended at my comments about them.

Like the thread I made on how awesome Fe connections are. I would love to have shared it with other people but I posted my thoughts on here instead because I had kinda of bizarre view that most people would take the wrong way.
    Well everything has an option for a filter, but i just prefer to take the risk of being misunderstood.
    Examine what the worst that could happen is.. you say something you feel and -
    A. The people who don't get it ignore it.
    B. The people who don't get it question it.
    C. The people who don't get it scoff at you blindly for it.
    My personal views are -
    A. If they ignore it who cares.. perhaps you posted it more for yourself and only in hopes of recognition.
    B. Inquiring shows interest and explanation can further fuel your own thoughts and understanding.
    C. A part of you could be on the table.. who are these people to you? Is their judgment worth a reaction if they aren't open to it, aren't open to you.

The last bit could be the most difficult, but it's when you realize that you have progressed in yourself enough to put things out there and that is something that should inspire more positivity than the negativity the situation may try to instill.

As for discussing other people, it's why i tend to be vague or simply don't care. It's completely dependent on what you choose to say/ how you choose to say it/ and what type of person it involves.