MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    I'd roll a spot check for traps.
    Oh it's not the traps you should be worrying about.

MBTI
    IsTP

Well fist off my handwriting is like a code, completely illegible, but say if they could read it.... They probably wouldn't realize what they are reading was in fact a journal, until maybe like.. 3/4 the way through my second book, I went through this weird stream-of-thought-writing that did pertain to my life but did so in vague references and symbolism. I thought I was being creative, but as I read it now it just seems like a big, jumbled mess and sometimes I don't even remember what exactly it was pertaining to.

The more recent entries, eh, I don't mind. I'm a pretty straightforward guy so I don't think there would be any surprise in what is written now.
    ...Then I ducked my head and the lights went out, and two guns blazed in the dark;
    And a woman screamed, and the lights went up, and two men lay stiff and stark...

MBTI
    ESFJ

1 - Don't have a diary
    2 - If i did and i knew someone might read it, i would insert pictures of creepy shit and also go on some imaginative trip so making the person wish they hadn't read it in the first place, lol

Edit - Noone gets into my head unless invited beforehand.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

I can't do journal-keeping/diaries.

Only once have I kept one, a travelogue, and, after the first 15 days of daily entries, the rest, I filled in on the plane ride back asking my ENTJ friend who is religious about keeping diaries, to use her diary to help me recall what happened each day, and then updated the rest like that. Because, dang it, I wanted to have a complete diary, at least once.

I think I missed the point of the whole exercise.

(I drew more in the diary than I wrote...)

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Interesting. I have a public journal that i don't tend to hold back in. I prefer people reading it, actually. It's been my form of "therapy" for the past 10 years (though i switched journals a number of years ago) and i couldn't imagine not having one.. or making it private.

There are some things i prefer to keep to myself, but i wouldn't fret it they got out into the open.
    What would make you fret exactly?

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I have written diary for years, but I just used to keep my eye on the computer whenever someone used it. Now I've started to use different user names for different things - if someone wants to use the computer, I ask them to login with their own name.

I write diary-like personal plans nowadays, with much of the same personal kind of material, if just with a bit less personal side in them. I still like to keep them private.

Last time I saw someone reading some of those, it was my fiance. She immeadiately minimized the window, as she knows I dislike having my personal writings read by anyone. No biggie, really.. she could have read it, no problem. I didn't feel to make a comment about it. The text was mostly plan about my new work, computer related stuff and our wedding, with nothing discriminating in it. I wouldn't like to express my everything even to my fiance, though.

Perhaps there was still something I didn't want her to know, because she could have gotten a wrong impression..

I mean, dammit, I want to write to myself without thinking of political correctness, thinking of the audience etc. It makes the writing SOOO much smoother.. and cuts the crap by 9/10. That kind of writing is just bound to be understood incorrectly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Sometimes I just have to write something down, with a pen, to let something out. After that I burn it so that no one can read it.

I've tried to keep a diary, but I never have anything interesting to write. Some thing with blogs, they all die because I can't think of anything to tell the world.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Wonder why I keep a diary.
    Assure the person that I don't actually masturbate that much

I'd honestly just feel quite violated and move on. No big deal.

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Addition: if she wouldn't have stopped to read, I would have asked gently, why you're reading it? It's just my unfinished thoughts. You'll get weird ideas from writing I haven't intended to anyone but myself. Then I would have summarized the content in an extremely quick fashion and asked to move on.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    I would pretend that I didn't know they had read it.
    Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Just tell them that it's a novel you've been working on. Then ask them if they thought it was an enjoyable read
    Quote Originally Posted by brainheart View Post
    I'd probably ask them if they thought it was well-written. No, I probably wouldn't ask, but I'd want to.
    Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    If i did and i knew someone might read it, i would insert pictures of creepy shit and also go on some imaginative trip so making the person wish they hadn't read it in the first place, lol
    Good solutions, all of the above

Quote Originally Posted by Willfrey View Post
    I'm a pretty straightforward guy so I don't think there would be any surprise in what is written now.
    Weird. I couldn't think like that. It all feels too personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Unkindloving View Post
    Interesting. I have a public journal that i don't tend to hold back in. I prefer people reading it, actually. It's been my form of "therapy" for the past 10 years (though i switched journals a number of years ago) and i couldn't imagine not having one.. or making it private.

There are some things i prefer to keep to myself, but i wouldn't fret it they got out into the open.
    What would make you fret exactly?
    I guess I don't trust people to understand me. I do talk about the secrets I mentioned, but I choose the persons extremely carefully (of course it depends on the secret). And I want to talk about them face to face so I can keep track of their reactions and not tell them anything they can't handle.

I do see that your way is probably extremely beneficial to you but I can't imagine myself doing that. First there's the people who would just use the information to hit me where it hurts, then there are the people who misread it and are all confused. Then there are things that I am going to tell someone but which have to be treated carefully and told at exactly right time or things will go terribly wrong.

I realize that this might seem like I am phobic and maybe paranoid, if you really can tell everything to everyone like that... What about other people's secrets, do you tell them also in your diary?

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I mean, dammit, I want to write to myself without thinking of political correctness, thinking of the audience etc. It makes the writing SOOO much smoother.. and cuts the crap by 9/10. That kind of writing is just bound to be understood incorrectly.
    Yes, this is my experience exactly. I might also use exaggerated expressions about people, it makes sense to let some steam out, but if read by someone who doesn't understand that, it might end up in a social disaster for me.