User Tag List

First 2101112

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I don't have a diary. I just used the forum instead and then use jokes to mask the deep regret that I feel about being so revealing. I highly recommend this.
    Likes Atomic Fiend liked this post

I was thinking about this thread earlier, I take it the embarrassment factor is what people are talking about, in which case I take it that diaries or journalling is considered primarily about catharsis and emotional venting, would anyone keep one in order to make an accurate record of events?
    It is a luxury to be understood - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities - Voltaire

A kind thought is the hope of the world - Anon

MBTI
    INFP

I had a journal when I was a preteen that I would pour all of my undeserved angst into. My mother found it and read it, and I had written some pretty rotten stuff about her (nothing heartbreaking--just the dramatic rants of a tween who felt conceitedly misunderstood).

She confronted me about the journal, and I felt horrible on two counts: firstly, I had hurt my mother's feelings, which made me the world's worst daughter. Secondly, I was violated--I felt I didn't have anyone to talk to, so I wrote. When my mother read my journal, it felt like a confidant had told my secrets to the world.

Dramatic, I know, but I learned my lesson. I keep my journal hidden now, and I try not write anything unpleasant about anyone who could possibly ever read it. This is a good practice, anyway, because I've learned that if you have ill feelings towards someone, writing them down only helps foster them. And who needs that?
    "The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." --J.R.R. Tolkien