User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I always thought introverts like the way I oppress them.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I think you're an alright guy.

You just express it in interesting ways.

(by interesting, I mean "fun to decode")
    What's interesting is that I don't write in code. I try to express my thoughts as clearly and simply as possible. But no matter how clear and simple I am, extroverts, and perhaps immature introverts, think I am writing in code.

And how absurd they are - trying to decode something that is not encoded. No wonder they become heated and rude and insulting and even threatening.

And of course they become angry because they are frustrated. And anger is the normal reaction to frustration.

And how normal to become frustrated with someone you don't understand. But interestingly the extroverts and immature introverts never think there is something wrong with themselves. And that is because they are carrying out society's imperatives. So naturally they think of themselves as being good boys and good girls. And naturally, and mistakenly, think of mature introverts as bad.

But for mature introverts I am as clear as a mountain stream.

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    I always thought introverts like the way I oppress them.
    This is a self delusion.

And you are quite deluded enough to carry a big knife.

No wonder I wake screaming in the night thinking you might be in bed with me.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    What's interesting is that I don't write in code. I try to express my thought as clearly and simply as possible. But no matter how clear and simple I am, extroverts, and perhaps immature introverts, think I am writing in code.

And how absurd they are - trying to decode something that is not encoded. No wonder they become heated and rude and insulting and even threatening.

And of course they become angry because they are frustrated. And anger is the normal reaction to frustration.

And how normal to become frustrated with someone you don't understand. But interestingly the extroverts and immature introverts never think there is something wrong with themselves. And that is because they are carrying out society's imperatives. So naturally they think of themselves as being good boys and good girls. And naturally, and mistakenly, think of mature introverts as bad.

But for mature introverts I am as clear as a mountain stream.
    Well, I have a hard time understanding others, the problem is on my end not yours Vic.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I come here to speak in my inner voice. If I speak in my inner voice in real life they think I am weird.

But, Victor, there are many here who not only think you are weird, but say so.

Yes, that is true. But I suspect that many of those who say I am weird are extroverts. And as you know, I sometimes wake up screaming in the night, thinking there is an extrovert in bed with me.

But maybe they are right. Maybe you are weird.

Well, its hard for me to know. All I know that if I speak in my inner voice in real life, everyone thinks I am weird. But when I speak in my inner voice here, only half think I am weird. That's a big improvement.

But doesn't it worry you being weird?

Yes, of course. And I try and find ways around it - like posting here. Also I have a reaction formation where, to compensate myself, I overestimate myself. This I find a little intoxicating so I am careful not to do it in threatening situations. And anyway, here, the moderators keep an eye on me, as well as everyone else. So I can afford to be a little bit intoxicated with myself. In fact it is quite nice. And the nicest thing is that it separates my friends from those who are less friendly. For my friends call me lyrical.

Well, Victor, you certainly are weird. And I will be careful not to get into bed with you lest you scream. But at least you know you are weird. And you are careful not to frighten the horses too much. Of course they do rear and plunge a bit, but so far they haven't bolted. Perhaps that's because we keep them on a tight rein.

Well, in that case I will continue on my lyrical way, and remember to keep myself on a tight rein too.
    For some reason when I read this post I imagined a group of children saying (at the same time) everything that's in the italics.

MBTI
    ISTP

Everyone pretty much said what I thought when I read the OP.

I can read, think, process, write, edit, write, edit, edit, edit and finally post my thoughts. It's great for an introvert. The ESTP I know frequents sports forums, but that's about all. He's usually out and about either playing Halo with friends or with his gf or y'know...his millions of other friends! Same pretty much applies to the ESFP I know. She's always busy. She prolly doesn't know what a forum looks like :P
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    For some reason when I read this post I imagined a group of children saying (at the same time) everything that's in the italics.
    Well of course they are children.

Extroverts are simply good children.

Extroverts carry out society's imperatives so that they will be good children. And they are good children and society rewards them.

It's true, extroverts get a head start in society, while introverts take time to mature.

The real danger is towards immature introverts who see how successful extroverts are in society and so try to imitate them.

But this is fatal for an introvert. For it denies their introverted gifts and makes them a mannequin, an awkward imitation of an extrovert.

So it is vital for the happiness of the introvert to mature socially and emotionally.

However the extroverts have nothing to mature so remain children all their lives.

And in their deepest heart extroverts envy mature introverts and so hate them and denigrate them.

But whatever fails to destroy us makes us stronger.

And we become so strong we can't help ourselves from dancing.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Extroverts are simply good children.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Yes, extroverts have all the pride of an obedient child.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

That I can accept.