User Tag List

First 1234 Last

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I come here because of bordom at work. there I said it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Why do introverts even communicate with people??
    The inner voice is like ambroasia, but if you eat it all the time you get inured to it. Sooner or later, we have to talk to someone, just so we can remind our selves why we don't normally bother.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Forums are very conducive to introversion. You can take it at your own pace, have a good think, focus on one thing at a time, and complete solitude is always as close as clicking on a different tab. It can be stimulus for further thought, or drip-feed socializing. Really, it's not very different from reading a book. Vent is a bit more extraverted, which is probably why so many of the (regular) forum introverts steer clear of it, and so many of the (regular) forum extraverts gravitate towards it.
    This sums it all up.

Forums tend to always be overwhelmingly made up of introverts. None of the extroverts I know IRL seem into message boards. They sure love Twitter and Facebook though :rolli:
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    The inner voice is like ambroasia, but if you eat it all the time you get inured to it. Sooner or later, we have to talk to someone, just so we can remind our selves why we don't normally bother.
    INTJs never actually talk to people, don't kid yourself. Other people are just a backdrop to your schemes.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    None of the extroverts I know IRL seem into message boards.
    Are you calling me an introvert? I'm so not cool with that.

I come here to speak in my inner voice. If I speak in my inner voice in real life they think I am weird.

But, Victor, there are many here who not only think you are weird, but say so.

Yes, that is true. But I suspect that many of those who say I am weird are extroverts. And as you know, I sometimes wake up screaming in the night, thinking there is an extrovert in bed with me.

But maybe they are right. Maybe you are weird.

Well, its hard for me to know. All I know that if I speak in my inner voice in real life, everyone thinks I am weird. But when I speak in my inner voice here, only half think I am weird. That's a big improvement.

But doesn't it worry you being weird?

Yes, of course. And I try and find ways around it - like posting here. Also I have a reaction formation where, to compensate myself, I overestimate myself. This I find a little intoxicating so I am careful not to do it in threatening situations. And anyway, here, the moderators keep an eye on me, as well as everyone else. So I can afford to be a little bit intoxicated with myself. In fact it is quite nice. And the nicest thing is that it separates my friends from those who are less friendly. For my friends call me lyrical.

Well, Victor, you certainly are weird. And I will be careful not to get into bed with you lest you scream. But at least you know you are weird. And you are careful not to frighten the horses too much. Of course they do rear and plunge a bit, but so far they haven't bolted. Perhaps that's because we keep them on a tight rein.

Well, in that case I will continue on my lyrical way, and remember to keep myself on a tight rein too.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

That is the clearest victor post I have ever read. I like that style better than your normal one.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I come here to speak in my inner voice. If I speak in my inner voice in real life they think I am weird.

But, Victor, there are many here who not only think you are weird, but say so.

Yes, that is true. But I suspect that many of those who say I am weird are extroverts. And as you know, I sometimes wake up screaming in the night, thinking there is an extrovert in bed with me.

But maybe they are right. Maybe you are weird.

Well, its hard for me to know. All I know that if I speak in my inner voice in real life, everyone thinks I am weird. But when I speak in my inner voice here, only half think I am weird. That's a big improvement.

But doesn't it worry you being weird?

Yes, of course. And I try and find ways around it - like posting here. Also I have a reaction formation where, to compensate myself, I overestimate myself. This I find a little intoxicating so I am careful not to do it in threatening situations. And anyway, here, the moderators keep an eye on me, as well as everyone else. So I can afford to be a little bit intoxicated with myself. In fact it is quite nice. And the nicest thing is that it separates my friends from those who are less friendly. For my friends call me lyrical.

Well, Victor, you certainly are weird. And I will be careful not to get into bed with you lest you scream. But at least you know you are weird. And you are careful not to frighten the horses too much. Of course they do rear and plunge a bit, but so far they haven't bolted. Perhaps that's because we keep them on a tight rein.

Well, in that case I will continue on my lyrical way, and remember to keep myself on a tight rein too.
    I think you're an alright guy.

You just express it in interesting ways.

(by interesting, I mean "fun to decode")

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    That is the clearest victor post I have ever read. I like that style better than your normal one.
    Below I am explaining myself to the extroverts. To the mature introverts there is no need for me to explain.

However in explaining myself to extroverts, I feel I am justifying my existence. And of course no one should have to justify their existence.

And of course to demand of someone that they justify their existence to you, is the height of oppression.

But in our society extroverts, like yourself, are routinely oppressive towards introverts.

And because we live in an extroverted society, extroverts think they have the right to oppress introverts.

So my aim is to make my society safe for introverts.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Below I am explaining myself to the extroverts. To the mature introverts there is no need for me to explain.

However in explaining myself to extroverts, I feel I am justifying my existence. And of course no one should have to justify their existence.

And of course to demand of someone that they justify their existence to you, is the height of oppression.

But in our society extroverts, like yourself, are routinely oppressive towards introverts.

And because we live in an extroverted society, extroverts think they have the right to oppress introverts.

So my aim is to make my society safe for introverts.
    A noble cause undoubtedly.

MBTI
    ISTx

Why wouldn't introverts use forums?