User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Question Single Questions #83

At what age (if any) do you think it becomes strange for an adult to buy a single bed for himself/herself? Ladies, if you were visiting a guy and noticed that he slept on a single bed, would you think anything of it? Guys, if you were visiting a girl and noticed that she slept on a single bed, would you think anything of it?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

To each his own? Whatever floats their boat?

If I were to walk into a room and saw that a guy had a single bed.. I'd actually find it rather cute. He's not ashamed to be himself, to do what he wants, to live by his own standards. He's unconventional. I like that.

Away with the fairies Southern Kross's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 so/sp

Sometimes a single bed is all someone can get their hands on. If the person is fairly young or recently out of Uni or just really poor, that's what I'd think. Also its understandable if they have a tiny apartment and that's all they can fit in it.

If they had enough money and space for a double or were over a certain age I'd think it was weird.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    At what age (if any) do you think it becomes strange for an adult to buy a single bed for himself/herself? Ladies, if you were visiting a guy and noticed that he slept on a single bed, would you think anything of it? Guys, if you were visiting a girl and noticed that she slept on a single bed, would you think anything of it?
    I can't even sleep in a single bed myself, let alone with somebody else. I reckon that it's not a definitive age, but to me it would be kind of silly to buy a single bed from the point where you are either sexually active or, if you practice abstinence, the point where you are looking for someone to spend your life with.
    (removed)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

I remember when I dated an ex. He was a recent graduate at that time.. It was nice to be able to lay in a small bed/cuddle with each other, but I can see where it would feel awkward.

At least it's not morbid as compared to someone sleeping in a coffin or next to a manniquen or somethin.' That'd be weird..

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I have a single bed.

Can't say it's much of a choice though. It works for me and haven't needed another bed. I also dislike sleeping in large beds, since I often sleep in hotels and such, I prefer a small bed room if they have them.

And it seems like a waste of money to bother buying a big one anyhow.

If I meet a girl who sleeps on a single bed, the actual process of seeing it wouldn't bother me the slightest. If she's in a single bed and feels uncomfortable with it openly I might be bothered by it though.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I wouldn't think much of it either way, except to think, "S/he owns a single bed."
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP

If it's a small room then you gotta be practical, but beyond 18 is seems alittle weird

MBTI
    INFP

I've known a couple who slept in separate single beds their entire married life - and have a couple of kids so that didn't slow 'em down much. Not my cup of tea - but if it worked for them, so be it.

MBTI
    INTx

I'd probably think "That's a small bed" and that's about it.