User Tag List

Junior Member Butterfly_Effected's Avatar
    MBTI
    XXXX

Default Things through my eyes.

We, as the human race, are all nuts.

I ponder if we are just products of our own making, or if we are all just making our own products. And if these products are useful, or wasteful.

I like to imagine a world of peace and tranquility, yet understand that I can not change things on my own. So many people "fight for peace", quite the oxymoron as I see it. Would it not be better to compromise, find a middle ground of some sort. You know, work for the better of ALL earthlings.

I wonder if anyone really understands, that all you need to do is better yourself, and the rest will come..... people ask how others feel about them to see how they come off to others, to learn about themselves, get more incite. It's not about ego, vanity, or self-loathing. It's about knowledge, as knowledge is power.

thoughts???
    Stupid people piss me off....
    no wonder I get angry with myself!!! lol

I think we should all make it a point to express themselves clearly, in a manner that can be understood by others.

What use is it if you discover a cure for cancer but never share it with the world?

MBTI
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by visaisahero View Post
    What use is it if you discover a cure for cancer but never share it with the world?
    Exactly, and does anyone really care who comes up with the cure first? It's really about finding it. Collaboration, teamwork.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly_Effected View Post
    I ponder if we are just products of our own making, or if we are all just making our own products. And if these products are useful, or wasteful.
    We are both. Other people, the world in which we were born, its history and culture - they set, if you will, the horizon - the "things that can be thought". What we do within that frame, (or whether we choose to, or succeed in, expanding it) is up to us. The only thing is that we cannot help but be in a relation towards the world around us, whether this means acceptance, refusal or indifference. We are ourselves only insofar as we are in this world, and we in turn form the world around us, of which we are a part.

As to the human race being nuts - try the thought experiment to replace all people with ants, all of them going about their daily business. I think the world wouldn't look much different
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

MBTI
    XXXX

Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    As to the human race being nuts - try the thought experiment to replace all people with ants, all of them going about their daily business. I think the world wouldn't look much different
    Case in point:crazy: