User Tag List

123 Last

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Default Why do you care?

More and more people are starting threads about what other people think of them. Why on earth do you do that?! Is this some kind of egotripping? Are you just insecure? What's the reason for all these topics?
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

The reasons you mentionned are possible. But it's also enriching to learn how you are perceived. And why that is. It helps you realize what you put out there. Maybe they're wrong about how you are, but that could be both because of their own coloured glasses as well as your own projection towards the outer world. And potentially, it's something you can change. It's hard to judge this without the input of others, as you're too closely involved (quite literally) to really judge this objectively.

And who knows...they may actually see something that *is* very much you but you are totally oblivious of. Wouldn't you wanna know?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kar View Post
    More and more people are starting threads about what other people think of them. Why on earth do you do that?!... Is this some kind of egotripping?-Are you just insecure?-What's the reason for all these topics?
    I don't need an ego boost, I'm not as insecure as you might think, and basically, my reasons are the same as everyone elses,... To be loved,...
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

Junior Member Butterfly_Effected's Avatar
    MBTI
    XXXX

More and more people are starting threads about what other people think of them. Why on earth do you do that?! Is this some kind of egotripping? Are you just insecure? What's the reason for all these topics?
    I think the point is why not care? It's not what you think of them as a person, but as a persona. Not ego-tripping, but diving into the minds of others to find a way to be the change we seek....
    Stupid people piss me off....
    no wonder I get angry with myself!!! lol

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Wouldn't you wanna know?
    I don't really care. I'm not trying to be someone who I'm not just to please others. I am who I am and if other people don't like it, well, too bad for them then. I'm not going to change because someone out there doesn't like me.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

It's kinda like this; "Only the cool kids pee their pants, you ain't cool unless you pee your pants".
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    ISTP

Maybe you won't change, but at least you'd be aware of a problem when you're around certain people. I find it just gives me a good understanding of what to expect from others.

Personally, if I'm aware of the fact that something I do or say bothers someone and it's someone I care about, well then I don't wanna keep doing it around them. I don't want them to be uncomfortable around me. And I'm virtually oblivious to most signs people think I should pick up on....so I've gotta be told.

That's my 2c.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Why do you care that other people care?

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Honestly, why do people bitch and whine about people bitching and whining?...I can't even comment on this without looking like I'm actually bitching and whining myself, oh, the humanity!... We all live on the same rock, so get used to it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

^ Are you indicating that I was bitching and whining?