User Tag List

First 123 Last

The bottom line is it all started with DiscoBiscuit, then everyone jumped on the bandwagon.
    I liked Matt Z's best, since it was pure satire.

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    ^ Are you indicating that I was bitching and whining?
    Are you?
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Thread topics seem to come and go as fads here, and that is probably part of it. I prefer this fad to the last one actually. I just figure some people are socially invested and/or have some other individual reason for their threads. I remember as an adolescent, kids asking each other if they were "cool" or for other social feedback. Most of these sites have a lot of teenagers, so that might also influence it. Maybe not, and there can be as many reasons as there are people. For anyone, it doesn't seem too far off for a psychology related site to do some sort of self-analysis. I don't often contribute in the threads because I don't have much of a formulated opinion about the person.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

We all live on the same rock, so get used to it.
    the same, tiny, insignificant rock that pales in comparison to the rest of the universe which may or may not exist inside a single atom that exists as a spec of dust in another universe which may or may not exist inside another atom that serves as an extremely tiny piece of alien elastic in a strange entity's jogging/wank pants

Enneagram
    1w2

It's the same reason why people do vanity searches on their name, why we have so many popularity threads and everyone hoping they'll get name-dropped, blogging and visiting other people's blogs seems to increase popularity, people starting 30890234 "What's my type?" threads, etc.

It's whatever, but what makes it incongruous to me is that when there's a thread asking outright "Do you care what people think of you?" the answers will be a resounding NO. But then we have so many threads that say the opposite, that people do very much care what people think of them.

It's OK to care what people think of you, why be dishonest with yourself about it?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    Why?
    Socionics
    SEX

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    the same, tiny, insignificant rock that pales in comparison to the rest of the universe which may or may not exist inside a single atom that exists as a spec of dust in another universe which may or may not exist inside another atom that serves as an extremely tiny piece of alien elastic in a strange entity's jogging/wank pants
    Yes,... Haha, If you put it that way, we are just as meaningless as our own discomforts!
    ... They say that knowledge is free, and to truly acquire wisdom always comes with a price... Well then,... That will be $10, please!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by Prototype View Post
    Are you?
    Well if you consider asking a simple question bitching and whining, yes. But in my perspective, I wasn't. I sincerely want an answer to my question back. I usually consider bitching and whining someone who complains about something and asks questions they don't necessarily want an answer to but just for people to agree with them.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kar View Post
    More and more people are starting threads about what other people think of them. Why on earth do you do that?! Is this some kind of egotripping? Are you just insecure? What's the reason for all these topics?
    I think they're doing it to poke fun at the others. If not, then I'm also wondering why they're doing that.

MBTI
    yupp

maybe they want pity/angry sex with another member? I don't know.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    It's OK to care what people think of you, why be dishonest with yourself about it?
    Just in case they don't care I'd guess.

I must admit I'm prone to it at points. It's part of the positive feedback nightmare. You have a need to be liked to measure your success and self worth on.
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?