User Tag List

12311 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Default How do you and your type dress?

Sparked by another thread I started to wonder, how do you and your type dress? Do you have a 'uniform'? How do you decide what you'll wear out on a weekend or to a party? For the 'age of consent' women, do you dress seductively when you are going on a date or 'out'? Are guys 't-shirt and jeans' across the board?? Going along with style - how do you style your hair and have any piercings/tattoos?

So forum -- What's your style?

And I'm very curious to see if there are any correlations.

Some stereotypes/predictions:

ESTJ's are apparently well put together and modern?

SJs are NOT sloppy in their appearance (hahaha, sparked by the 'SJs keep
    picking on my appearance' thread)

ENxP will be prone to quirkiness and personal flair?

ISTJ are um...kinda conservative in dress?

ISFP's look pretty good in their outfits?

I'll answer after some others have volunteered first.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

usually i just wear a t shirt and undies
    but if i actually have to be forced out of the house to go to the grocery store or something i usually just throw on a shirt and some jeans.

If i'm going out with my SO i typically wear jeans and a nicer shirt that may or may not be low cut.

i also ALWAYS wear a hoodie. It's a black lightweight hoodie, but i wear it year round, because i don't want the sun on me. i have an irrational fear of getting wrinkles and skin cancer. Plus it helps me hide in public in case i see someone that i don't want to talk to.

really i hate wearing clothes, so i just avoid going anywhere as often as possible.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    usually i just wear a t shirt and undies
    but if i actually have to be forced out of the house to go to the grocery store or something i usually just throw on a shirt and some jeans.

If i'm going out with my SO i typically wear jeans and a nicer shirt that may or may not be low cut.

i also ALWAYS wear a hoodie. It's a black lightweight hoodie, but i wear it year round, because i don't want the sun on me. i have an irrational fear of getting wrinkles and skin cancer. Plus it helps me hide in public in case i see someone that i don't want to talk to.

really i hate wearing clothes, so i just avoid going anywhere as often as possible.
    ha me too. Except I wear Pjs at home. I don't wear less because I live with 3 room mates and don't want to offend them. I wear jeans and the first top I can find. If I'm going out on the town I'll put more effort into my outfit.

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

My preferred way to dress is very feminine. I like girly shoes, make-up, jewelry, perfume, dresses, skirts and love to wear pink. I actually have to force myself not to wear pink to work all the time! I'm afraid it will give the impression I'm not strong and competent. I also like to dress sophisticated when I can. I love business suits, heels and hair pulled back tight. I like wearing gray, black, and navy if I'm dressing to impress. I oddly do not like having too much attention. I can't dress slutty. I really don't like creepy attention. On the weekends I prefer sweater, jeans, heeled boots and light makeup. I end up wearing jeans and funny saying t-shirts with a hoodie most of the time!
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I go to religious services dressed very sharp, and I like it a lot that there's a situation when you can dress so. Tie, suit, matching belt and shoes.. it's somewhat of a personal/situational touch in finnish hard winter that I wear shoes suitable for winter, as opposed to shoes you'd normally expect to match with a suit. I also like it a lot to dress similarly when going to some business meeting or job interview.

If I judge that the situation demands a more casual attire, I drop the suit and consider whether or not to use a neck tie. My usual colors are pin-stripe, black and blue. Neck tie is usually grey and irregular or geometric pattern, on the modest side.

For some formal or semi-formal celebration I usually also dress sharp, but choose nice colors. Yellow suit jacket instead of grey or blue, light blue shirt etc.. quite a lot more colorful appearance.

Going to party in some rock club, or to spend the evening, I wear boots, grey diesel jeans, black one-color shirt and a dark coloured, somewhat worn-out leather jacket, or some variation.

I don't have the vocabulary to describe every outfit. Anyways I don't think that I ever dress to 100% perfection except on weddings and other important celebrations. Usual highest standard is 95%. Usual average standard is quite low, I think, I avoid the worst combinations and throw the worn-out clothes to the garbage bin, but I don't hesitate to dress in a simple, perhaps dull and unimaginative way.

Oh and I like to look good and to show off my body in sport situations. I do it in quite a modest way tho. I don't wear baggy clothes but nothing skin-tight either. I always try to match trendy, sporty, classic, good-looking, yet somewhat modest cloths for sporting practice, and I choose the clothes with particular precision when shopping. I usually tend to maintain the cloths well and to use them a long time, but discard when they don't look good anymore.

Finally, if I'm tired and I'm gonna be home all day, I don't always bother to wear anything but underpants.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I am an odd duck -- I flip between ISTP-functional and INFP-quietly mystical, depending on my mood and the circumstance.

One thing I never really try to do, though, is attract attention. I also like deep, dark, rich colors if I am not just going with black or grays.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I've gotten a few comments in the past from others - I've heard that I dress either 'sharp' or 'chic', and am always pretty put together when I'm out.

I'd love to be able to wear jeans ALL of the time, but alas, I can't at work. So I just wear dress pants - nothing wool, though, because it's too itchy and I can't stand it. :-)

Casual wear out - dark jeans, fairly tight-fitting. As for tops, I usually wear a tighter fit, but not terribly revealing. I have a very petite build, so if I wear bulkier clothing, I just look bad. So I have to wear the more form-fitting clothes or else I'd look ridiculous. My favorite 'style' though is layering - like, a spaghetti-strap camisole, with a long-sleeved shirt over, with a hooded sweater over that. I wear almost exclusively solid shirts, though -- very few patterns. I'm also not into the corporate look - so I don't own ANY collared shirts. :-)

At home - I'll usually wear a sweatshirt and lounge pants.

I like bright colors. Pale colors and whites don't work, because I'm too pale, and blacks don't work well, for the same reason. :-) Browns look really good on me - I like browns. I also try to turn my closet into a rainbow, because I don't like wearing the same color every day. The only colors I don't wear, because they look bad, are orange/red hues, and mustards. And, I limit the blacks for aforementioned reason.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I wear mostly jeans and earth tone jersey knit tops. I would wear black, dark browns, and dark olive shirts if I didn't have dandruff-causing psoriasis on my scalp. I like fun tee-shirts with cartoon characters like Eduardo and Eeyore. I wear a lot of muted green, it's my favorite color to wear.

When I go out on a date, I might choose a particularly flattering pair of jeans (my date enjoys the show) and a top that is a little nicer. Maybe a little make-up. We really never go anyplace fancy.

Church or a school meeting, etc I wear a nice (non-cartoon) top and khakis. Make-up to church if I feel like it and to a meeting if I'm meeting with more than one person. I don't know why that makes a difference, but that's how my brain works.

I agree that it's hard not to look dumpy/sloppy if you wear loose clothes and are petite, so I do wear fitted clothes if I want to look halfway decent.

I don't work, so I can pretty much wear what I want most of the time.

Edit: I forgot piercings and hair.

I wear my hair something like shoulder-length with bangs. I have a very long face and having my forehead exposed only makes it longer. In the warm months and around the house I wear my hair in a bun. It is the most comfortable way to wear it for some reason. I don't know why. In the winter, I wear it down because it is much, much warmer that way. I color my hair because it is graying and also because having it a lighter, warmer shade makes me look less pale without having to wear makeup.

I have each ear pierced once, but I have a sensitivity to metals that makes wearing earrings difficult. First chance I get, I'm buying a pair of titanium huggy earrings that I can leave in until the kids have the mortician take them out. Knowing my kids, they will tell him to leave them in.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

I just go with some combination of tee shirt, shorts, sweat peants, or long sleeved shirt that depends on the weather. For more formallish stuff, I have some suit clothes/khakis, etc. stored away. Sometimes around the house I just wear nothing, though this is more commonly done in the summer when it gets warm. (I like sunlight, so don't do this often thanks to blinds being open.)

For hair, I just buzz it short occasionally, and let facial hair grow until it starts to itch, (If both sets of hair get really scraggly, I will smooth them out a bit). I have no jewelry, or any other such extras.

MBTI
    INFj

I wear jeans, tshirts/tank tops, and usually another top over that for fall/winter. Or, my lab coat goes over the tshirt without the extra top. And sneakers or comfy boots.

For dressing up (not often)- dark dress pants and dress shirts (pinstripe, wraparound). Sensible shoes with a little heel, my hair up in a clip, silver jewelery. I look good in dark colors, and some softer tones. I like to look neat, not overdressed, and not trendy.