User Tag List

First 7891011 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

I'm weird..I have to say I think I have excellent taste in clothes and I know how to dress myself and others. I love to dress up but I love more to come home and take it all off. I don't have a set style (altho I loved everything Audrey Hepburn wore in her real life) I can take it to a seriously dressy level and bring it right back down to jeans, my old harness boots and a hoodie. I dress how I feel at the time..no particular colors or set anything. Yet at work and other places I always get a nod about what I'm wearing..even if I wasn't trying at all that day. I think I'm actually sorta quirky about my wardrobe.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze
    The ISTP love of black and muted colors?

The XNFJ tendency to put more effort into how they are dressed. I think there were about 3 posts including Lady Pinkerton (I would love to see your outfits!) from ENFJ women who have more extensive thought out warddrobes and are considered fashionable and dare i say high-maintenance -- well at least compared to low-maintenance INTPs.
    I hate to sound so unscientific, but screw it. ISTP (males at least) are one of the types easiest to spot by the way they dress. Hanover doesn't wear black much like the ISTPs here and detests black shoes which I can't explain the reasoning for. He likes 'military color' greens and browns best. He wears jeans, tshirts and hiking boots every day, shorts/tanks sometimes too. He's actually 'picky' in strange sense. He wants me to buy his clothes and doesn't like to shop at all. He will tell me "Get me "whatever" you know I don't care" which is untrue. In our years together I've discovered the secret to shopping for him. "Whatever"=what I find unattractive=perfect for him! I remember early in our relationship that I would buy him what I thought was sexy because he 'doesn't care' right? His response was "I ain't that kind of guy sweetie". Now if I'm off even a little I know because he will not ever wear it. I once found a really ugly Marilyn Manson tshirt at a thrift store for a dollar. He still has it to this day (he has many clothes that are very old) and thinks it's cool!

My lifestyle doesn't afford me time to be high maintenance . I don't buy clothing that needs ironed. I would love to have a job that could justify suits and heels daily! My make-up and jewelry routine takes about 5 minutes. If I bother with my hair you can add 10 minutes to that. I highlight my hair about every six months and paint my toenails sometimes. That is my 'maintenance' despite people sometimes thinking I really do put quite a bit of effort into myself which doesn't bother me actually. I like getting the most impact with the least amount of effort. I often have people ask my advice on fashion which I've never figured out. I've got them fooled is all I can say. I don't bother with being trendy as it costs too much. I have no problem at all convincing other women to drop loads of cash on the newest trend though .
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

Enneagram
    1w2

I can't afford to dress the way I really want to, but if I could these are the designers I'd stock my closet full of:

Emilio Pucci - delightfully tacky!
    Alexander McQueen - vivid colors and prints
    Cynthia Rowley - good color use of color
    Caroline Herrera - classy and effortless

As far as NFJs being high maintenance, I don't know. I am very picky about what I wear, wearing clothes that fit and flatter. I don't usually walk out of the house in sweats and I at least put on my something on my face. I like to wear really nice shirts with jeans. My favorite fashion decades are the 20s, 40s, and I think the clothes right now are pretty good. I like color. I looked through my closet and I don't have that much black, brown, or dark blue. I'm not big on jewelry, but I love nice purses and shoes that match. Above all I'm going to be comfortable in what I wear because nothing distracts from your clothes like being self-conscious.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I can't swing it at present, but one of my major goals in life is to reach the point where I have the resources and nature of career that allow me to wear a suit everyday.
    I'm actually waiting for that day too!!!
    I'm hardly one to dress up, but I think business clothes look so good on people that I want to wear them all of the time.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    Infx

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post

The XNFJ tendency to put more effort into how they are dressed. I think there were about 3 posts including Lady Pinkerton (I would love to see your outfits!) from ENFJ women who have more extensive thought out warddrobes and are considered fashionable and dare i say high-maintenance -- well at least compared to low-maintenance INTPs.
    Well, you know us over-analyzers.

Though I think you had it more accurate with the "well thought out" rather than "high maintenance" just because we've alot to say and may or may not be more varied, doesn't mean it takes more then 5 to 10 minutes to put together.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    I'm actually waiting for that day too!!!
    I'm hardly one to dress up, but I think business clothes look so good on people that I want to wear them all of the time.
    They're comfortable, too. Once you've grown accustomed to suits, jeans all feel like they're made of cardboard.

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I can't swing it at present, but one of my major goals in life is to reach the point where I have the resources and nature of career that allow me to wear a suit everyday.
    I'd like to have the resources and nature of career that allow me to wear my birthday suit every day.

No, not that kind of career.

Just a world in which this would be possible could be cool.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    I'd like to have the resources and nature of career that allow me to wear my birthday suit every day.

No, not that kind of career.

Just a world in which this would be possible could be cool.
    You could go to UC Berkeley. They don't care there if you want to walk around naked everyday to class. Which may actually help curb you of that desire. There was a male student who walked around naked and after an initial fuss everyone got used to it and then it got to be no fun for him anymore and he stopped.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    usually i just wear a t shirt and undies
    but if i actually have to be forced out of the house to go to the grocery store or something i usually just throw on a shirt and some jeans.

If i'm going out with my SO i typically wear jeans and a nicer shirt that may or may not be low cut.

i also ALWAYS wear a hoodie. It's a black lightweight hoodie, but i wear it year round, because i don't want the sun on me. i have an irrational fear of getting wrinkles and skin cancer. Plus it helps me hide in public in case i see someone that i don't want to talk to.

really i hate wearing clothes, so i just avoid going anywhere as often as possible.
    Thats me too. I always wear a hoodie, and year round, as well. When I get home, I strip and get my large shirt and boxers.

The Unwieldy Clawed One Falcarius's Avatar
    MBTI
    COOL
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    Dino None

On an average day - I wear denim jeans, denim jacket (that I have had for 4 years that I seem to have become emotionally attached to even if I did buy a new one at the start of this year), sky-blue or navy blue woollen sweater, striped tennis shirt or strange coloured short-sleeve casual shirt, casual velcro strap shoes.

I don't have a problem spending a reasonable amount on clothes as long as it is practical, functional and it is good quality, and therefore will last. I know next to nothing about clothes, I just tend to buy a few items of good quality clothes - rather than have a lot of mediocre clothes - on the internet that are cheap, as it is end-of-line clearance stock and I am a part-time recluse.

I'm also known to wear a bright orange sweater, as it stops my girlfriend from telling me that I only ever wear blue clothes. I also secretly think it is cool to take fashion tips from Guantanamo Bay detention camp inmates. I am probably be sent there for my crimes against fashion, so I thought I better get used to orange.

As for hair, piercings,tattoos, and the like: Well I have longish hair for a man, I don't have any tattoos or piercings. I usually wear a bead necklace, bead bracelet. I'm a wannabe hippie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalassa View Post
    Oh our 3rd person reference to ourselves denotes nothing more than we realize we are epic characters on the forum.

Narcissism, plain and simple.