User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Urchin View Post
    I wear black. Lots of black.

When I'm working hard on something or thinking a lot, I tend to throw on whatever, and I forget to comb my hair, wash my face, etc. I look like the crazed savant type.

When I'm more idle I have time to dress nicely, but understatedly.

Oh, and lots of black.
    Yeah...I need more black clothes.

I looked like the crazy savant this morning. At least my hair only needs about 30 seconds worth of attention to look decent.
    We are not poets
    We have no right to make amendments

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Varelse View Post
    Yeah...I need more black clothes.

I looked like the crazy savant this morning. At least my hair only needs about 30 seconds worth of attention to look decent.

i have about 38 black t shirts, mostly band t shirts. When you walk into my closet you are overwhelmed by black. you can have some of my black.
    INFP 4w5
    facebook
    The pain won't let me get away.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    maybe istps DO dress alike!!!
    I think we do!!

Holy crap. I read two ISTP descriptions and I fit in there pretty well!

On a regular day:
    I wear jeans ALL of the time.
    I've got a bunch of t-shirts. I used to wear loads of black or other dark colors, mainly navy blue and dark purple. I still wear them a lot, but I've had to venture out into other shades (which I really like). It used to be a matter of not having to make anything match with anything else - y'know, black just works!
    Shoes - tennis shoes, but not running ones. I like the slimmer ones, a bit girlier, more petite, a little dressier (but not much).

For dressing up:
    I wear almost all black. I'm trying to expand the number of colors in my closet - otherwise everything looks just the same.
    I'm now a fan of long sleeve, button up shirts with vertical stripes. I also like solid color sweaters with a simple weave (??) design - mainly stripey.

I'll wear the occasional skirt...but that's not too common.
    I've got bunches of black pants.
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    isxp

Most of my clothes are comfortable. My skin is sensitive so I pay attention to fabric texture and weight to make sure that my skin can "breathe". I like fitted clothing, and also anything that has unique cut, shape, etc. I like to wear black, brown, grey... neutrals, and muted colors. I am starting to describe how old women dress, aren't I? Well, I consider my style to be sleek/modern/minimalist.

Oh, and I'm an IxxP.
    Last edited by pocket lint; 11-09-2007 at 02:05 PM.

MBTI
    ISTP

I'm an ISTP.

Um, well, I usually like dressing casual-infomally, which means T-shirt and shorts. Very rarely do I wear a dress, since I think it's little too fussy and restricts my freedom of movement. I don't really wear anything that stands out a lot, just regular colors like black, dull brown, red. No crazy stuff for me.

For footwear, I just go about my business in a pair of slippers.

While at home I dress rather sloppily: I go around in pajamas all day long. xD

I am not a sloppy dresser by any means, but for some reason I usually only buy clothes that dont wrinkle easily. Me and my (fellow INFP) husband lost our iron when we moved a whole year ago, and we didnt even notice until we had been without one for 6 months! Both our jobs at the time didnt require any kind of dressing up, so we both wore jeans or khaki type pants every day. But still, thats pretty bad, lol.

I do like things that look unique and flattering, and Im all about comfort...not to the point of wearing sweats all the time or something, but I like things that feel and look good.
    For just casual wear I pretty much wear pants and a t shirt. Jeans, khakis, or corduroy and some sort of logo t shirt or blouse, or more renaissance or hippie shirts. Im not a big accessory person, I usually forget to put on jewelry and I own maybe one belt and 2 scarves. I strive to accessorize like they tell you in Cosmo, but so far its been low on my priority list.
    My hair is always worn shoulder length or longer and I am always changing the color. Also I like to wear makeup but I definitely don't pile it on, and I also don't wear it every day. I usually dont plan it out and will make a snap decision at the last minute. So basically I'm not COMPLETELY lazy and not completely obsessed either.. and my clothes are definitely not color co-ordinated (although that would be good). Seem most INFP girls are either like me, or they really pride themselves on showing their personality by what they wear. Also I notice INFP guys can be really really lazy about their appearance!
    Last edited by ArtlessFuture; 11-08-2007 at 11:25 PM. Reason: typo!

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

This may disturb you, but I often add little touches to my outfits that are inspired by favourite fantasy characters.

I would never admit to doing this to anyone IRL.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

I can't swing it at present, but one of my major goals in life is to reach the point where I have the resources and nature of career that allow me to wear a suit everyday.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    I can't swing it at present, but one of my major goals in life is to reach the point where I have the resources and nature of career that allow me to wear a suit everyday.
    That, along with your avatar, are AWESOME.

I hope you won't be insulted when I say, that's really cute! (I know, generally business suited men do not want to hear that, but it's meant well!)

The biggest trends I've noticed so far on this thread are:

The general propensity of towards black or else muted colors.

The INXP tendency towards dressing down. Way down.

The ISTP love of black and muted colors?

The XNFJ tendency to put more effort into how they are dressed. I think there were about 3 posts including Lady Pinkerton (I would love to see your outfits!) from ENFJ women who have more extensive thought out warddrobes and are considered fashionable and dare i say well-planned -- well at least compared to low-maintenance INTPs.

And MagicPoriferan -- that's so cool you are guy who wears gloves and hats! Like Paris Hilton says, "That's hot."

It's so nice reading everyone's personal style. I wanna hear more!
    Last edited by CzeCze; 11-09-2007 at 03:55 PM. Reason: Took the suggestion to replace 'high-maintenance' with variation of 'well-thought out'

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I hope you won't be insulted when I say, that's really cute! (I know, generally business suited men do not want to hear that, but it's meant well!)
    Given that "die alone" isn't on my list of aspirations, I certainly don't mind such an assessment.