User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze
    Oh man, this totally describes one of my INTP friend's attitude towards clothes. She's female but she also thinks spending more than $8 for a shirt or pair of pants is for suckers. She shops in the kids section and knock-off retailers like Marshalls.
    Your friend and I would totally get along! $8 is pretty high to me. I pride myself on the ability to look pretty dang good with spending the least amount of money possible. My friend actually just commented the other day that I would be a poor mans DREAM GIRL because I can go on a shopping spree that would last all day with 30 bucks!!
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    ...All in all, I don't think I represent the stereo-type of an INTP or a One in anyway. I think people would be more likely to guess that I was an ISFP and a Four or something...
    See my earlier post... and my avatar. (The dress she is wearing is evocative of the sort of things I'd wear... simple, deep, a touch of elegance.)

Since your clothing is so basic in color/design, you can definitely spend more time with the accessories like you have been -- you can use them to give a spot of kick to the rest. If your clothes were less simple, you could not get away with it...
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I have no idea how other INFJ's dress.

I dress like I'm in costume.
    I like wearing full fledged Buster Keaton like get up complete with bowler hat only with a feminine twist, I like wearing over the top girly things, I like looking like I'm from the 40's from Hollywood the gloves with hat- the dresses and pretty dress suits, stuff Phyliss Diller and Carol Channing would wear to Midievil or Rennaisance garb- peasant girl look- to cowgirl- etc etc. It all looks costume to me and that's what I like because life is a stage and we are all actors. I like things that are different and make a staement and reflect who I am that day. I buy my clothes at thrift stores and you can really get some interesting things there that you can't get from anywhere else from all kinds of time periods.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6

I wear black. Lots of black.

When I'm working hard on something or thinking a lot, I tend to throw on whatever, and I forget to comb my hair, wash my face, etc. I look like the crazed savant type.

When I'm more idle I have time to dress nicely, but understatedly.

Oh, and lots of black.
    "Having is not such a pleasing thing as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." --Spock

MBTI: INTP
    Enneagram: 5w6 - SP/SX
    Oldham: Solitary, Idiosyncratic

To the top of the world arcticangel02's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNFP

Quote Originally Posted by targo View Post
    um I hate shoes and socks,, my preferred footwear are flip flops. Or sandles yes I love sandles, the snow however does NOT like sandles or fllip flops nor do my feet like the cold.

sssshhhhh but in the fall when it rains or there are puddles I do like to slowly walk through them and feel the water on my feet

As for clothes I like comfy well worn jeans so the denim is soft and slightly worn and faded. I also like the layered look usually wear tanks with t-shirts in various colours or long sleeved shirts as well. Then I have a little black jacket that I wear often. I like soft fabrics as I have what I call 'tactile' issues. I have a few great pairs of shoes that I like to dress up in, it's always fun to try and dress up like a princess and make a room stop when you enter it, well that is at least a thought of mine. I tend to live in fairy tale land

oh I also tend to get obsessive and wear the same thing over and over again

My hair is naturally curly/wavy and I wear it layered and soft with wild curls and bangs. Make up is only when i go out other wise it's mostly eyeliner and mascara and if I could remember jewelery I am sure i would wear it
    Actually, that sounds pretty similar to what I wear!

Overall I'd describe my style as a neat/elegant sort of comfortable. I'd like to be fashionable, but frankly I don't like most of the fashions out there, so I go with something pretty and comfy instead.

I'm always wearing jeans... and for tops I usually have on a fitted singlet (may or may not be low cut), and depending on how cold it is, another long-sleeved top on top of that and a light sweater/jacket. I get cold easily, yet I really don't like the look of big, bulky sweaters. Actually, most of the stuff I wear is figure-hugging, but not revealing so much.

OMG, I am totally a tactile person. Whenever I go clothes shopping I have to run my hand past everything. And no matter how gorgeous something is, if it feels bad, I won't like it.

I don't normally wear any sort of jewellery/make-up, largely because I'm always running late in the morning and thus don't have time to remember to put them on!

However, when I have time to get ready (usually for an evening or something), I adore dressing girly, with makeup and jewellery and everything. Actually, I adore dresses. Can't have enough dresses. I'd wear them all the time if it was practical (and warm enough).

As far as shoes go, I don't have heaps of pairs... just a couple that I adore and wear all the time. Flip-flops for summer, (which I love because you can kick them off at any opportunity and go barefoot) a pair of pretty but comfortable shoes for everyday, and a couple of pairs of boots for cooler evenings out. I also adore nice, heeled boots. I think they're so elegant. And yes, of course a few nice heels for warmer evenings.

ANFP:
    Extraversion (52%) ---- Introversion (48%)
    Sensing (26%) ---- iNtuition (74%)
    Thinking (16%) ---- Feeling (84%)
    Judging (5%) ---- Perceiving (95%)

9w1 so/sx/sp

MBTI
    INTJ

I will wear variations on the same type of clothing for weeks at a time, and then one day I will wake up and not like it at all, changing completely to some other style.

I am extremely picky about the clothes I wear.

These are the things I wear everyday:
    Wrist band
    Boots
    Jeans (I don't ever wear shorts unless it's leg or cardio day at the gym)
    Watch

Then, I normally wear either a plain t-shirt (black or grey), a collared shirt, or a button down long-sleeve shirt.

Tattoos: Yes
    Piercings: Not yet. I've thought about eyebrow but never decided on it.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Depends heavily on how I feel at the moment, what I want to do, what my objective is.

I tend to prefer dressing in a casual way when I'm a busy moment. But I also like shocky clothing to attract attention like wearing a t-shirt with a bloody skull picture when going to religious celebrations or at an exam of a knowingly religious professor, or dressing formally and in a really clean-cut way when I'm among punks, just in order to create some contrast in the environment.

Other than that, when I'm in a good mood (most of the time), I like brightly colored clothing. I very rarely dress black, my favorite colors are white, jellow, and blue.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    I've gotta admit though, TLC's "What Not to Wear" has been a good inspiration for ideas.

Plus, Clinton Kelly. I'd listen to him even if he told me to wear a bath mat.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    I have no idea how other INFJ's dress.

I dress like I'm in costume.
    I like wearing full fledged Buster Keaton like get up complete with bowler hat only with a feminine twist, I like wearing over the top girly things, I like looking like I'm from the 40's from Hollywood the gloves with hat- the dresses and pretty dress suits, stuff Phyliss Diller and Carol Channing would wear to Midievil or Rennaisance garb- peasant girl look- to cowgirl- etc etc. It all looks costume to me and that's what I like because life is a stage and we are all actors. I like things that are different and make a staement and reflect who I am that day. I buy my clothes at thrift stores and you can really get some interesting things there that you can't get from anywhere else from all kinds of time periods.
    I'm staging a raid of your closet. I've always wanted a bowler hat. *jealousy rays* I also wear spats and fingerless gloves. Got any handy?
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Permabanned
    MBTI
    IT

I dress like shit, but I'm working on it.

The clothes I wear are old, dated, and not "flattering." I pretend like I don't care, but I'm working on become more "metro-looking--" I hate the way I look. What's pushed me into action is the fact that I'm about to graduate and start working. The work environment is casual, but everyone dresses like they are going out for a night on the town. Its quite interesting. Anyway, they are all a bunch of programmer nerds, so I figured if they can do it, and if I have to look the part to fit it, then I obviously CAN DO IT AS WELL.

I started (thankfully) trying to dress better a year or two ago, so I've had that much time to realize that I don't know squat about dressing well. I'm getting better with each purchase.

This outdated me wears: t-shirts with labels on them (rocawear, girbaud, etc), baggy jeans, and simple shoes. The jeans aren't that baggy. The new me is more like nice-fitting bootcut or straight leg jeans, with a nice buttondown or polo. CHYEAA!