User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 122

  1. #51
    Senior Member htb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scantilyclad View Post
    aww thats cute.
    An event attendee did call me "adorable." Popularity one, manliness zero.

  2. #52
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default Awww---

    Quote Originally Posted by htb View Post
    Conservatively. Angularly.

    As a friend put it, like my mother dressed me.

    Is that you? So cute! Are those girls laughing along with you or at the camera?

    My ISTJ friend actually dresses very similarly like your pic now. And she's female.

    In college she said the same thing "I dress like my mom picks out my clothes". Because her mom DID. You know how you might get a care package with a horrendous sweater or some such item of clothing you would never pick yourself? The difference is that my ISTJ friend would actually wear the clothes, she didn't really care about fashion and is a minimalist when it comes to personal possessions. She was always clean and not slobby, but that's it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Recoleta View Post
    I dress pretty plain and casual most of the time...although, I do love color! Shorts/casual capris and tee shirts in the summer
    You know, I was almost beginning to think ISTJ = anti bright colors. Otherwise my ISTJ friend also wear flip flops, cargos and cargo shorts, and cotton t-shirts or sweatshirts all summer.

    Perhaps the love of bright colors is regional? My friends have told me people in CA dress a lot more boldly or in brighter colors than those who grow up in the midwest or east coast (with the exception of NYC possibly).

    And of course, everyone is so unique, even within their 'type'.

  3. #53
    No me digas, che! Recoleta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    MBTI
    ISXJ
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post


    Perhaps the love of bright colors is regional? My friends have told me people in CA dress a lot more boldly or in brighter colors than those who grow up in the midwest or east coast (with the exception of NYC possibly).

    And of course, everyone is so unique, even within their 'type'.
    That probably can have an impact, but I think it probably has more to do with your personal skintone/coloring and perhaps confidence level. I have fairly light skin, but am a brunette with dark brown eyes. Therefore, pastels wash me out and make me look sickly pale, whereas bolder jewel or earth tones warm up my skintone and complement my darker features nicely.

    I think one of my strongest strengths as a Sensor is that I can match colors incredibly well. Every member of my family constantly asks me what I think of their clothes and if they match etc. Uh oh, did I just validate that whole "SJ critique of clothing" thread?

  4. #54
    Senior Member htb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Posts
    1,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Is that you? So cute! Are those girls laughing along with you or at the camera?
    It is me, so thank you. The particular occasion was a mock awards ceremony. Every recipient before me had the crowd yelling, "Speech! Speech!" The camera appears to have caught the moment when I returned the challenge, asking, "Do you want a speech?" Everybody roared at that, so I gave a little extemporaneous monologue.

  5. #55
    Senior Member Roger Mexico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    131

    Default

    I tend to buy new clothes about once every 3 years, and I don't enjoy it, so whatever I thought looked cool at that point is what I'm wearing now. I like to go to Goodwill and such, and not because I'm looking for "ironic" Girl Scouts T-Shirts or somesuch. There was one kind of near where I lived in Portland that sold clothing by the pound. I also tend to scavenge for clothing a lot.

    Early in college I went through a flannel phase. My Russian prof actually called me "rubashka" (it means button-front shirt, I guess) since I was always wearing one.

    That gave way to the black-hoodie thing, which I've been doing for about the past 5 years. I basically think they're appropriate for every conceivable social function. At one point I had six or seven in my closet (mostly scavenged--paying for clothing is for suckers). Plus, you know, intellectuals have to wear black.

    I'm hopelessly addicted to the "clever T-Shirt" game. Recently I've toned it down and usually wear shirts with band logos on them, but I have quite the collection of witty/political/ just pointlessly offensive slogans to adorn my torso each day. And I won't even think about the fact I'm wearing a shirt that says "fuck you" when I'm visiting my grandmother in a nursing home or going to meet my girlfriend's parents. Maybe I'll just keep the hoodie on if I think of it.

    I own one white dress shirt, one pair of black slacks, and one necktie. If you want me to go to your wedding or funeral the day after I have a job interview, you'll probably have to be liberal in your dress expectations. I've been the guy in a suit and athletic shoes many a time in my life.

    I wear blue jeans. All the time. Why would you need anything else? I wear them until the holes start merging to the point of structural failure.

    I did the long-hair-and-full-beard thing for several years, then started buzzing myself. Paying for haircuts is for suckers. Currently I'm working on a bad-ass Scott Ian goatee. It's at about 3 inches.

  6. #56
    RETIRED CzeCze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    MBTI
    GONE
    Posts
    9,051

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Mexico View Post
    I tend to buy new clothes about once every 3 years, and I don't enjoy it, so whatever I thought looked cool at that point is what I'm wearing now. I like to go to Goodwill and such, and not because I'm looking for "ironic" Girl Scouts T-Shirts or somesuch. There was one kind of near where I lived in Portland that sold clothing by the pound. I also tend to scavenge for clothing a lot.

    Early in college I went through a flannel phase. My Russian prof actually called me "rubashka" (it means button-front shirt, I guess) since I was always wearing one.

    That gave way to the black-hoodie thing, which I've been doing for about the past 5 years. I basically think they're appropriate for every conceivable social function. At one point I had six or seven in my closet (mostly scavenged--paying for clothing is for suckers). Plus, you know, intellectuals have to wear black.

    I'm hopelessly addicted to the "clever T-Shirt" game. Recently I've toned it down and usually wear shirts with band logos on them, but I have quite the collection of witty/political/ just pointlessly offensive slogans to adorn my torso each day. And I won't even think about the fact I'm wearing a shirt that says "fuck you" when I'm visiting my grandmother in a nursing home or going to meet my girlfriend's parents. Maybe I'll just keep the hoodie on if I think of it.

    I own one white dress shirt, one pair of black slacks, and one necktie. If you want me to go to your wedding or funeral the day after I have a job interview, you'll probably have to be liberal in your dress expectations. I've been the guy in a suit and athletic shoes many a time in my life.

    I wear blue jeans. All the time. Why would you need anything else? I wear them until the holes start merging to the point of structural failure.

    I did the long-hair-and-full-beard thing for several years, then started buzzing myself. Paying for haircuts is for suckers. Currently I'm working on a bad-ass Scott Ian goatee. It's at about 3 inches.
    Awww, 'Rubashka', that's funny!

    Oh man, this totally describes one of my INTP friend's attitude towards clothes. She's female but she also thinks spending more than $8 for a shirt or pair of pants is for suckers. She shops in the kids section and knock-off retailers like Marshalls. She never throws out clothes (some of which are quite holey and just begging to be given away or used as rags) and she rarely buys clothes. I give her free cuts which are pretty nice IMHO. Sometimes she 'sources' clothes I leave at her house, but I don't mind because they didn't look good on me anyhow .

    The clothes she wears are mostly for comfort (she wears snow pants with bib in the winter, and um, we live in a big urban city) but she also does the 'message t-shirts'. She does NOT iron (OMG, how we would both laugh hysterically at the suggestion that she does) and she don't coordinate too well. It looks like she stumbles out of bed some mornings and grabs the first two things on her floor, and hopefully one is for the bottom and one is for the top. Or else has slept in her clothes the night before. Because that's exactly what she DID! I guess it's kinda the mad scientist stereotype.

    I remember looking on in horror when she wore these hand me down jersey athletic shorts (swear they were at least 5x too big for her) and this old t-shirt that was full of holes and also 5x too big for her and almost hang to her knees and made her look like she wasn't wearing pants. Some of the holes in her shirt were so big they almost exposed part of her breast.

    Normally I would not be horrified, but she had her crush over at the house. I mean, seriously woman, how are you going to woo someone wearing that! Hmm...maybe the whole 'holey t-shirt that makes me look like I"m not wearing pants' thing was intentional...

    My other INTP friend is much more fashionable and while she also wears mostly jeans and button ups with her it's more edgy, urban, and arty and less everyday casual. She puts more effort into how she looks and pays attention to the cut and fit of her clothes. This INTP is still quite budget conscious about clothes and likes to snag deals on sneakers.

    ...

    I think they both go to the same $10 hairstylist though...

    HAHAHAHAH. Sorry, I'm not laughing at anyone I just now made those connections in my head about my 2 INTP friends who also know each other.

  7. #57
    Junior Member HeavyMetal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    MBTI
    ixxj
    Posts
    21

    Default

    I dress rather eccentrically.

    Whatever is clean, comfortable, stylish (regardless of if it matches, it just 'looks aesthetically pleasing in some way if it doesn't match).. I wear skirt over jeans because belts are often obsolete, except my pink fluffy one with leopard spots. I'm cute so no make-up, I look better without it. Lip gloss or heavy eyeliner if I feel like it (which is not often, and never for a guy). I have a camouflage top with neon blue lace trim that I love.. plus it makes me look less liberal (ha ha). Mostly all-purpose, mess-resistant black fitting shirts with neon logos that actually 'mean/represent something'.. haha, sarcasm. Never caught dead wearing a plain top.. way too boring. My pink shirt right now says 'Slick' on it. My volleyball top had a cute saying, 'we bust ours to kick yours'. PJ days are fun. My dad's Metallica shirt is the comfiest thing on earth, be jealous. I'm from Cali, though I'm not located there now, it might have had some effect on my dress.

    MY REAL EXCUSE: "I'm an artist."

    Oh and I have the attire for formal events as well.
    "It's like goin' to heaven and findin' god smokin' crack." -- Riley Freeman

  8. #58
    Senior Member Roger Mexico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HeavyMetal View Post
    I dress rather eccentrically.

    Whatever is clean, comfortable, stylish (regardless of if it matches, it just 'looks aesthetically pleasing in some way if it doesn't match).. I wear skirt over jeans because belts are often obsolete, except my pink fluffy one with leopard spots. I'm cute so no make-up, I look better without it. Lip gloss or heavy eyeliner if I feel like it (which is not often, and never for a guy). I have a camouflage top with neon blue lace trim that I love.. plus it makes me look less liberal (ha ha). Mostly all-purpose, mess-resistant black fitting shirts with neon logos that actually 'mean/represent something'.. haha, sarcasm. Never caught dead wearing a plain top.. way too boring. My pink shirt right now says 'Slick' on it. My volleyball top had a cute saying, 'we bust ours to kick yours'. PJ days are fun. My dad's Metallica shirt is the comfiest thing on earth, be jealous. I'm from Cali, though I'm not located there now, it might have had some effect on my dress.

    MY REAL EXCUSE: "I'm an artist."

    Oh and I have the attire for formal events as well.

    California? You don't say...

    Seriously, although I'm very visual, I'm a "don't notice clothes" person. But living in Oregon I could pick out Californians at 100 yds. It's like the whole state outlawed subtlety in any form. But you talk to someone from California about it and they're usually oblivious--"dude, what are you talking about? I don't see anything."

    Do you wear aviator sunglasses a lot?















    And cut people off in the @##%%ing turning lane?

  9. #59
    ~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    enfp
    Posts
    2,585

    Default

    um I hate shoes and socks,, my preferred footwear are flip flops. Or sandles yes I love sandles, the snow however does NOT like sandles or fllip flops nor do my feet like the cold.

    sssshhhhh but in the fall when it rains or there are puddles I do like to slowly walk through them and feel the water on my feet

    As for clothes I like comfy well worn jeans so the denim is soft and slightly worn and faded. I also like the layered look usually wear tanks with t-shirts in various colours or long sleeved shirts as well. Then I have a little black jacket that I wear often. I like soft fabrics as I have what I call 'tactile' issues. I have a few great pairs of shoes that I like to dress up in, it's always fun to try and dress up like a princess and make a room stop when you enter it, well that is at least a thought of mine. I tend to live in fairy tale land

    oh I also tend to get obsessive and wear the same thing over and over again

    My hair is naturally curly/wavy and I wear it layered and soft with wild curls and bangs. Make up is only when i go out other wise it's mostly eyeliner and mascara and if I could remember jewelery I am sure i would wear it
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

  10. #60
    ^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp
    Posts
    13,907

    Default

    Unfortunately, I often dress in ways less than ideal, do to circumstance.
    But this is how I choose to dress:

    I really like black, and dress in it a lot. I also like wearing grey and white.
    I basically never were anything with a pattern or image or text.
    I keep most of my body covered. I dress in slacks and thin cotton dress shirts.

    My shoes are specific. They are all black, either leather or suede, and either dress shoes or heavy-duty boots.
    I have two black "newsboy" caps, one is suede and the other is corduroy, and I like to wear them a little tilted. I occasionally wear a black fedora.
    I'd probably wear a beret if I had one.

    I have a black leather jacket, and a black cashmere dress-coat.
    A grey army coat.

    I like gloves, and I have some that are(guess!) made of black leather.

    I think the most noticeable thing about my fashion are my belts.
    I have a collection of rather unusual looking belts that I wear around my shirt, instead of around the belt-loop of my pants.
    This causes the hanging parts of the shirt below my waist to plume outward.

    All in all, I don't think I represent the stereo-type of an INTP or a One in anyway. I think people would be more likely to guess that I was an ISFP and a Four or something...

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-15-2012, 10:55 PM
  2. How Do You Measure Your Type?
    By Rail Tracer in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-23-2011, 03:18 PM
  3. how do you know your friend's types?
    By Kyi in forum What's my Type?
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-03-2009, 10:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO