User Tag List

First 210111213 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I generally bargasin shop, sometimes TJ Maxx, sometimes department stores, sometimes even thrift stores to find high dollar items like suits, and even at my local Cobbler's Shoe Shop, where he sells abandoned merchandise for the cost of the repair he performed. I once got as pair of waterproof Timberland low quarter hiking boots for $10.
    $10?!?!?!?!?! How does one go about finding a cobbler's show shop? I got my dad a pair of those about a year ago for close to 80! (Almost exactly like what you described too.)

And for my preferences...
    I wear a LOT of jeans when I can. Definite jeans junkie like Sky is BLUE! I've got a bunch of t-shirts from shirt.woot.com that I wear a lot.
    When I'm bumming around my apartment, I use pj pants and t-shirts I acquired through college.

For work I wear pants (most of them black, but I have khaki and gray too), sweaters or polos for the most part, sometimes button up shirts. I have to wear a belt if the pants have belt tabs... And I'm supposed to tuck in polo shirts. Our dress code is stupid. It doesn't matter what we look like when we're coding in a cube! /rant
    I 65.63% E 34.38%
    S 68.75% N 31.25%
    T 87.1% F 12.9%
    P 66.67% J 33.33%

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

At work: Collared shirt, and jeans or slacks.

At home/with friends: I dress like an indie rocker if that helps. Jeans, t-shirt, overshirt (if it's not friggin 80 degrees or more ).

If I'm playing guitar for a show: Rockabilly

Honestly, I'd wear casual suits fairly often (I've always liked that look) if it weren't so hot down here most of the year.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by mcmartinez84 View Post
    $10?!?!?!?!?! How does one go about finding a cobbler's show shop? I got my dad a pair of those about a year ago for close to 80! (Almost exactly like what you described too.)
    Random lucky find! Look for "Shoe and Leather Repairt Shops" or something like that in your yellow pages. There is one in your town most likely. I was amazed at how much inventory was abandoned. Ladies shoes galore, pumps, and boots mostly, golf bags, briefcases, luggage, and guys shoes too. Guys shoes were hit or miss. The guy asked me if I wanted to look over his abandoned merchandise and I jokingly said "I'll bet you don't have much to choose from in size 13." He smiled and led me to the rack. There were like 8 pair.

And for my preferences...
    I wear a LOT of jeans when I can. Definite jeans junkie like Sky is BLUE! I've got a bunch of t-shirts from shirt.woot.com that I wear a lot.
    When I'm bumming around my apartment, I use pj pants and t-shirts I acquired through college.
    Jeans rule. I have a hard time finding t-shirts I like. I'm really picky about the weight and feel of tyhe cotton, and the fit. I hate shirts that fit like a potato sack.

For work I wear pants (most of them black, but I have khaki and gray too), sweaters or polos for the most part, sometimes button up shirts. I have to wear a belt if the pants have belt tabs... And I'm supposed to tuck in polo shirts. Our dress code is stupid. It doesn't matter what we look like when we're coding in a cube! /rant
    Donna Karan has written some cool stuff about a minimal wardrobe to carry a working professional woman through a buys weekend. She likes to check minimal baggage when traveling. There is alot of wisdom to her approach conceptually. for women and men. When I travel I like to be comfortable but look good. If anything gets screwed up in your journey you will be better treated if you look professional. I have a personal "superstition" that I wear a white shirt when traveling. Usually white shirt, khaki trousers, black belt/shoes, and a blue blazer. Then I have a pair of jeans, a few poloshirts, and gym shorts/shirt + tennis shoes and my shaving kit. Done.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I really love 80's fashion so I try to pull that into the modern fashion. Very bright colors are my things. I'm quite fashionable to a sence, but not fashionable where I'm wearing what others are wearing, but I make up my whole own style and I love it!
    I'm into belts and earrings

I'd deff wear this...with pants of coarse
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    IN?P

I have no idea how others of my type dress, but for most of my life I could have cared less about fashion, in fact I still think the whole concept of fashion and the fashion industry is kind of pointless.

When I was young I just wore whatever my folks picked up at the good will, and even then I'd have my mom pick out my outfits before I went to school, because I had no sense of style whatsoever. The only thing I was picky about were jeans, I'd only wear sweatpants for the first 9 years or so of my life, cause they were "more comfortable".

Even when I became a teenager and a little more conscious of my appearance, I still only wore jeans and a graphic T with the occasional hoodie.

Now that I'm a little older (16), I'm more interested in my appearance as I establish my identity. If I had enough money, I'd probably wear sort of military/mod influenced clothes, get some more band T's, some more belts. I like wearing hats a lot, like newsboy caps, baseball caps, military caps, etc. I usually wear muted colors, lots of blacks, greys, blues, dark greens, browns. And I never wear anything that isn't jeans unless I'm swimming.
    "I'm not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I've always been a freak. So I've been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I'm one of those people." - John Lennon

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Honestly, how I dress is how I express myself. Its very much an art that I enjoy putting together every day. It gives me a thrill to put my spin of my artistic style into what is natural beauty.
    I just love it! <3
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ENFP

A t-shirt. Jeans in winter, shorts in summer.
    ENFP Male: E-74% N-95% F-58% P-84% 3w2
    "I feel there are two people inside me - me and my intuition. If I go against her, she'll screw me every time, and if I follow her, we get along quite nicely." -Kim Basinger

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

My uniform (I hear it's common for INTJs to have such a thing) is about 50% composed of a pair of well worn Doc Marten's, jeans (black or red), and a tee (black), and 50% black or grey dresses with boots or flats. I'm not a very flashy dresser, but when I can afford it I like to buy well made things, so I tend to either look very plain or a little over dressed.
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

95% of the time I'm wearing a band T-shirt and Jeans, the rest of the time I have no clothes on.

MBTI
    IXFP
    Enneagram

I always where jeans or slacks and hoodies, stylish tennis shoes, and I love tees with a bunch of writing on it, and a Freddy krueger glove.

I guess my type wheres Hot Topic stuff.