User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

GirlAmerica

I have a very classic taste. Jackie Kennedy-O/Audrey Hepburn.

My wardrobe, for the most part would never go out of style.
    It is rather large, just for that reason as I add to it, it just grows.
    I love quality. I'd rather not own it if it is not quality made.
    I prefer black, navy, grey, cream, white, olive, browns.

Pencil skirts, white blouses, cardigans (sweater sets), flat front slim cut pants.
    Pearls especially, for jewelery. I will wear bracelets, no watch..and I dont care about necklaces.

I love tall leather boots and skirts in cold weather... Or boots and jeans with a big sweater.

Around the house, I am completely the opposite.
    Capri sweatpants, Hanes mens wife-beater and a flannel shirt with my fuzzy Ugg slippers, hair in a pony-tail.

MBTI
    INtP

As casual as I can get away with. For around the house, I prefer wearing t-shirts, sweatshirts, light quick-dry hiking pants or shorts (depending on the season), and hiking sandals. At work, this isn't acceptable, so I wear simple cotton slacks and long-sleeved button down shirts. In both cases, I wear solid colors in beige, black, blue, and (dark) green - nothing else. I'm really a slacker when it comes to clothes - I buy generally decent-quality stuff, but I'll basically wear them until they're thin, frayed, and occasionally even have holes in them (no holes on the work clothes).

On the whole clothes just aren't very important to me. In fact, I've considered just buying enough identical sets of shirts/pants for a week's worth of work clothes and looking the same every day so I wouldn't have to waste any time at all thinking about it... except that I'd not want to look like an arrogant Einstein imitator. Not to mention the initial expense of buying a matching set would be more than I like to spend on clothes in several years .

Yeah, I'm a real winner .

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

At home, I just wear pajamas.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

around the house I dress like The Dude!

MBTI
    ENTP

Yeah I do have a uniform. It's part of my Rule. Plain clothes, no slogans or brand names or anything. Always either black or brown. I dress casually most of the time because the work I do would cane a suit in no time, so it's jeans and t-shirts, occasional pullovers/hoodies, sneakers (all black) or baseball boots for driving. I only ever put on a suit for funerals, weddings and baptisms, that kinda thing, then usually change straight after.

Before my Rule though I always kept to pretty simple, classic styles and can't be doing with designer stuff - all that money for a label? Pchah! And paying them a fortune to be a walking advertisement for them? Madness!
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    At home, I just wear pajamas.
    I used to buy more pj's and sweats then 'real clothes' in college. I had no qualms about walking around campus in my pj's or later rolling around the streets of a gritty city in low down dirty sweats and huge oversized ski parkas (in my paranoid mind, this made me less 'muggable' anyhow).

Today is a PJ day for me as I should be studying for a midterm (but damn, this forum is so addictive) I'm wearing pink flannel pj's with pictures of bunnies on them, monkey slippers, and a matching violet colored fuzzy flannel robe...

Dear lord, and then I complain about not being taken seriously.

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Yeah I do have a uniform. It's part of my Rule. Plain clothes, no slogans or brand names or anything. Always either black or brown. I dress casually most of the time because the work I do would cane a suit in no time, so it's jeans and t-shirts, occasional pullovers/hoodies, sneakers (all black) or baseball boots for driving. I only ever put on a suit for funerals, weddings and baptisms, that kinda thing, then usually change straight after.

Before my Rule though I always kept to pretty simple, classic styles and can't be doing with designer stuff - all that money for a label? Pchah! And paying them a fortune to be a walking advertisement for them? Madness!
    Have you read 'No Logo'? I think you would like it. Or else find it redundant.

well... i dress with just a t-shirt and jeans... normally i don't care what i look like... i dunno if that is all intp's tho...

oh! i also just wear sandals or high-top converse as well

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    I used to buy more pj's and sweats then 'real clothes' in college. I had no qualms about walking around campus in my pj's or later rolling around the streets of a gritty city in low down dirty sweats and huge oversized ski parkas (in my paranoid mind, this made me less 'muggable' anyhow).

Today is a PJ day for me as I should be studying for a midterm (but damn, this forum is so addictive) I'm wearing pink flannel pj's with pictures of bunnies on them, monkey slippers, and a matching violet colored fuzzy flannel robe...

Dear lord, and then I complain about not being taken seriously.
    LOL.

That's a lot to put on for sleepwear, actually! Robes, slippers...wow that's like the whole works haha. I'd only wear all that if I was cold. For me "sleepwear" is just underwear and a nightgown or big t-shirt.
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

Senior Member TenebrousReflection's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Most of the time, I dress specificaly to not draw too much attention to myself so I wear whatever would be normal for the environment I plan to spend most of my time in. My normal stuff I wear daily is a mix of blacks, greens, browns, tans and blues - all solid color plain as I can find stuff.

If I didnt care about drawing attenion to myself and just wanted to wear what I wanted to wear, I'd probably go with something victorian like the stuff the doctor from Firefly wears. Dignified and looks good but probably uncomfortable. I'd probably also experiment a lot with various styles and combining things that just shouldnt go together too if could get past the attention gettign part of it. Clothes should express individuality and quirkiness, but doing that gets unwanted attention.

I recently decided I wanted to try to learn more about tailoring my own clothes for medeival/reniasance garb type stuff, but startign with no knowledge I havn't made much progress there (made something that the arms were too small on and havn't tried again since then). - Part of my try to experiment with new things every once in a while side.