User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Default Things to do when you're sick ...

Once again the miracle has happened - the miracle of the common cold. I talked to a fellow student four days ago who told me that he's beginning to become sick, and I replied that I'm lucky because I had had a cold only five weeks ago. Though we all know that once you've recovered from a cold, you're virtually immune to anything people are coughing and sneezing out into the open air, it strangely hit me again (maybe because I was poking fun at him because I said that I was the one coughing into books at the library all the time to make infect people I don't even know. The more spiritual among you may see it as the system of higher retribution in operation).
    To make a long story even longer, the cough that kept me awake during Thursday's wee hours unexpectedly turned out not to be smoker's cough, which would be the usual course of events.
    So now I'm ill (and slightly ill-tempered) again, confined to my shared apartment (which I fortunately don't have to share during this weekend due to the ever-stunning fact that people other than me do have a social live), not knowing what to do, bored to death, and making all of this known to the mildly interested public in a two and a half paragraph post at TypeC

Maybe some of you has any ideas what you can do when you can't do much...
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Let yourself be nursed back to health by a friendly ENTP. I'll bring you hot tea and soup and fresh fruit and hugs and three dozen bagels (not for eating). After you have a little energy, we can drop the bagels out of your window, aiming for the tops of people's heads.
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Netflix instant movies, saved my life this week.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by JTG1984 View Post
    Netflix instant movies, saved my life this week.
    Yeah. When I was sick I watched The Legend of the Seeker the first season. Picking up DVD sets of 24 the TV series is good to do when your sick almost don't want to get well at least until its over.

Also good chocolate and Jack Daniels whiskey

Video games. RPGs or some "sand box games" i.e. GTA 4 or Mass Effect are good choices. When sick don't wanna put too much effort and sometimes download walkthroughs.

and of course writing here
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Supreme Allied Commander Take Five's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

You can die. Some people do that with illness.
    Johari Nohari

"If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared. "--Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    (which I fortunately don't have to share during this weekend due to the ever-stunning fact that people other than me do have a social live)
    If you do not have a social life, why would there be a problem to begin with? Just do the same shit as usual.

MBTI
    ENTP

My favorite thing to do while sick is to just lie in bed and watch TV shows and movies on my laptop. Best thing ever.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    If you do not have a social life, why would there be a problem to begin with? Just do the same shit as usual.
    Yeah for real, you've got the internet.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    -1w sp/sx
    Socionics
    IOU Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Take Five View Post
    You can die. Some people do that with illness.
    Considering how impatient I am, that might be an option. But then again, the world needs me.

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    It's a purely mental thing. I like to live on the pretext that I stay at home at my own volition.
    IN SERIO FATVITAS.

-τὸ γὰρ γράμμα ἀποκτέννει, τὸ δὲ πνεῦμα ζῳοποιεῖ-

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I honestly think it's kind of strange that you're an INFP and don't know what to do when you're home sick.

Are you sure you're an INFP? I'm only a mild extrovert, and I can think of a million things to do at home alone, including all the indie films or horror movies I haven't seen yet, reading novels that I have waiting until after I've finished my school work this semester, not to mention my rich and disturbing on-line life...I don't even own a television (I watch DVDs on my lap top).