User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Shit I am old.

Post Shit I am old.

I think I still have 23-25 years to accomplish my goal. I feel like I wasted alot of time. Anyone feel the same? What can you do about this?
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Sometimes I do feel like this too and I'm only 18. I guess everyone feels like this from time to time. Fot me, the only way to stop thinking like this is not thinking at all.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post

I think I still have 23-25 years to accomplish my goal. I feel like I wasted alot of time. Anyone feel the same? What can you do about this?
    What is your "goal" ?

Now that I've turned 30 I've learned not to set goals anymore. That has eased my mind tremendously. I used to be too anxious about a lot of things and my dreams as a young adult were too idealistic anyway.

to Saint Kar : you're right.

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm pushing 30... its scary.
    Ground control to Major Tom

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

what is the goal and what is it for? If the expectations of the goal exceed the probable success of it happening than it is probably too much of a risk to worry about. I don't have any major goals and I'm 19 (young but in the age-range that many people feel the need to make big decisions). Reduces anxiety but produces a special anxiety of its own in that I'm worried I'll not live up to the success of my peers. But then I remember that one day I'm going to die and I feel better

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

I've said this before but it makes a huge difference to me. My grandma is '94 and is still awesome, she took creative writing classes a year or two ago. My grandpa signed up for small engine repair classes in his 80's. You are only "old" when you act old.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sp/sx

Goals are over rated bull crap designed to sell suckers books, and induce anxiety and self-loathing to the point shrinks can eat and drug companies can sell pills!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    meh

I think you could still become the leader of China by 2035. Have some faith man.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I feel old when I think about having three teenagers now. Goals . . . well, the fact that I have three teenagers means that I am coming near to having raised my kids which was my primary goal. Next goal is to try to build the resources to retire in modest comfort. In this economy that's looking less and less realistic, but there's only so much I can do about that.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by cloud View Post

Lol .. Not at all. I am 30 and i still have everything ahead of me. My perception is slightly different though as i don't have goals .. I just take advantage of what comes my way and just basically ride the wave. It all works out and i don't have to stress .. Perfect.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe