User Tag List

First 234

Thread: Shit I am old.

MBTI
    GONE

Dood, anyone under the age of 30 is not old. I feel like the younger you are, the older you feel. Or rather, the more conscious you are of "being an adult" and feeling all these expectations of what you are "supposed to be doing". You're feeling the weight of the great big nebulous future and expectations. When you're physically young, you have a lot of those.

And really, you have all of your 20s to waste. Hell, even your 30s. It's relative. Enjoy being young, give yourself permission to make mistakes or even do nothing at all.

People can live entire lifetimes before 30. You're not running a race, not even against yourself. Some people know very early on what they want to do and do exactly that. Other people have no idea and do not find their passion or have the opportunity to do what they want to do until much later in life. It's not even that there are many roads to Rome, there really is no Rome, no ultimate destination other than death. I think that can create a lot of anxiety in people and create this need to be "productive" and to be "doing something".

Anywhoo, don't worry so much about whether you're doing it right and everything you could or should be doing and just enjoy the present and do whatever you feel like doing. And if you don't know what you feel like doing, that's totally okay.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I think people have more issues with turning 30 than any other age. I did because somehow it just appeared out of nowhere and I didn't have any time to prepare for it. When I turned 40, however, I had none of those issues at all.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Turning 30 was one of the best things I've ever done. If I'd known I was going to like it so much and I could have, I would have done it a lot sooner. I'm hoping I will like 40 as much.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I'm not concerned with goals, but I do have paths I wish to walk.

My biggest wish would be to be immortal with brain and basic bodily functions in tact. I'd like to be able to still pee against a tree a million years from now. Does that count as a goal?
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticus View Post
    I think you could still become the leader of China by 2035. Have some faith man.
    Thats my ultimate goal. But I have 1.3 billion people to beat and I am at a serious disadvantage.

Dood, anyone under the age of 30 is not old. I feel like the younger you are, the older you feel. Or rather, the more conscious you are of "being an adult" and feeling all these expectations of what you are "supposed to be doing". You're feeling the weight of the great big nebulous future and expectations. When you're physically young, you have a lot of those.

And really, you have all of your 20s to waste. Hell, even your 30s. It's relative. Enjoy being young, give yourself permission to make mistakes or even do nothing at all.

People can live entire lifetimes before 30. You're not running a race, not even against yourself. Some people know very early on what they want to do and do exactly that. Other people have no idea and do not find their passion or have the opportunity to do what they want to do until much later in life. It's not even that there are many roads to Rome, there really is no Rome, no ultimate destination other than death. I think that can create a lot of anxiety in people and create this need to be "productive" and to be "doing something".

Anywhoo, don't worry so much about whether you're doing it right and everything you could or should be doing and just enjoy the present and do whatever you feel like doing. And if you don't know what you feel like doing, that's totally okay.
    Today 04:23 PM
    Aww, thanks.

I just don't want to waste my life away doing nothing.

I pretty much view 25 as my mid life, because when you reach 50, you can never do some things anymore. That means its only 25 years left.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I'm not concerned with goals, but I do have paths I wish to walk.

My biggest wish would be to be immortal with brain and basic bodily functions in tact. I'd like to be able to still pee against a tree a million years from now. Does that count as a goal?
    It's not impossible that some part of you could end up peeing against a tree in a million years. Perhaps it is even likely that at least a handful of your atoms will participate in such a venture.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    It's not impossible that some part of you could end up peeing against a tree in a million years. Perhaps it is even likely that at least a handful of your atoms will participate in such a venture.
    So cool, now I'll be dreaming on how my atoms will spread and scatter around the world after my death, and what significance they may have on the future.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    Turning 30 was one of the best things I've ever done. If I'd known I was going to like it so much and I could have, I would have done it a lot sooner. I'm hoping I will like 40 as much.
    +1

I loved turning 30 .. I stopped giving a shit and just enjoyed it for what it is.

I am hoping 40 will be just as good. It is going to be one hell of a party if i reach that age.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post

For that reason I've enjoyed every age that I've been. I'm also determined to be a reasonably healthy centenarian one day, so I shift all my assumptions about my future by at least three decades. I'm going to be an awesome little old lady who plays jazz organ and has motorized buggies that ride up and down a spiral ramp alongside the outer walls of our dome home.
    I hope to be one crazy, active, eccentric old lady. I'm making a good start at it, lol. When I volunteered at Arches National Park when I was 22, there was a 69 and 64 yr-old couple who were volunteering at the same time and leading 3 mile hikes. I remember thinking...man...that is so awesome...I need to stay active and healthy over the years so that I'm able to do the same thing when I'm their age. So that's a general 'goal' of mine.

As to turning 30....turning 30 was great for me. I actually had more issues with 25 than 30. And my 30th year, and now my 31st, have been some of the best of my life; certainly in the sense of throwing caution to the wind and really trying to kick my life around a bit and keep it interesting. I feel 'old' only in the sense that I look at my peers, many of whom are married and have one or more children already, and my not having either makes me feel....out of place at times, simply because there aren't as many people anymore who are in the same 'life phase' as I. But, that said, internally I still feel really young, and I often have to remind myself that I'm now in my 30's....even though I think I'm in my 20's at times.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Can't we just discharge age? It would make us feel less old, that's for sure. Sometimes I meet these 28 year olds who look like they're at least 50 (yes, most 28 year olds here look like they're over 50) and then I think: wow, I'm going to look like that in 10 years! Seriously, let's totally forget about age. It only screws people up.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.