12 Last

Thread: nudists

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Default nudists

Do we have any nudists here? Perhaps part time, maybe only in your own company, maybe only with certain others? Share your reasons for your free lifestyle. Maybe you'd like to, or why wouldn't you?
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

MBTI
    INTP

Wandering around the house naked during summer isn't nudism - it's just good sense.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

I have to agree with twm... I prefer not being clothed when alone... sometimes. If it's too cold, I do enjoy the feeling of being neekid in a warm blanket, but that's clothed since I'm covered.

Bare footed and such, same concept, but as with nudity, highly impractical. Clothing provides alot of psychological support, social acceptance, and so on. Technically I legally CAN go without a shirt... but why would I want to? Even if it's hot as hell out, no shirt would provide very little benefit due to the immense humidity here, but it would get me alot of strange looks and unwanted attentions.

When at home alone though? Well yeah, it's pleasant to not feel fabric stuck to yeu all the time. Something light though like just undergarments tends to work just as well most of the time though.

MBTI
    XXFP

On some level, I really like the idea of nudism.

You're naked. You can't hide anything. People's emotions are conveyed so fully with their body, not just their face. Humans are probably like every other mammal and are built to pick up on cues not only on somebody's face, but on their chest, shoulders, arms, neck, stomach. Everything all together.

It's pretty funny that people are embarrassed to be naked. We're all naked under our clothes. Nothing really that interesting to see. It's all variations on the same basic model...

That said, if somebody walks into my shower, I'm likely going to try and cover myself.

And if I see some naked person on the street, I'll likely stare.

Odd.
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    Bare footed and such, same concept, but as with nudity, highly impractical. Clothing provides alot of psychological support, social acceptance, and so on. Technically I legally CAN go without a shirt... but why would I want to? Even if it's hot as hell out, no shirt would provide very little benefit due to the immense humidity here, but it would get me alot of strange looks and unwanted attentions.
    it depends a lot on where you are too, around here men go shirtless all the time, everbody wears sandals if they wear any footwear at all..... people wear a lot less clothing here. i go shirtless and shoeless as much as possible, which is pretty much 24-7.

EDIT-
    oh, i have appeared naked in an artsy B&W film an artist friend of mine made, i guess that is pertinent to the topic. haha.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Yes, I like being naked, and if you could walk around naked without getting any attention I probably would. I don't really see myself as a nudist though... it's just something occasional and casual. It's not a big deal to be naked or to not be.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    oh, i have appeared naked in an artsy B&W film an artist friend of mine made, i guess that is pertinent to the topic. haha.
    Me too! It wasn't black and white though. Oh, I've done it a couple of times actually...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

I walk around naked in my house daily.

It's my house. I'll get dressed when I feel like it.

It's Florida, it's hot 90% of the year, there's no need to insulate most of the time.

When outside, I wear gym shorts in the summer and flip flops or athletic shoes. That's it.

The more clothes you wear here, the more uneven your tan will be, and the more laundry you will have to do.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I've always been very comfortable with nudity. I think it's just the way I was raised. I wouldn't call myself a nudist per se, but I don't see any special reason to wear clothing if you don't have to. I'm probably closer to being a nudist than many people I know. I also walk around barefoot a lot.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    Be too! It wasn't black and white though. Oh, I've done it a couple of times actually...
    well done. it is pretty interesting though, isn't it? i mean, the experience.
    yeah, the film i was in had several thin and graceful and very lithe women with music like Satie's Gymnopidies and Chopin nocturnes and all this very romantic and melancholy music... it was all very tender and sweet. and then my scenes had this very ominous music from Carmina Burana. haha. i think i was supposed to be the counterpoint to the whole rest of the film. oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    The more clothes you wear here, the more uneven your tan will be,
    EXACTLY.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    well done. it is pretty interesting though, isn't it? i mean, the experience.
    yeah, the film i was in had several thin and graceful and very lithe women with music like Satie's Gymnopidies and Chopin nocturnes and all this very romantic and melancholy music... it was all very tender and sweet. and then my scenes had this very ominous music from Carmina Burana. haha. i think i was supposed to be the counterpoint to the whole rest of the film. oh well.
    Angels and a devil Mine wasn't so artsy. It was about a guy who goes to his cabin in the woods and meets a female troll, they fell in love but the god of the forest wants his daughter back. There was a scene of me dipping into a frozen lake (quite normal thing to do here).

The other film was only about going to run naked in the woods. Artsy concept, huh? It was mostly my idea..