User Tag List

First 234

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by FMWarner View Post
    I understand your point, but I disagree. I know I should probably turn in my INTJ membership card, but I do not think that humanity reaching a higher level has anything to do with technology or progress as it is typically defined. I can certainly appreciate some of the wonders of science, as I enjoy astronomy quite a bit. But I think our interactions with each other are how we come to understand what is best and worst in us. I think the highest accomplishment a person can attain is unselfish love and compassion for his fellow man, and you don't need a computer, PDA or cloned sheep to do that. Are any sterling examples of humanity in the past any less so because they didn't live in the age of the fax machine or the rape of embryos for stem cell research?

Finally, quality of life is the goal of any person, I would think. To sacrifice your life for another is noble, but who would sacrifice the quality of their life for a smaller cell phone or a pill to fool people into thinking they're happy? Quality of life is short-term in the perspective of history, but for actual living people, it's a lifetime.
    That's an intriguing perspective, actually. I guess I see interaction with people as just being a means to get though to something else, a higher idea, a higher mutual understanding of ourselves. Not an end in and of itself. I guess I see what we create/advance and how we use it as an important expression of who we really are. I do enjoy caring about people and interacting with them, and seek to do so whenever I can, but I don't consider it to be the highest achievement, what I'm really striving for via that. I guess what I want is truly understand my own feelings and motivations, as well as those of other people, in order to find new expressions to truly empathize, and show that I feel what they feel.

I still see it as bit (but not as much) short-term and prefer my own perspective (because I like to look at things in terms of the future), but I definitely consider yours valid, as well as fascinating.

MBTI
    INFJ

I'd get bored. As well as not having much of anybody to talk to. Most of all my friends should, or would be gone. At least that's what I would assume. I'd maybe be lost without my NT around. Who the hell would I talk to???

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by LadyJaye View Post
    Exactly. Twig and pine cone soup, anyone?

NT's are indestructible, and I love them for it.
    In what way are NTs indestructible? [NB: there's no apostrophe if you're referring to a group of stuff, including people.]
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

What do you think about me? And for the darker side, here.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Thisica View Post
    In what way are NTs indestructible? [NB: there's no apostrophe if you're referring to a group of stuff, including people.]
    It's kind of weird to dredge up a years-old thread and correct someone's punctuation, no?
    Something Witty

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Still, I'm glad that they did dredge it up. Maybe now I'll get more responses on what people think a world without NTs would be like. I've been waiting 4 years for someone to resurrect this thread.

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

I think it's funny that you thought that the solutions NTs come up with are anything but kludges. They just happen to be interesting kludges, that's all.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

It's tricky to imagine a world without NTs, since I so happen to be one of them! But from what's happening in the world today, particularly with the uprise of people wanting to insert non-science into science classrooms and leaders who know hardly anything about the important environmental issues--let alone the fragile Middle East and nuclear power...the human race will be screwed due to ignorance and short-sightness of policy. Politicians need our long-term vision. Or not, if the non-NT pollies can do it. Honestly, though...I have no idea about whether a non-NT world would actually succeed. Everyone needs everyone else, after all.
    “To explain all nature is too difficult a task for any one man or even for any one age. 'Tis much better to do a little with certainty, & leave the rest for others that come after you, than to explain all things by conjecture without making sure of any thing.”—Statement from unpublished notes for the Preface to the Opticks (1704) by Newton.

MBTI
    NiTe
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    It's kind of weird to dredge up a years-old thread and correct someone's punctuation, no?
    Of course. But a mistake, however old, is still a mistake