User Tag List

First 678

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Money cannot buy happiness, and is in fact a hindrance to happiness. Happiness is internal, not external. Happiness is not to be found where the thieves can break in and steal and the moths can corrupt.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I'm thinking...probably, because of all of the opportunities it affords you. Thoughts?
    Happiness is a flat near the U Station and small change for a cup of coffee.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Money pays the bills, and it feels good when the bills are paid and feeling good is pretty much the same as happiness, therefore yes.
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Let's suppose we're already past the minimum requirement for having decent living standards; I don't think money will make you happy if you're not, but if you're already feeling good, it will add platitude to your happiness, since you will have a larger quantity of experiences available at your disposal. For example, if I had more money, I would be able to go skiing more often; since I like skiing, that would make me slightly happier.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

It depends on your conception of happiness.

Are we talking fake happiness? Happiness you get from buy new clothes, happiness you get from alcohol or drugs, happiness you get from doing your job, happiness you get from driving your car around, happiness you get from knowing that you are socially superior/popular, happiness you get from sex, happiness you get from knowing you are physically attractive, happiness you get from knowing you are talented at sports, happiness you get from knowing that you are the best musician in town, happiness you get from knowing you're wage has increased by 10%?

Or are we talking real happiness? The happiness you get from knowing you've given your best efforts into completing something, the happiness you get from finishing a task on time, the happiness you get from walking your dog way too early in the morning, the happiness you get from coming home to your family after a long days work, the happiness you get from knowing you have a wife..or a husband..who would do anything for you, the happiness you get from knowing that you saved someones life..or made them a dollar richer..or said have a nice day as you walked out of the gas station.

These, my friend, are the true happiness' in life. Screw what they say. Money can't buy you true happiness.

Superficiality and the Ego are the two forces trying to block out the sun of happiness. When you bring superficiality and your ego into the light, you're only getting a little bit of the light. It's fake happiness. Don't you all see? But vanquish them, and it's you and Happiness. On a date.

We all know the answer to this question.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE

Yeah, it can also buy sadness.

I rather make money buy another intended object, not an emotion because hey if you think it'd make you happy, then it'd also make you sad. Can't have one with out the other, ya' dig?

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8 sx
    Socionics
    --- Te

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Let's suppose we're already past the minimum requirement for having decent living standards; I don't think money will make you happy if you're not, but if you're already feeling good, it will add platitude to your happiness, since you will have a larger quantity of experiences available at your disposal. For example, if I had more money, I would be able to go skiing more often; since I like skiing, that would make me slightly happier.
    Well said.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I'ld like to buy a house and besides that there isnt really much I can use money for. Skiing ? Only sports I do is finger wrestling .

I am already earning quite some sum of money and I am happy I have someone to administrate it for me, cause I would spent it on silly shit, I will never need, nor will it make me happy nonetheless
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]