User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Money unquestionably makes searching for love easier.
    It can, but the 70 hour work week someone put in to make that money doesn't.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Happiness is something felt from within.. Money can't buy that feeling, but can provide the basic necessities for one to live comfortably without having to struggle.

Also, sometimes, I think if one has too much money, it's hard to tell whether or not your friends are your friends because they truly like you for you, or the lavish things you can provide, along with the fame and being associated with it..

I'd rather have enough to live comfortably to be able to do what I love, and the rest will follow naturally.

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

Look, I rarely get in to debates. The reason being: If someone is on the opposite fence a disscussion will not change their mind. Because all the other person will do is get on the back foot and believe in their POV even more. What's more why would I even want to change your mind? It's up to you what you believe. Debates only result in a negative vibe of the other person. The human need to be right is a very strong motivator that it makes discussion futile. And I like you, I wouldnt want to get in to an 'Im right your wrong' scenario. I don't agree, a I have said it baffles me, but It baffles me less to not get in to it.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    It can, but the 70 hour work week someone put in to make that money doesn't.
    Beats working 70 hour work weeks and not making shit, though, but you do have a point.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Apparently the happiest people in the world are Nigerians. Followed by people from Venezuela and Mexico. I agree that how a society views happiness will affect what makes one happy.

Interesting study.
    BBC NEWS | Africa | Nigeria tops happiness survey

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

When all of those corny people say that money can't buy you love, they're right.

Money and Love are two completely different planes.

Money is this tiny layer of human consciousness, and Love is an untangable never ending plane of bliss.

But sometimes we forget that and let money and love mix. And we've royally fucked up.

Why is this even a discussion?
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Enneagram
    1w2

"I've been rich and I've been poor. Believe me, honey, rich is better."
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    Look, I rarely get in to debates. The reason being: If someone is on the opposite fence a disscussion will not change their mind. Because all the other person will do is get on the back foot and believe in their POV even more. What's more why would I even want to change your mind? It's up to you what you believe. Debates only result in a negative vibe of the other person. The human need to be right is a very strong motivator that it makes discussion futile. And I like you, I wouldnt want to get in to an 'Im right your wrong' scenario. I don't agree, a I have said it baffles me, but It baffles me less to not get in to it.
    That's assuming that changing the other person's mind is the only reason to have a debate. Coming to a better understanding of another person's view point is another reason to discuss ideas.

If it helps, don't think of it as a debate. Think of it as empathy training.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Money is kind of like Ibuprofen. It makes you think you're better, but it dumps off at the end of it's cycle and you feel just as bad, if not worse, than you did before. And then you take more and more. It's all a big FAT FUCKING LIE.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    I'll explain it this way.

(Before I go any farther let me explain that this is how it works out for me, I'm not saying that everyone else can or should operate this way)

I'm of the opinion that I can only be about 60% happy when single and living by and for myself.

Family and friends can up that 60% to about 80%.

But only love can get me to 100%, and that last 20% is the best part.
    I agree with the premise, since I have the same opinion.

I think the percentages change according to the individual and according to life experiences, education, family, and even type, now that I think about it. That is to say, material goods and services bring a significant amount of happiness to most folks. Moreover, relationships add another degree, or percentage amount, to one's happiness. Lastly, I think ones "true love" would top that percentage off by a rather high amount.

But with that said, I believe gratitude is the key to happiness. Which means, you can have all these things and be very happy at this precise moment.; however, once you become ungrateful for the things you have, and the people that increase your happiness, your overall happiness will begin to deteriorate.

. . . in my humble opinion.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight