User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Results 31 to 40 of 78

  1. #31
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    Its pretty clear cut to me. It bothers me when someone thinks that it can, it's so deluded.
    I understand that. But there are circumstances in which, while money may not be directly buying happiness, it can make the difference between having it or not.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  2. #32
    Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    I understand that. But there are circumstances in which, while money may not be directly buying happiness, it can make the difference between having it or not.
    [Quote=haight]haights post[quote]

    I don't agree. I'll leave it at that, I'd prefer not to get in to a debate over it. I hope you find the answer, I assure you it's not money but I also know telling you that won't convince you. You have to find it for yourself.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

  3. #33
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    I don't agree. I'll leave it at that, I'd prefer not to get in to a debate over it. I hope you find the answer, I assure you it's not money but I also know telling you that won't convince you. You have to find it for yourself.
    In other words, you know you're wrong, but you'd like to believe that there is no correlation between ones financial means and ones happiness since that would make this world a much better place, theoretically speaking.

    I'd bow out if I were you as well, since that's an argument that would only fly if you were Diogenes.
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

  4. #34
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Up to a certain point it of course has some correlation with how happy you are.

    But that happiness in one's financial security can never slake the human thirst for belonging and love.

  5. #35
    Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Posts
    951

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haight View Post
    In other words, you know you're wrong, but you'd like to believe that there is no correlation between ones financial means and ones happiness.

    I'd bow out if I were you as well, since that's an argument that would only fly if you were Diogenes.
    Not at all. But if you believe the opposite I could see how you could draw that conclusion.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

  6. #36
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    Not at all. But if you believe the opposite I could see how you could draw that conclusion.
    Feel free to explain how there isn't a correlation between money and happiness.

    *waits patiently*
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

  7. #37
    Doesn't Read Your Posts Haight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INTj
    Posts
    6,243

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    But that happiness in one's financial security can never slake the human thirst for belonging and love.
    I don't know what that means. Can you elaborate?
    "The only time I'm wrong is when I'm questioning myself."
    Haight

  8. #38
    Per Ardua Metamorphosis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    3,466

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DiscoBiscuit View Post
    Up to a certain point it of course has some correlation with how happy you are.

    But that happiness in one's financial security can never slake the human thirst for belonging and love.
    I agree, but I think the two are connected if financial security directly aids the pursuit of love.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

    Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

  9. #39
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    I'll explain it this way.

    (Before I go any farther let me explain that this is how it works out for me, I'm not saying that everyone else can or should operate this way)

    I'm of the opinion that I can only be about 60% happy when single and living by and for myself.

    Family and friends can up that 60% to about 80%.

    But only love can get me to 100%, and that last 20% is the best part.

  10. #40
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    I agree, but I think the two are connected if financial security directly aids the pursuit of love.
    Money unquestionably makes searching for love easier.

Similar Threads

  1. why can't you buy just one carrot?
    By prplchknz in forum Home, Garden and Nature
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-07-2012, 11:26 AM
  2. If money doesn't make you happy then you probably aren't spending it right
    By Octarine in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-16-2011, 08:27 PM
  3. Money = happiness?
    By The Ü™ in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 37
    Last Post: 10-25-2007, 04:35 PM
  4. How Intuitives can be better with money...
    By The Ü™ in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-15-2007, 09:12 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO