First 45678 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    And if an ENFP should happen to show up, it would be: "I have a spoon, wanna see? Oh, wait a minute, I left it in the car. Hey, as long as we have to go to the car, wanna take a drive? Oh, isn't my car just the prettiest thing you've ever seen? Hold on, I forgot my purse. Oh, let's go to the mall. We can get a new spoon there."

(I can't take the credit for that last one; it belongs to this ENFP-bashing INTJ.)
    Actually, if I were an ENFP, I'd take it as a compliment that I've got a real life... as opposed to just sitting around and arguing about spoons.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    Your meal gets thrown into your lap, each time, by accident. The national currency is apologies.
    :yim_rolling_on_the_

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Actually, if I were an ENFP, I'd take it as a compliment that I've got a real life... as opposed to just sitting around and arguing about spoons.
    Within my spoon satire, the ENFP approach has a lot of merit.

However, reducing the satire of INTJs to the quote 'There is no spoon' (which was the original context), the ENFP quote by contrast suddenly seems less loving - at least to my ear, but I could be biased because I *know* that the author's motivation was to knock ENFPs.

MBTI
    Infx

Quote Originally Posted by vince View Post
    I imagine nothing ever gets done on INFJ planet. We live in treetops, since we only know how to built houses in theory. People sit around a bonfire & smoke pot all day and wonder about other planets. Every movie in theater is made by David Lynch. Every word has its own dictionary with metaphors & synonyms. Restaurants only serve 1 meal, because otherwise ordering would take forever. Your meal gets thrown into your lap, each time, by accident. The national currency is apologies. Everyone is everyone's soulmate. The end.
    ... I don't think I can top that.

Except I think trying to "find ourselves" and help each other do so.. and realizing that we are all the same would lead to over analyzing projection and introjection and we'd all become psychologically paralyzed and finally insane believing that our entire collective conscience is the spoon that the INTJ planet is talking about.
    Forming characters! Whose? Our own or others? Both. And in that momentous fact lies the peril and responsibility of our existence. - Elihu Burritt

Member of the Maverick's Biker Club - Now crashing through walls instead of just..walking into them.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

This reminds me that I find single-type communities really creepy.
    I once found a Live Journal place just for ENFPs, and oh my god, it was terrifying.

That being said, I didn't really like INTPc either.
    It seems to me that single type gatherings breed a dangerous combination of arrogance and ignorance. It's like an isolation policy.
    A bunch of identical people just huddle around and affirm each other's beliefs, slowly distancing themselves from all other types.
    They also seem to have a tendency to bask in their own stereo-types for some reason.

A world with only INTPs would be awful.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    ...A world with only INTPs would be awful.
    Yeah, but then again, since they would all be INTPs, who would care?

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

We're already living in a world where everyone is INTP. However we choose to cling to MBTI theory instead of examining the world to determine what it's really like.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

istp world-

-no chick flicks would be made
    -oprah would not have a tv show, because nobody would listen to her advice, the same applies to "Dr." Phil
    -death rate would skyrocket since people would engage in dangerous activities without Js there to warn about the horrible consequences
    -Hallmark would go out of business
    -the term sympathy would only be used in the Rolling Stones song
    -we would have at least 500 channels of ESPN
    -alcohol consumption would rise
    -churches would be pretty empty
    -Walt Disney would make films like "The Little Assassin Who Could" and "Johnny Works on His Vintage Muscle Car"
    -there would be nobody left to intimidate

this is just a small sample of what I'm imagining!

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    Yeah, but then again, since they would all be INTPs, who would care?

Ho ho!
    I think you misunderstand INTPs. We're not completely apathetic.
    At least I'm certainly not.

MBTI
    ENFP

if you plotted to send out a secret agent to infiltrate or spy another planet type, what type would you like to spy/infiltrate on and what would be your reasons?