User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I think if everyone were like me... people would be too afraid to do certain jobs, thus people would only eat vegetables, few buildings would be constructed, and they would only do as much as they had to to maintain a lifestyle where they could have books, friends, and internet, at least until the Internet fell apart. We'd probably try to keep it together, but I don't know if we'd be smart enough without the NT's to help us. We might be able to keep it together, but the technology would probably regress a few generations, and be a lot slower/inefficient than it is now.

So an INFJ world might be a shell of the previous world, with people working hard to keep memories of the past splendor/knowledge alive.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    It would be bloody awesome. Everyone would be polite, friendly, say what they think, competent, trustworthy and with a big heart underneath. They'd be competitive but without dirty tricks. Everything would move fast. They'd be calm under stress, direct and assertive. People wouldn't be so defensive, sensitive and complicated. Everything would be straightforward. Everyone would have high self-confidence. There wouldn't be any wars - No one would want to be a solider. Everyone should be ENTJ.
    I could live in a world with a 50/50 ENTJ/INTJ. I think having too many Is would make socialization difficult, too many Es too chaotic. But I ENTJs/INTJs.

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    It would be bloody awesome. Everyone would be polite, friendly, say what they think, competent, trustworthy and with a big heart underneath. They'd be competitive but without dirty tricks. Everything would move fast. They'd be calm under stress, direct and assertive. People wouldn't be so defensive, sensitive and complicated. Everything would be straightforward. Everyone would have high self-confidence. There wouldn't be any wars - No one would want to be a solider. Everyone should be ENTJ.
    wow....colours well, i'd vote a few of your kind in the mix too
    maybe then we'd get things working again

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by xNFJiminy View Post
    ENFP Planet sounds fun. Even the being eaten part. I assume you welcome unexpected guests?

...'Cos we'd really rather people call first.
    i know:rolli: we would like the whole universe to come together in a cosmic celebration of life because at one point we would get bored of ourselves.....its just the way we are....and i dont know whether to or sometimes

MBTI
    INTJ

Ever wonder what it would be like?
    When I was young, I used to think everyone WAS just like me. I've read it's normal to think that. Part of the maturation process is learning that everyone is NOT like us.

Anyway, I think it's good that God made all the different types. We all have our specialties.
    If we were all one type, we would inevitably be bad at some very necessary things.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by INTJMom View Post
    If we were all one type, we would inevitably be bad at some very necessary things.
    If everyone were an INTJ, there would just be robots doing those things.

MBTI
    Pfft

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    I would base the range of social dynamics upon the nature of the actors. If you shift the actors to one particular set of tendencies, the society that emerges from that group will be different than the original mix.
    Different only in terms of internal mechanics. In terms of external behavior? Not really.

Yet the definition of society is "an extended social group having a distinctive cultural and economic organization". The original question is if everyone became one type, what would the world be like - to which you say, no different. I could assert the same thing by saying "no different - physics wouldn't change."
    No. What I was saying was, "In a society comprised of INTPs, my life really wouldn't be any different."

I read the OP as, "If every human today were replaced by an INTP overnight, what would it be like?" playing around with your interpretation of what I wrote is more fun, though.

Yes, the world would be different. Yes group dynamics would be different, and yes, society as defined in English, would be different. The customs created by ISTPs vs ESFJs would be dramatically different, just as sticking a group of ISTPs in a room vs ESFJs in a room creates different group dynamics.
    As a point of difference, I have very little interest in the role custom in a society with regards to this discussion, any more than I'm interested whether or not the web browser I'm using was coded in an Object Oriented language or is a really long block of unmodularized code, as long as they ended up getting compiled the same.

I don't understand. You are saying that having one type would be vastly different (ie: unable to lead)
    No. I was speaking more of how roles are assigned in groups. To rephrase: in a homogenious type group, the few people who lead will not have huge problems in the mechanic of leadership because they can easily appeal to the shared preference traits of the group.

and yet expect the society to end up in a similar path?
    Will sciences advance? Will the societies end up evolving the same economic theories? Will entire societies be massacred by war, implode by mismanagement or badly applied theory? Will there be atom bombs and mass media? Yes.

Would the problems and triumphs on each of these sixteen parallel worlds occur in lockstep? No. But all of them would occur in similar sequence. And for this scenario to have any meaning at all, they would have to be successfully dealt with insofar as some sort of society actually survives. And, sure, the monotype harmonies and dissonances that exist would create new problems or allow some societies to skip things that would be problems for others. But as viewed from the outside, over time? The largest issues and crises will mostly mirror eachother.

Yes, at some point, someone will lead. Someone with a different cognitive makeup forced by social needs.
    I get a feeling that you would think I understate the differences in cognative makeup--I do not think that there is any skill unique to any type. Certain modes of operation might confer more pleasure than others, but in the end, the capabilities across types aren't different. I'm envisioning a world where ESFJs could groan about the curse of getting minimum wage as a physics savant, where bars are still populated by the socially handicapped.

His decisions and leadership style will differ. So will his followers. The traditions will differ.
    And, back to my original answer to this question--none of this would really impact the way I live my life. If I were dropped in ISTJ land or ENFP world, I would remain the same consumer, isolated from most institutions, taking for granted the infrastructure that delivers what I need to me.

Nothing would really change.

Yes. It probably would be different from what exists in the world. Isn't that the point?
    There's only one point?

MBTI
    ENfP
    Enneagram
    8w9 sx/sp

Horrible and disgusting and scary. There would be nothing. Nothing!! We'd all waste away..
    sparkly sparkly rainbow excretions

Quote Originally Posted by ThatGirl View Post
    holy shit am I a feeler?
    if you like my avatar, it's because i took it myself! : D

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

All I envision is lots of people sitting around chanting. Getting very little done but being very particular about just how that nothing is done. There are universally accepted and predictable meal times, conversation times, alone times, and no noise after dark... the globe is effectively one giant monastry.

Competitive sport has not been invented, but we do punish our bodies for the sake of spiritual purity.

A lot more wacky cults. A lot more religious wars which are still fought with swords and divinely invoked powers, as these seem more honorable. To eliminate the need for maps and people who can read them, no one travels anywhere... in the corporeal body. Air's nice and clean though.
    Sounds about right. The map part makes me really sad. I love maps and I can read them. Just not while I'm driving.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

RDF

One third of the population would be living in monasteries and doing the penitent sackcloth-and-ashes lifestyle, one third of the population would be in therapy, and one third of the population would be living on cruise ships with servers and stewards waiting on them hand and foot.