Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Roughly how i work:
    If i know i could be better and others know the same, then it does matter.
    If i know i could be better and others think i already am, then it does matter.
    If i know i am better and people who i am not close with don't know the same, then it doesn't matter.
    If i know i am better and people who i am close with don't know the same, then it does matter.

It's pretty dependent on how i view myself or how the people i am close with view me.
    Hang on traveling woman - Don't sacrifice your plan
    Cause it will come back to you - Before you lose it on the man

.:: DWTWD ::.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

2011 TypeC Exercise Challenge - My Weekly Goals: Cardio 4x. Yoga/Pilates 1x. Pushups 70.

There is this thing keeping everyone's lungs and lips locked - It is called fear and it's seeing a great renaissance

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunward View Post
    ... Yes?

06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

i think my good qualities to other people.. are very often overlooked.
    and my bad qualities to other people.. are often not even considered, or far too obvious.

i have my obvious qualities [warm, reserved, relaxed,'cute' and whatever] and people acknowledge them and like me for them. but anything at all beyond the surface [artistically inclined, irresponsible, affectionate, loving, strong willed] those traits are hardly recognized by anyone. its like i put them out there but noone picks up on them. i have so much more deeper traits that i convey, but theyre rarely acknowledged. it makes me sort of sad sometimes. i feel people dont take me seriously as im too easygoing.
    my etsy Morphochroma

I know you think I'm crazy,
    but most people they can't tell.

i usually know how people perceive me, or anything, actually.
    (if they give me any info at all, about how they perceive anything or anyone, i can usually calculate how they perceive me or anything else, and i do this automatically, effortlessly)

and while i often don't seem to give a crap, it tends to scare the shit out of me.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    i usually know how people perceive me, or anything, actually.
    (if they give me any info at all, about how they perceive anything or anyone, i can usually calculate how they perceive me or anything else, and i do this automatically, effortlessly)

and while i often don't seem to give a crap, it tends to scare the shit out of me.
    Mighty words, I agree ^^
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

my calculations tent to be too pessimistic, but they are almost never "wrong" in their nature. that is to say, i know how people will perceive me, before they have made the effort to perceive me. what distorts my calculations are those people, who never make the effort to perceive anything. i am rarely accurate in predicting how fast (uhm, slow) people perceive. i assume they are fast like me, until i know better. i could probably get away with being a con man, having con man written on my forehead, but i would never dare to try, if i wanted to.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

I'm very curious how others perceive me. I find it interesting how different perceptions of me are from what I really think. The expression I have almost constantly has been perceived as bored/depressed/annoyed/pissed off, all but the bored when I was lost in thought, the bored was when I was enjoying a conversation. This might be the reason I decided to let the constant laughing inside out just a little...

However, I don't feel the need to make others like me. I suppose while wanting information I won't necessarily act on it.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

Quote Originally Posted by nanook
    i am rarely accurate in predicting how fast (uhm, slow) people perceive. i assume they are fast like me, until i know better. i could probably get away with being a con man, having con man written on my forehead, but i would never dare to try, if i wanted to.
    hey, nanook, what if you are not a con man but others perceive you as con man anyway. think you could get away with that, too?

aaaaw. no. thats why I only come out at night. :eek:

lol

so, as far as i can see, there are two basic calculations going on:

1)

"i know myself and eventually people will know me. its a matter of time, and i control the process to some degree. i have these 10 internal attributes, but only 3 are significant to my identity, the others are rather random, conditioned or situational. i know people can see all 10 attributes and most of them can't see, which ones are significant for my sense of self. i calculate how many possible pictures you could have of me, if you would assume that 3 of my attributes are the most significant, but you would not know, which ones. i try to calculate which of those pictures you are likely to choose, based on what i know about you, or about the conditions under which you have observed me so far"

i believe, this correlates with what EnFpFer wrote.
    you want to be seen as your self. to correct perception you will make sure, to communicate which parts of you are the most important parts.

for example, emotional people who have not yet learned to think on a theoretical level, tent to perceive me as some kind of ENTJ on the internet. i try to correct this, 'like' with my signature. i learned to combine intuition with very straight thinking, exploring things in detail, only beginning at the age of 24 or so, when i discovered typology (i am 32). but i can not go back to a writing style that is purely ... "impressive. big picture or present moment related" ... like young people of my own type. because development is not just addition, it's transformation. (think rope butterfly)

2) the other calculation is this:

"i know what you are like and what you are looking out for. your worldview and your view of human nature. since you are an average person, at least 50% of your so called perception is actually made out of projections or expectations, guess work. you can see plenty of attributes in me, that are not there at all, only because there are superficial attributes (like clothing) that i may have in common with anyone you know, like people everyone knows from tv and the streets. i am somewhat aware of superficial messages that could be read into my outer appearance. again, i am mostly concerned with who you are, and what all sorts of things mean to you. for example: is filesharing a crime in your worldview? oh. i get it, so i am a criminal to you. and what else?"

i do both calculations, but i believe that i am much more often concerned with the second one. this may be because of my lifestyle though. i am usually dealing with strangers who will never get to know me, for what i truly am. luckily or because of experience i am also very good with the second type of calculation. luckily for my anxiety disorder *g*

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    ILE

Naah. Not really, well unless if there's no benefits from it. I don't care if people think that I'm crazy, dumb or arrogant, until they don't reject me asking to help me (help to bring my not-so-humble ideas to life ) whenever I need.

Actually, I don't find it hard to make most of people liking me (there are always exceptions of course) for a while, my actions and ''views'' just have to fit in their value system. The other thing is that I just don't feel any need for it, well maybe for fun, but usually I can find some other ways to get what I want. Well if there's no other way how to get what I need, I may use this pretty mean but at the same time useful ability to make myself or my views look attractive to one or another person, but as I already told, I don't like to do this. Unfortunately, my parents have already noticed that and after a few days of me acting properly and nicely, they usually ask- what's wrong with you, what do you want?
    Oh yeah?

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nanook View Post
    hey, nanook, what if you are not a con man but others perceive you as con man anyway. think you could get away with that, too?

aaaaw. no. thats why I only come out at night. :eek:

lol

so, as far as i can see, there are two basic calculations going on:

1)

"i know myself and eventually people will know me. its a matter of time, and i control the process to some degree. i have these 10 internal attributes, but only 3 are significant to my identity, the others are rather random, conditioned or situational. i know people can see all 10 attributes and most of them can't see which ones are significant ot my sense of self. i calculate how many possible pictures you could have of me, if you would assume that 3 of my attributes are the most significant, but you would not know, which ones. i try to calculate which of those pictures you are likely to choose, based on what i know about you, or about the conditions under which you have observed me so far"

this correlates with what enfpere wrote: you want to be seen as your self. to correct perception you will make sure to communicate which parts of you are the most important parts.

for example, emotional people who have not yet learned to think on a theoretical level, tent to perceive me as some kind of ENTJ on the internet. i try to correct this, 'like' with my signature. i learned to combine intuition with very straight thinking, exploring things in detail, only beginning at the age of 24 or so, when i discovered typology (i am 32). but i can not go back to a writing style that is purely ... "impressive. big picture or present moment related" ... like young people of my own type. because development is not just addition, it's transformation. (think rope butterfly)

2) the other calculation is this:

"i know what you are like and what you are looking out for. your worldview and your view of human nature. since you are an average person, at least 50% of your so called perception is actually made out of projections or expectations, guess work. you can see plenty of attributes in me, that are not there at all, only because there are superficial attributes (like clothing) that i may have in common with anyone you know, like people everyone knows from tv and the streets. i am somewhat aware of superficial messages that could be read into my outer appearance. again, i am mostly concerned with who you are, and what this means to you. for example: is filesharing a crime in your worldview? oh. i get it, so i am a criminal to you. and what else?"

i do both calculations, but i believe that i am much more often concerned with the second one. this may be because of my lifestyle though. i am usually dealing with strangers who will never get to know me, for what i truely am. luckily or because of experience i am also verry good with the second type of calculation.
    If you're a con man, I am the pope

(which should approve many of the things you said in a dumb metaphorical "I suck at speaking" way)
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]