User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    For me, I guess I just want to be sure that I'm projecting who I know myself to be out into the world.
    This.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Yes!!

I don't care much how others perceive me I do care how they perceive or receive whatever it is I am trying to do. Make sense? I am curious though...

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    they don't have to have the same perception of me that i have of myself. in fact, it is much more exciting when they don't! when they have these unique perceptions of me that i have never thought of, it is very interesting to me, it gets my blood pumping. because it seems like often those perceptions are more insightful than i can be about myself.
    Yeah, good point. I can't see myself so find others perceptions of me interesting and illuminating.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Kingfisher View Post
    they don't have to have the same perception of me that i have of myself. in fact, it is much more exciting when they don't! when they have these unique perceptions of me that i have never thought of, it is very interesting to me, it gets my blood pumping. because it seems like often those perceptions are more insightful than i can be about myself.
    This is exactly how I see it. It is quite a thrill to get other perspectives about myself (relief Ni?).

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Do you have people in your life that are close enough (or are of the type) where it would come up? I have several who would, but they have to be pretty inner circle before they would volunteer the information, especially if it were negative. Years after I've gotten to know someone though, it's been interesting to hear them recount what their first impression of me was...
    The only people that do this with me are my ENFP friend that I've known since I was 7 and my INFJ best friend. It's especially with my INFJ best friend though, since he knows me the best out of every human being walking this earth I'd say. He always gives me a unique perspective on things about me. He has observed me and figured out my tendencies that even I wasn't aware of, and he tells me.

For example, we were in the mall looking at clothes. He likes to get skater style clothing, T shirts with random logos on them that are colorful etc. I said "I would feel weird wearing this, I dunno." And he said "yeah, I've noticed that about how you dress, you don't like to draw attention to yourself. You seem to think that you don't need to dress a certain way to get people's attention, and that they will like you for other reasons."

That sorta freaked me out. But that's one of the reasons why I love being around him.

Then that lead to a discussion about how clothes actually effect people, and as a result when I get money, I'm going to start dressing with more flare and use some cologne. Just to look a bit more approachable and noticeable, since I want to meet new people.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Yeah, I like friends that can do that for you. I have an INFP friend who functions in that role for me and she usually is pretty accurate.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I like to know how people perceive me, whether or not I end up giving weight to their opinion. I don't see this as any insecurity or weakness, but simply a tool for getting perspective on my external self.

When I notice a trend in impressions, it lets me see if I am presenting myself the way I feel internally. Being an introvert, it's easy for me to seem very different externally than I feel internally, and I have a need to be authentic, so I seek to close the gap between the two worlds.

I never realized that I came of as snobby or aloof until several friends told me that was their first impression of me. That disturbed me, because I am not snobby in the slightest, and I am open to new people, but I am shy and very quiet. I've adjusted my behavior a bit through body language and smiling more, and so I get that feedback less, but it's easy for me to still come off that way if I don't stay aware of it.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

^I agree.
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I'd be curious to see what people think right about now.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I've found that very useful too and it has helped me to realize that my tendancy to hang back till I'm sure the other party wants me around has prevented me from getting to know a lot of people. It also has had a detrimental effect socially. I have been shocked to realize how warmly people respond when you make the first overture. And often when they don't, it has more to do with what's going on internally than their dislike of you. Ever noticed here that there are very few people who would resent you friending them? In fact, I've found I feel much more warmly towards someone, just knowing that they like me and made an overture towards me in the first place, whether through rep or friending or visitor messages.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

What they think about you Disco?