User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    I have varying percentages of 'Give A Crap'.

Joe Blow on the street? Don't 'Give A Crap'.
    People online who I have let know some personal information, and who I enjoy conversing with, 50% 'Give A Crap'.
    Bi11y b0b HaxZor, and other internet irritations, Don't 'Give A Crap'.
    People I have to work with, 60% 'Give A Crap'. Since I would like to continue to have a job. To a point.

Family, RL friends, certain people online I consider friends, although we may have never met. 100% 'Give A Crap'.

...I know what you're thinking. Don't sass me.

it makes sense. I guess I operate on a similar basis. I would like to say I don't care what people think of me but I'd be lying. Probably all the perceived rejection in middle school and what not. Although I've recognized that is in the past, it follows me and I remember what people are capable of.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

I do wonder, of course. Not that it matters so much if it's good or bad but..what is it?
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.

MBTI
    xxxx

I wonder how others perceive me. I also wonder how to swim in a pool of Jell-o.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I guess though more than just knowing whether or not you'd care one way or the other, I want to know why it matters or it doesn't. And in the cases where it's only certain people's opinions in your life that matter, is it out of the fallout for you, or out of worry about what they think of you, or something entirely different?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    So SP boys, does it matter if the perceptions of your loved ones square up with what you think of yourself, or is it more if they have negative feelings towards you that need to be dealt with?
    they don't have to have the same perception of me that i have of myself. in fact, it is much more exciting when they don't! when they have these unique perceptions of me that i have never thought of, it is very interesting to me, it gets my blood pumping. because it seems like often those perceptions are more insightful than i can be about myself.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    SLI

I wonder about this constantly. I truly have no idea how others percieve me, or if that perception matches up with my sense of self. For example, I value other people's feelings and I can understand their motivations and reactions. But I never find many opportunities to express this, and I worry that others see me as completely callous and uncaring, which is simply not true but could conceivably be deduced from my outward behaviour.

Another facet to this problem is the fact that I never get any positive or negative feedback. I often can't tell which parts of my personality other people enjoy, and which parts cause offence. Without anyone to tell me these things, I can't work towards developing my strengths or dealing with my weaknesses.
    Let us not rail about justice as long as we have arms and the freedom to use them.
    - Duke Leto Atreides

Johari/Nohari
    Because random people I meet on the internet are the best judges of my personality.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Do you have people in your life that are close enough (or are of the type) where it would come up? I have several who would, but they have to be pretty inner circle before they would volunteer the information, especially if it were negative. Years after I've gotten to know someone though, it's been interesting to hear them recount what their first impression of me was...

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    SLI

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Do you have people in your life that are close enough (or are of the type) where it would come up? I have several who would, but they have to be pretty inner circle before they would volunteer the information, especially if it were negative. Years after I've gotten to know someone though, it's been interesting to hear them recount what their first impression of me was...
    The type of friends I tend to make don't really seem to care much about that sort of thing, or are similar to me and hide it away for fear of it being deemed inappropriate. And yes, it is interesting to find out what others think of me... an INFP friend of mine (although the type isn't really relevant anyway) said that she found me intimidating. Intimidating? Me?

She was right though, I can be intimidating sometimes, but it's usually not intentional and I'm rarely aware of it.
    Let us not rail about justice as long as we have arms and the freedom to use them.
    - Duke Leto Atreides

Johari/Nohari
    Because random people I meet on the internet are the best judges of my personality.

MBTI
    ENTP

I always wonder how other people perceive me, but mostly because I'm just curious. I generally wouldn't change myself based on the results of knowing, unless I legitimately think that I'm acting in a way that warrants disapproval.

Basically, I just like to know what my actions cause people to think and why.

Unfortunately, I don't really know how exactly anyone who I give a crap about perceives me, aside from the obvious surface expressions. It seems to be a pretty taboo topic.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I wonder all the time. I love that Big 5 program on Facebook that lets you take the test, and then ask your friends to take it anonymously with you in mind, ultimately comparing what you think of yourself against what your friends think of you.

For me, I guess I just want to be sure that I'm projecting who I know myself to be out into the world. I want people I really care about to know me for who I am. If who I think I am doesn't add up to who those who know me best think I am, then I start to evaluate my actions and make changes, if that's what I desire.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.