`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    That simply isn't true.
    Elaborate, please.

Marooned on an island, I would go crazy within a week, whereas if an introvert were marooned on an island it may take them at least a month to go crazy, methinks.

Not sure if that example adequately illustrates my point.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ

It's not logical to draw a parallel between being able to do something and preferring to do it. I might run faster than you or work harder but I like doing neither.

I could count the number of hours a day that I'm alone on one hand, if the number is even greater than zero. Even so, I wouldn't prefer otherwise.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    We extroverts *need* company, and fulfilling company at that, and, when deprived of an adequate social companion/community we are left to quietly rot in our very own personal hells.
    Tell me SillySapienne, do you think extroversion is a cover for an inner personal hell?

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

My extroversion mixed with my 4 and Fi-ness makes me a melancholic, ronery person.

At least introverts are used to, and prefer to be alone.

We extroverts *need* company, and fulfilling company at that, and, when deprived of an adequate social companion/community we are left to quietly rot in our very own personal hells.
    You must be a very strong extrovert. There are times when I'd prefer company that is fulfilling, but there are equal amounts of time that I'd prefer to be alone in my own thoughts. What I don't like is feeling like I have no choice in the matter.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    You must be a very strong extrovert. There are times when I'd prefer company that is fulfilling, but there are equal amounts of time that I'd prefer to be alone in my own thoughts. What I don't like is feeling like I have no choice in the matter.
    Naw, I absolutely need my alone time, and everyone one who knows me well calls me a hermit/recluse.

But, ideally, I would have at least one person whom I could deeply connect with, and confide in on a regular basis.

I need and appreciate my solitude and personal space.

But, to be in the company of lovely people, well... nothing gets better than that.

`

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Naw, I absolutely need my alone time, and everyone one who knows me well calls me a hermit/recluse.

But, ideally, I would have at least one person whom I could deeply connect with, and confide in on a regular basis.

I need and appreciate my solitude and personal space.

But, to be in the company of lovely people, well... nothing gets better than that.

Well in that case, we're very much alike. I need alone time, and I'd prefer being alone to being with just any ol bunch of people. But most of the time, I'd prefer being in an intimate setting with good company, or just in good company at all, to being alone.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Well in that case, we're very much alike. I need alone time, and I'd prefer being alone to being with just any ol bunch of people. But most of the time, I'd prefer being in an intimate setting with good company, or just in good company at all, to being alone.
    Totally!!!

`

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I hate introvert time when I'm stressed over important things (this does not include schoolwork bullshit, I'm talking relationship/etc.) When I have anxiety relating to those things on my mind, I feel like I need to extrovert every second I can. To get away from it.

When I'm alone with myself with these stressors I go over and over in my head what means what, and get really depressed. Problem is, extroverting is hard for me outside of my immediate contacts so when they are unavailable I have no choice but to stay with myself. I'm only realizing this lately.

edit: forgive all the edits

MBTI
    STP

My extroversion mixed with my 4 and Fi-ness makes me a melancholic, ronery person.

At least introverts are used to, and prefer to be alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    That simply isn't true.
    Would you relate to - All introverts are used to being alone, but prefer company?
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram

Have you ever met a lonely extrovert? I'm not sure I've ever seen anything sadder.
    I think I think more than you think I think.