User Tag List

12 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default The joy of being unreachable and not connected

Ahh, I get such a huge boost to my work efficiency when I turn my phone off, forget my email, don't read the newspaper (online or not).

I had forgotten my own stuff can be more fun than something I've read others do. I recommend it wholeheartedly for a while!

My fiance was sad for me not answering her calls, even though I checked the phone at least once twice that day. That was unintentional. So I'm setting my phone groups to people who's calls get through even if others won't.

And I once checked my email 15 times a day.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Phantonym

I know what you mean. It's such a relief and I'd recommend it to people too. But I usually get "the itch" after three days.

Yeah... I've said for years that people seem to forget that the idea of telecommunications is so that you can be contacted when necessary. Not so that people can get up in your face any time they please to.

That whole mentalilty that you HAVE to answer your phone when it rings and you HAVE to answer texts and e-mails ASAP drives me insane. It's like the equivalent of saying you have the right to walk into someone's house or just walk up to them any time you like and just start talking, and they're obliged to drop everything and listen to you.

I mentioned etiquette class before (i.e. that I went to one); I was taught there that a Gentleman doesn't feel obliged to respond to unsolicited, non-urgent contact, nor does he hold others obliged to do so.
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I lost my phone last weekend, and didn't even bother looking for it beyond 10 minutes or so. I knew it'd turn up one way or another (which it did), and I welcomed the break from it.

I love being unreachable at times, and I often feel as though my cell phone is nothing more than a technological tether.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I am so disconnected, I cant even communicate prroberedsf dsfds dfsdf dsdfds fgfdyhgf gfhgfhgfh gh gfh
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

The Duchess of Oddity Queen Kat's Avatar
    MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

I'm always unreachable. My phone is always turned off. Got to keep the mystery.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

SCUAI - 7w8 sx/sp - Chaotic Evil - Fucking Cute - ALIVE

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Kra View Post
    I often feel as though my cell phone is nothing more than a technological tether.
    But it only is if you let it be. It's supposed to serve you, not the other way round.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kar View Post
    I'm always unreachable. My phone is always turned off. Got to keep the mystery.
    Then what's the point of having one at all?

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    Then what's the point of having one at all?
    For emergencies and picture taking.
    I was sitting outside the classroom waiting to go in, and I saw an airplane hit the tower. The TV was obviously on. I used to fly myself and I said, "There's one terrible pilot."
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here
    If you don't agree about my MBTI type, you can complain about it here. I've had plenty of people telling me I'm something else, in my reputation box. That's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kar View Post
    For emergencies and picture taking.
    How's it any good for emergencies though, if it's always turned off? Why not just carry a small digital camera and use public phones if you have an emergency? After all, it wouldn't make any difference that people can't call *you* on a payphone, since they couldn't get through anyway on your switched off cellphone, if they were calling you with some emergency.

MBTI
    E.T.
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    How's it any good for emergencies though, if it's always turned off? Why not just carry a small digital camera and use public phones if you have an emergency? After all, it wouldn't make any difference that people can't call *you* on a payphone, since they couldn't get through anyway on your switched off cellphone, if they were calling you with some emergency.
    Sometimes I do turn it on. Here in the Netherlands we don't have public phones anymore. Everyone is supposed to have a cellphone nowadays. Sometimes I do turn it on, when I expect that someone might need to call me, but that's not very often.
    - George W. Bush -

Blog. Read it, bitches.
    Questions? Click here