User Tag List

First 12

Quote Originally Posted by Saint Kar View Post
    Sometimes I do turn it on. Here in the Netherlands we don't have public phones anymore. Everyone is supposed to have a cellphone nowadays. Sometimes I do turn it on, when I expect that someone might need to call me, but that's not very often.
    Fair enough

Actually, I find cellphones are somewhat liberating in this regard, because they make it much easier to screen thanks to text messages.

If somebody actually calls me, I've no way of knowing whether it's important or not until I've already picked it up. But if somebody e-mails or texts, you can read it and decide there and then, without the pressure of the other person's "presence", whether you want to attend to it now or later.

I do know a guy who refuses to use cellphones, so any time he has anything to say, however trivial, he calls me on my landline and then tries to detain me for long periods once he has me on the phone. I find this very irritating, and most of the time I just fob him off, because I'm too busy (even sometimes "busy doing nothing") to sit there talking with him. But if he just texted me his "amusing thoughts", I'd appreciate them more and reply with a text of my own, whilst still being able to get on with other things.
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

MBTI
    ESFJ

I am actually debating if i should get an answer machine just so i don't have to answer the damn phone anymore .. I think my message at the moment would sound a little like 'Hi this is Sarah, I don't want to answer the phone as for once i would like to watch a DVD in bed in it's entirety or even have a bath in peace and quiet .. Piss off, leave me a message if i haven't offended you and at some point, I'll call you back' .. Hmmm, how long would i be able to leave that message on the machine before i worry about offending someone/anyone. *sigh* Bloody phones.

I could always turn off the ringer .. Lol
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

I absolutely hate answering machines. People go on and on with their things, and they reach a point in what 30 seconds? No thanks. I disabled the service from my phone.

IRL I'm calm and not an ADHD case, but I want things fast fast fast, and answering machine doesn't cut it. Texts are sometimes irritating, too. I'm a heavy consumer of those. Yet, I hate to spend 15 seconds waiting for a long text on my phone. I'd rather spend 2.

Come on, I grew up playing video games If you get my point.

Now some good communication? I can spend hours on it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

One of the reasons why I do not own a cellphone. The fact that someone can always reach me terrifies me.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    INTJ

An ISTP friend doesn't have a mobile - it amuses me to see how horrified people are about this. An ESFP very nearly went and bought him one on the spot he was in such shock!
    I think they're a very useful tool to have. I remember travelling on public transport before they were common, and it was a real nightmare if the bus broke down in the middle of nowhere or simply didn't turn up and I was stranded.

One thing I don't understand is why some people complain that they're forever being contacted, or hate being called when they're asleep... There is an 'off' button, make use of it!!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    An ISTP friend doesn't have a mobile - it amuses me to see how horrified people are about this. An ESFP very nearly went and bought him one on the spot he was in such shock!
    I think they're a very useful tool to have. I remember travelling on public transport before they were common, and it was a real nightmare if the bus broke down in the middle of nowhere or simply didn't turn up and I was stranded.

One thing I don't understand is why some people complain that they're forever being contacted, or hate being called when they're asleep... There is an 'off' button, make use of it!!
    I don't have one, and really don't care if I do or not, but they are useful so could I meet this ESFP?
    "In order for the light to shine so brightly, the darkness must be present." -Francis Bacon

"No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible." -George Chakiris

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by PoprocksAndCoke View Post
    I don't have one, and really don't care if I do or not, but they are useful so could I meet this ESFP?

Sure, I'll schedule in an appointment (it's what ISTJs do best..., apparently)