MBTI
    ENTJ

Is that a fancy new word for shitdisturber? =D

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    But I'm a contrarian...

I am a bully and now give me your lunch !
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Katsuni View Post
    Alright so one of the classes at college I have to do an oral presentation on attitude. The specifics beyond that were pretty much open ended.

Since I absolutely abhor oral presentations, I decided to go with something I can really get into and provide real conviction to, as well as corrupting the purpose of the presentation.

So I'm doing my report on: why having a bad attitude is a good thing!

Now I know there's some pretty obvious reasons... yeu flat out get things handed to yeu when yeu're a total asshat, get rules bent for yeu, and so on.

How many people get their own way in a store by being a jerk? Butt in line and get to keep it? That annoying as hell boss of yeurs who gets paid 10X as much as yeu do but has an attitude that drips acid?

These're pretty obvious ones, but I'm curious if anyone has any really good ones they've seen recently for examples. I need to fill a good 2-3 minutes worth of babbling here, and want to cite as many examples as humanly possible to piss people off XD

Why do you write 'you' as 'yeu' ? I'm curious.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

I've noticed that in this thread there is a difference between those who can objectively observe what the external results of "negative" (a subjective appraisal) behaviors can be, and those who want to believe in a just world and must look away from the fact that bad people often get their way, to a certain extent. Whether you think it's right/wrong, good/bad doesn't much matter, save for when multiples of people like you actually come together to change how you react to the behavior and take back the power position. Until you understand that, you wont understand much about how power plays out in social interactions AT ALL. Until one understands the mentality of such people who obtain power/control through antisocial behavior, you will fail to understand the full breadth of the dynamic.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    I've noticed that in this thread there is a difference between those who can objectively observe what the external results of "negative" (a subjective appraisal) behaviors can be, and those who want to believe in a just world and must look away from the fact that bad people often get their way, to a certain extent. Whether you think it's right/wrong, good/bad doesn't much matter, save for when multiples of people like you actually come together to change how you react to the behavior and take back the power position. Until you understand that, you wont understand much about how power plays out in social interactions AT ALL. Until one understands the mentality of such people who obtain power/control through antisocial behavior, you will fail to understand the full breadth of the dynamic.
    Haha. It's clear this charge is directed towards me, Risen. Why not just quote me?

To your specific claim, I offered my personal philosophy, sans any external comment on the utility of the behavior itself.

Don't make assumptions on comprehension.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    9w8

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Haha. It's clear this charge is directed towards me, Risen. Why not just quote me?

To your specific claim, I offered my personal philosophy, sans any external comment on the utility of the behavior itself.

Don't make assumptions on comprehension.
    You'd like to think I was talking directly to you, wouldn't you -_-. In fact I was making a generalization touching upon several things I've seen in this thread that pop up in life as a whole and are expressed by a great number of people. Your comments weren't the only words pertinent to my point, nor the sole basis of it.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

You are/were.

Let's pretend that you weren't.

How do you personally know the level of apprehension present in others, concerning power dynamics in social situations within the provided context of the thread?

You're overstating an underdeveloped assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Risen View Post
    Whether you think it's right/wrong, good/bad doesn't much matter, save for when multiples of people like you actually come together to change how you react to the behavior and take back the power position. Until you understand that, you wont understand much about how power plays out in social interactions AT ALL.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Being a jerk can work wonders in the short term.

For example, lots of managers at customer service jobs tell their employees to just placate people if they make a scene. Losing a few dollars on a food item or whatever is better than losing a bunch of customers that are uncomfortable around a scene-maker.

It can also potentially work in the long term -- if you set up a relationship where the other person is scared of offending you, you're more likely to get your way.

The only problem with being a jerk arises when people have nothing invested in giving you anything. Then you just shut yourself out of social circles.

My advice -- be nice enough to get people to invest in a relationship with you, then be a jerk. And be a jerk to every store clerk.

Ha.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Evan View Post
    My advice -- be nice enough to get people to invest in a relationship with you, then be a jerk. And be a jerk to every store clerk.

No, no. Be a jerk so that only the worthy invest in a relationship with you, then be nice.