First 1234 Last

Widdles in your cream.
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    Yes, I saw the title of this thread and was about to nominate myself for The British Empire, but that may not be the point.

I realise that the British Empire committed a great many atrocities and injustices (like any other empire, I guess) but I just like to think of portly, moustachioed gentleman sailing around the world drinking tea and going "What ho! I say, old chap, what a spiffing day!"
    You forgot to mention the sunburnt noses.

I think my soul would be slowly crushed in the Caldari state, despite it being considered the "Rational" equivalent. I'm too damn lazy to compete.

Hmm. The Gallente Federation would probably crush my soul too, with all it's care bear parades. Minmatar it is?
    Um, yeah.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

House Harkonnen. *whistles*
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I don't want to let myself be prejudiced, so I'm posting this answer and reading the others afterwards. To find out more information, I searched youtube and found this:

[YOUTUBE="5OlxKejNPtI"]Start of Eve and Four Races of Eve[/YOUTUBE]

Here's my perspective:

Amarr: Interesting structure and moral code, too limited and restricted for my taste; irrational in their theocracy and simultaneous crusades/conquering. Okay, so they've managed to conquer several people; that's cool, but their focus will be too narrow to keep it in the long run.

Minmatar: Completely uninteresting; I have nothing to do with people governed purely by their instincts and base natures. On the other hand, I do not believe they should have been enslaved. What do I want with them though??? Good party folks, shitty people in a fight. No thanks.

Caldari: Fascinating idea; I would probably enjoy it for a while - the idea of a meritocracy has been one I have been proposing for years. Problem: It goes too far and leads to war. If it could be harnessed and controlled, it would be a good idea. We want to win, right?!?! So let's DO THIS!!!!!

Gallente: Too liberal for my taste. Welcoming everyone in? NO THANKS! Multiculturalism is not a bad idea, but it goes too far and sounds like a willy nilly blah blah blah society that would get its ASS kicked in a fight. Hell no.

EDIT: Oh ferk, guess that means I'm rationalist in a fight. Muhahaha!
    Last edited by Little Linguist; 11-09-2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Just read the other responses
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

I guess Gallente Federation it is.

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    YES!! The British are actually particularly glorious in defeat. Well, they used to be anyway.
    And still are, its just that they moved to Oz.

For our environment of flood, fire and drought mock our pretensions and teach us defeat.

Our National Day, ANZAC Day, commemorates a defeat at Gallipoli.

Our National Hero, Ned Kelly, went down in defeat.

And we love losers.

We live in the Antipodes and we are the perfect antipode to our cousins who live at the pode on the other side of the Earth and who celebrate victories, whose heros are winners, and who hate losers.

We live at two cultural poles or podes with only the Earth between us.

And fortunately distance makes the heart grow fonder.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

That intro is cool too

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNyfI4dv1dg"].[/YOUTUBE]
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I would choose to be China
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I picture China to be like the Caldari Corporation. Nothing you really want to be in
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

If I just wanted to play and enjoy myself it would be The Gallente. If my goal was strictly winning, my strategic choice would be Caldari (although they morally to run contrary to my values)
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Meritocracy ftw!

Caldari > Gallente > Minmatar > Amarr