User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Perhaps you should inform the rude people that you find them rude, that way everything will be worked out Talking about the rude people in another thread is also..kind of rude.
    <3

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Litvyak View Post
    There is a huge difference between being online and talking to someone real life; the topics you discuss, the way you discuss them, the way you handle opposition, the mental state you're in while engaging in a conversation, the virtual society's impact on your style etc.

The comparison alone would take books to fully expound, and the lack of such sources is very surprising to me.
    Totally agree.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I think sometimes people come on-line when they're tired, too, because being on the Internet is a wind-down thing, too. People are less "polite" when they are tired.
    This is a good point. Or not even necessarily tired, but they're escaping their RL problems, feeling frustrated from something...
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

Banned
    MBTI
    INTx

I don't know why people are so rude. Maybe ask the guy who started the hope you all die thread in the SP arthouse. I won't even open it. Jerk.

awww
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i just naturally ignore attitudes i don't like but i also have a bit of a dark sense of humor and can think playful prickishness is funny....so i think it depends on intent.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Soar337 View Post
    Perhaps you should inform the rude people that you find them rude, that way everything will be worked out Talking about the rude people in another thread is also..kind of rude.
    That only works if there are one or two people to which it applies. When talking about a big picture problem, you are addressing something impersonally that applies to more people than you will ever encounter. Also, calling someone on rudeness basically always escalates the problem. If someone is in a communication mode to try to humiliate, threaten, or just annoy, they already know it. Telling them they are doing it and asking them to stop is an invitation to take it to the next level. It helps to understand it, although there isn't anything that can be done to change it. The only thing that can change is one's own reaction to it after better understanding it.

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    This is a good point. Or not even necessarily tired, but they're escaping their RL problems, feeling frustrated from something...
    Very true. There are also a lot of people who just communicate in a fighting mode all the time. There are families and relationships where fighting is the baseline mode of communication. People with that background probably don't realize that there are different communication styles.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    i just naturally ignore attitudes i don't like but i also have a bit of a dark sense of humor and can think playful prickishness is funny....so i think it depends on intent.
    Yeah, me too...I love black comedies. I think that the novel Wuthering Heights is hilarious, so my sense of humor can be dark and so I make comments that I think are funny, and laugh at (or with) people who have a similar sense of humor. Of course it can be taken too far, but I think humor is a big part of it.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by MaybeLogic View Post
    Oh....emotional poetry.
    It is rational to look at the emotions of most social issues. I understand rationalizing people's behavior comes easier to someone skilled in logical thinking, but that in itself is an irrational behavior. It is my advice on this issue, not poetry.

We have developed a cortex, evolved beyond our instincts--however, that part of the brain still exists and manifests itself through the rational cortex. It is only in instincts that we can find real consistency in human behavior, that is the center of us and should be the central focus when attempting to understand human behavior.

This reminds me of something I call "cortex retardation" (as oxymoronic as that might sound) I am not entirely sure, but my guess is that it is caused by a combination of the realization that one can understand and alter their external environment better with logical thinking, so they develop an imbalanced preference for a strictly logical perspective to counter-balance feelings of inadequate level of control whenever they arise. Because their consciousness is being forcibly disconnected from their instincts yet it is still under their effect, they ultimately lose the strength and fortitude they sought through rationalization because the instincts themselves are not developed in the conscious mind, and are notably less capable in understanding the myriad of circumstances which involve humans, whether themselves or others.

Quote Originally Posted by Circle View Post
    It is rational to look at the emotions of most social issues. I understand rationalizing people's behavior comes easier to someone skilled in logical thinking, but that in itself is an irrational behavior. It is my advice on this issue, not poetry.

We have developed a cortex, evolved beyond our instincts--however, that part of the brain still exists and manifests itself through the rational cortex. It is only in instincts that we can find real consistency in human behavior, that is the center of us and should be the central focus when attempting to understand human behavior.

Of course, this response to my approach is nothing new to me. It's what I like to call "cortex retardation" (as oxymoronic as that might sound) I am not entirely sure, but my guess is that it is caused by the realization that one can understand and alter their external environment with logical thinking, so they develop an imbalanced preference for logical understanding to counteract feelings resulting from an inability to control what cannot be controlled by them. Because they force a conscious disconnection from their instincts, they ultimately lose the strength and fortitude they sought through rationalization because they remain under the effect of [underdeveloped] instincts, and are notably less capable in understanding the myriad of circumstances which involve humans, whether themselves or others.
    It cannot be your advice and poetry?
    “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I’m here to tell you that fast is better. I’ve always believed this, in spite of the trouble it’s caused me. Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles, Bubba…”