User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

It's not so much rude posts, it's rude attitudes.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

You can't actually gain anything from being rude on the internet. I just ignore them (be rude back, then ignore)
    <3

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    It's not so much rude posts, it's rude attitudes.

Considering that this is an internet forum in which we communicate through posts, how else would these attitudes be conveyed? Are you talking about the voice chat?
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    Considering that this is an internet forum in which we communicate through posts, how else would these attitudes be conveyed? Are you talking about the voice chat?
    Yeah..if you find a post rude, based on words then you're probably in an irritable mind set yourself, unless the post is very blunt, and obviously insulting.
    <3

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

I haven't noticed anything openly rude. Only tongue in cheek or playful posts, but then I don't read everything on here.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahNounBlah View Post
    People aren't defined by one post, it's their general attitude that tells what they are like. People can have an off post here or there, get up in someone's face sometimes if they are ticked off. That's not the same as someone gloating in being rude all the time.

This is something that is subjective, but some people seem to be constantly on the offense, not for any reason other than being on the offense. Some people appear to enjoy upsetting people or picking apart posts that were poorly worded.

Is that any clearer?

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I completely understand this. I've been the butt of rudeness. I can handle tounge in cheek stuff, I can handle jokes, and I can handle people not agree with me, but it ticks me off when people are in your face rude. I'm here to learn more about myself and others and I'm here to have a bit of fun. I'm not interested in your "baby mama drama". point blank.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    SEXY

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Why do people find it acceptable, and even exciting when they or someone else is rude to people?

It is really interesting to see it being accepted and encouraged. Do people feel "free" to act like jerks to other people because they are "behind a monitor" or "far away." Is it normally people who don't actually have the guts to stand up to other people in real life pretending to have the guts to stand up to people online?

I realize there is trolling and I've seen that before. But it appears that some people are actually glorifying rudeness.

I'm guessing a lot of it has to do with feeling like you don't fit in in real life. An ENFP who get to a forum like this can end up flirting an insane amount, because they have the ability and they are "allowed" because of the ENFP "understanding" here. I've noticed some types aren't expected to be able to reason, and some people play that up and don't make coherent points. Is that the same with types that can lean toward rude - they have to play nice so often in real life that they want an outlet for it here?

I guess the rude people surprise me less than the people who enjoy watching them being rude and encourage it. Is it just "lookit that person has balls OMG!!11"

Thoughts?
    Online I realize that my behaviour has less consequences. If I'm rude, nobody can punish me, but also, if I'm nice nobody is going to cuddle me. In real life I'm kind of an observer. I tend to look, not rant. On the internet. I tend to vent, not care.

EDIT:

I never mean it personally though, and even on the internet, I at least try to be nice to people. Hurtful comments are always meant venting, not insulting.
    (removed)

MBTI
    INTP

I think a lot of it is just reflecting the snide and shallow behavior commonly seen on television and in movies, with the safety of anonymity. Other times people are just sociopathic.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Some people mistakenly think that being rude and mean makes them seem smart, clever and/or funny. :cough:NTs:cough:
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe