User Tag List

View Poll Results: Who are generally more successful? (theoretically and according to experience)

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Theoretically ESTPs should be more successful.

3 20.00%
  • Theoretically ENTJs should be more successful.

10 66.67%
  • According to (your) obserations (experiences) ESTPs are in general more successful.

5 33.33%
  • According to (your) obserations (experiences) ENTJs are in general more successful.

9 60.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Well, if you want to get stereotypical (Yes, I'm deliberately stereotyping inaccurately according to how people tend to see the types and not how the types actually are, including a disclaimer that I'm stereotyping, and I know that not all ESTPs and ENTJs fit this mold, so lay off already), ESTPs would be more successful in terms of having fun and becoming more skilled at their job, while ENTJs would be more successful in terms of finding the best ways to produce results and profit from them consistently.

Abstracting from the abstraction, The ENTJ would be richer and have a better professional reputation, but the ESTP would likely be happier, more skilled at a specific profession, and more popular. The ESTP would enjoy their own life, but the ENTJ would be more likely to be able to leave their children a large inheritence and legacy.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Well, if you want to get stereotypical (Yes, I'm deliberately stereotyping inaccurately according to how people tend to see the types and not how the types actually are, including a disclaimer that I'm stereotyping, and I know that not all ESTPs and ENTJs fit this mold, so lay off already), ESTPs would be more successful in terms of having fun and becoming more skilled at their job, while ENTJs would be more successful in terms of finding the best ways to produce results and profit from them consistently.

Abstracting from the abstraction, The ENTJ would be richer and have a better professional reputation, but the ESTP would likely be happier, more skilled at a specific profession, and more popular. The ESTP would enjoy their own life, but the ENTJ would be more likely to be able to leave their children a large inheritence and legacy.
    Thank you Athenian... just what i wanted to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    Thank you Athenian... just what i wanted to hear.

Indeed, let's hear more stereotypes.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Indeed, let's hear more stereotypes.
    hmmmm....

MBTI won't be MBTI if there ain't a bit of stereotyping. What is the fun in it if not for a bit of stereotyping?

Depends what you call successful.

I know three ESTP's who've started their own businesses (video game development, owning a chain of gyms, logistics), and they've done extremely well for themselves. And I know another one who's made a killing as a salesman for a big corporation. They make a lot of money and spend it on big houses, flashy cars, huge TV's, designer clothes and generally flaunt it as much as possible.

I know two ENTJ's. One runs an agency for foreign language interpreters and the other is a barrister. They make about the same amount of money as the ESTP's, but their style is much less flaunt-y and more understated.

Depending who you talk to, either the ESTP's are more successful because their wealth and achievement is more obvious (flaunted), or the ENTJ's are more successful because their jobs are seen as more "classy". Personally I'd say if they're content with their own respective achievements, and with their lives in general, they're successful.
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    Depending who you talk to, either the ESTP's are more successful because their wealth and achievement is more obvious (flaunted), or the ENTJ's are more successful because their jobs are seen as more "classy". Personally I'd say if they're content with their own respective achievements, and with their lives in general, they're successful.
    That is a good definition.

hmmmm.....

ESTP I've seen tend to be more content with themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Curzon View Post
    What is the fun in it if not for a bit of stereotyping?
    A woman can't get a little bit pregnant.
    The same is true of stereotyping.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    A woman can't get a little bit pregnant.
    The same is true of stereotyping.
    Wow!!
    That makes perfect sense and that is one great argument you just made there.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

I don't know, at what exactly? I guess ENTJs make better academics/researches/professors, ESTPs are better sellers/marketers/implementors, but ESTPs can also be better businessmen than ENTJs unless the latter has a super innovative idea. So, you mean monetary success? I guess counting whole life they should be pretty much equal in opportunity. Yes, most ENTJs have periods of time where they "think too much" and get little done, but I think that this is equalled by ESTPs that have periods of time where they "waste time away" doing something not-business-money related. I mean, having a life.

ESTPs will definitely flaunt it more, but I kind of envy them for that ability. I have some real trouble spending the money I have...I totally prefer to keep it for "future occurencies", some Se here and there is what I need to throw it away for good.

Take into account that ESTPs also have Fe as "valued function", while ENTJs have Fi, thus given the same level of happiness "felt inside", and ENTJ will appear more serious no matter what. So I would hesitate to deduce happiness from the amount of smiles and similia...
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

no clinkz 'til brooklyn Nocapszy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

and as quickly as he was removed, curzon went directly back onto my ignore list.