User Tag List

123 Last

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Default What is the meanest thing you have ever said to someone and had said to you?

What is the meanest thing you have ever said to someone and also what is the meanest thing someone has ever said to you?

What did you do or say after it was said in both instances?

How do you handle it when people say mean things to you?

Do you feel bad and even notice if you say mean things to others?
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Said to me?
    I lost track. Maybe it was during that one time when I manipulated 15 girls into fighting for my own amusement (I was twelve). One of them said something, but I can't remember what. It was mean, maybe... Something about me being evil. No wait... IDK. I was evil back then though, so she was right. I used to manipulate large groups of people so that they'll fight. It was more of an experiment! You know, to see how far you gotta' push someone before they snap.

That I said to someone else?
    Gee, I haven't a clue. I'm pretty merciless. I guess that one time that I made an ESFJ cry. I'm quiet in school and don't say much so she decided that I was an "easy" target. I really didn't care though, oh well. Eventually she said something to me on the wrong day and I calmly insulted her. Over and over. It was kind of funny because I feel that she overreacted. She was screaming like a monkey and crying. Anyway, afterwards everyone was scared of me. I can't tell you what I said because I cannot remember.

I blink and continue whatever I was doing. Mainly because I don't care.

I never notice. I guess I feel bad when it's someone that I like as a person.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

Mud and rain and chaos... TickTock's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

God PO! Were you dropped as a baby? You're such a little s**t.

I know when I was a kid I said some mean things. Like telling a girl I kissed that is was the drink. I'm not mean anymore. If I unintentionally say something that might hurt I would try to make it up to them.

If someone says something mean to me. I forgive them, it's probably not their fault if they have problems.
    ~ Truth ~ Freedom ~ Health ~ Love ~ Communication ~ Humor ~ Respect ~

I lost track. There are different levels of meaness. Some people are directly sarcastic, some people try to insinuate stuff in a snide way, some people get angry and show it. Usually, I'm more riled up by the direct approach, I can handle snides by ignoring them. I try to get more perspective by thinking through it. Usually, it translates to understanding human psychology in some way.

No. There are only 2 possible instances 1. as a sort of off-hand joke to a friend 2. direct retaliatory attack. I'm not held accountable in the first scenario because my object of derision is not around, I feel fully justified in the second scenario. The golden rule is the only thing that will send me on a guilt trip.

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Quote Originally Posted by TickTock View Post
    God PO! Were you dropped as a baby? You're such a little s**t.
    :'(
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ILE

The meanest things I've ever said to anyone in seriousness were just frank declarations of truth. No implications, no cushioning ... just the direct, basic facts.

Other than that (which is rare, because I'm a pretty nice person), I get people thinking I'm trying to be mean when I'm just being silly. Or honest. Or honestly silly.

The meanest things said to me have been quite cruel, but I'm good at brushing things off because I know everyone sees the world differently.
    I have a vagina.

ENTP . 7w6 sx/sp

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by ladypinkington View Post
    What is the meanest thing you have ever said to someone and also what is the meanest thing someone has ever said to you?
    I think I was eight years old and playing a board game with my cousin. She didn't play by the rules and I snapped something like "I hope you get hit by a truck" out of anger. This is the only time I distinctly remember the feeling of wanting to be mean and acting on it.

Being mean takes up too much energy. I have better things to do with it than waste it on something that only creates negativity in myself and others.

There have certainly been instances when people have uttered some mean remarks towards me. Most probably about my appearance or performance at some thing. But this is so strange, I can't specifically remember what they were. I mostly remember the bad feeling I get afterwards and not the words themselves.

What did you do or say after it was said in both instances?
    When I said it, I certainly didn't realize that it was something mean at the time. I didn't feel bad at all. I didn't apologize. It only came to me years later how bad it really was.

I either never say anything when somebody says something mean to me or I might utter something sarcastic about their intelligence or, more specifically, their lack of it. They're mostly strangers anyway, looking for some release. Arguing with them about it would be useless because the best things to say only come to me after a long time after the incident. After I've had some time to analyze it. And it wouldn't make them see that what they said was something mean and think about what were the real reasons behind why they said these things. When they can't realize it, there's no use in me trying to force them to realize it. I mostly smile and walk away with my head held high.

It saddens me, of course. Meanness has a definite purpose - to hurt others. And it does hurt. If not at that particular moment when the words were uttered then the realization how much it actually hurt might come later.

I instantly start to analyze what they said. Well, I guess there is truth in mean remarks. People take some little detail and turn it into something big. So, I analyze how what they said concerns the traits I have, I try to look myself through their eyes and how they came to the conclusion to say something like that.

But I also try to analyze what motivated them to say those things to me. What circumstances could have attributed to their meanness. Whether there is something in their personal lives that made them mean, are they merely looking for some release for their own inner frustration and things like that. Cause and effect.

As I never intend to be mean and hurt anyone with my words, it usually comes to me later on that what I said might have been something hurtful. I joke around a lot and some of my jokes are...questionable to say the least...and I don't realize straight away how people might take it and that they might not see things exactly the way I see them. When it finally hits me then I do feel really bad and try to apologize if I can. The bad feeling about it stays for a long time, though.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Wow.

When my ex-girlfriend from high school / college (4 years) cheated on me, and I found out because I stopped by her house unannounced when I was moving out of my parent's house, into a townhouse with a friend of mine, she acted strange when she answered the door, and played like she didn't feel well, and kissed me on the cheek and said good night. I knew something was up. Kiss on the cheek? Make-up and earrings but not feeling well? I asked my friend to stay in the fornt of the house, I went around the back, as I started looking in the bushes the idiot she was screwing burst forth (in only his boxer shorts, barefoot) and ran for dear life. I pursued him and yelled "Stop running, I'm not going to hurt you!" I caught up with him and grabbed his neck to control his descent to the ground. Once he was down I told him "Stand up, and walk back up that hill." He did as I commanded and my girlfriend was waiting in front of her house in the street. She asked "What's going on here?" I said "I think I'm the one who should be asking that question." I said "You're disgusting. Don't ever speak to me again, you slut." Then I spit in her face. I looked over at the guy and he looked down at the pavement, then I looked at her and I said "If he really loved you he wouldn't let me do that. You're both pieces of shit, now fuck off." I turned around and walked away. The next day I boxed up everything she ever gave me, all our pictures, letters, etc. and put them in a box, and dropped them on her parent's doorstep. Her stepmom called me and asked what was going on, and I told her, and I gave her a heads up that she should wash her sheets because the two were fucking in her bed.

The worst thing I've ever said to someone is my brother's ex-wife. She is a total slut. She left him to be a drugged out whore, and screwed him out of $80,000 before he had the sense to file for divorce. She stressed out their daughter too, my niece, who I love dearly. Well the ex's sorry ass called over to my parent's house one day and I answered. She said "Let me talk to your brother." I said "Fuck you. You're a dirty slut. You're not talking to anyone in this house." She said "Put your brother on the phone goddamnit!" I said "You know what, I know you take it in the ass, and I know you're whoring yourself out for drugs, so I hope you get AIDS and die just like your Dad did." (He was a physician who never came out of the closet, married and gay.) She howled in anger and misery at me. I laughed at her and said "Fuck off and die now. Buhh bye." I was like 22 years old then. I feel horrible about it now, because I have friends that are gay, and I know 2 people who have died of AIDS, and a few that are living with it now. It's a horrible ordeal for any human to endure, and I wish it on no one, not even my worst of foes. But at that time, the hatred I felt allowed me to identify the path of least resistance to go right for her jugular and fuck her mind up and hurt her feelings really bad. She deserved it. She ruined my family's life for years.

That's about it.

MBTI
    NICE

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I caught up with him and grabbed his neck to control his descent to the ground.

Someone once ran into my fist at 40 mph.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post

Someone once ran into my fist at 40 mph.
    Heh, and once a guy ran crotch first into my foot.