User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4?

Well it kinda makes sense I guess, equality's one thing, but there are subtle (and some not so subtle) differences between the genders, I suppose there's times when one side just wants to get away from the other.

Of course, women have the 'allowance' to say "no guys allowed >=O" whereas guys get branded "sexist" if they do the same thing >.>

I hadn't actually realized that until I read a dennis miller rant, which mentioned one situation where some female reporter went into the changing room of some sports team and got scarred for life or something like that. His point was... should she really have wanted to be in there in the first place?

Some things should be kinda just left alone, honestly. There's exceptions to any rule, but in general, I think maybe it'd be a good idea to leave a few of these "man-caves" and such around =3

(Psst I'm not really here, I just saw the title of the thread and had to say something sorries!)

I went to an open air museum once, a reconstruction of a Victorian village in the area where I live. I could've just lived in the blacksmith's or carpenter's shops. I spent hours and hours in there, checking out all the tools and figuring out what everything did
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Imageshack - img0193ab4.jpg

This is just one of the shelves.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari

Even though I don't smoke, I miss the days when pubs were smoky places... it feels like something is missing from the atmosphere now that half the clientele is to be found standing outside in the smokers' shelter. I even know people who've taken up smoking just so they could join in out there.

People are allowed to smoke in my man cave
    I'm male and over 30, FYI.
    Preferences: 20% Extravert, 98% Intuitive, 68% Thinker, 17% Perceiving

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

GROSS club: Get Rid Of Slimy girlS club.

I wanted to find a GROSS cartoon but couldn't.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    No girls? :zzz:
    Much the same thought crossed my mind.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    ENTP

But with a longer bar, more seating, mac lab in the corner, xbox 360 on a huge tv, a hookah with some weed, an entrance of 50 foot long aquarium tunnels, and pizza oven.
    You can call me Charles.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    No girls? :zzz:
    A emotional sanctuary where castrated men hang out after being banished by their wives. Usually relegated to an out-of-the-way basement, while women take control of the main areas of the home. Said castrated "men" feel the need to add "man" to the word "cave" to otherwise impose masculinity when they clearly have none. For real men, the entire house is theirs, and there's no reason to add "man" to anything because it's implied that men own everything.

Denise banished Tom to the basement where he pissed and moaned with his friends about their wives. Out of spite, they dubbed their basement the "man cave" to feel in control of something.
    You can call me Charles.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Argus View Post
    A emotional sanctuary where castrated men hang out after being banished by their wives. Usually relegated to an out-of-the-way basement, while women take control of the main areas of the home. Said castrated "men" feel the need to add "man" to the word "cave" to otherwise impose masculinity when they clearly have none. For real men, the entire house is theirs, and there's no reason to add "man" to anything because it's implied that men own everything.

Denise banished Tom to the basement where he pissed and moaned with his friends about their wives. Out of spite, they dubbed their basement the "man cave" to feel in control of something.
    It could just be a refuge from the psychic invasion of Relationship. It doesn't need to connote any victimhood.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Argus View Post

I agree with Argus, however, there are other definitions of a Man-Cave in my opinion. Another is simply the same sort of PLACE, but simply about being angry at girls and their mind games instead of having more control, although his true regret this time is that he doesn't get any.

Another can simply be a retreat that a guy simply goes in, often with his buddies, wherein he likely eats lots of snacks, drinks some beer, and likely watches sports with his friends.

Another definition is simply an area that a man goes for his 'I' time, wherein he likely eats lots of snacks and likely drinks some beer (If he's into alcohol), and may watch sports or movies by himself.
    I 96% N 93% T 75% P 63% 5w4 sp/sx/so ILI
    Ti>Ne>Te>Ni>Si>Fi>Se>Fe
    I'm interested in what you percieve me to be. Johari/Nohari