User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 11 to 20 of 58

  1. #11
    Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Posts
    6,885

    Default

    Hellz yeah - seriously, people's behavior is the best form of humor there is. Hell, I even laugh at myself half the time.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

  2. #12
    lurking.... Wyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,662

    Default

    For me, I was talking on the phone with my Dad on Saturday last week. I was telling him about this really, really frustrating situation at the apex of my story, I dropped the f-bomb and a couple of other curse words into a rant.

    It was awesomely, funny. We both laughed. At the end of it, I asked him to fill Mom in on what was going on and asked him to make sure he didn't leave out the f-bombs. I asked him if we wanted me to repeat it for him so he'd get it right. Dad howled with laughter.

    I still smile each time I think about it. Dad's one of my best friends.

  3. #13
    Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7
    Posts
    834

    Default

    Something about mormons.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

    Read my Blog.

  4. #14
    Kraken down on piracy Lux's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,527

    Default

    At lunchtime my son said he couldn't eat his lunch. So I asked him why and he said,
    "Because this hummus smells like gravity." I laughed out loud.
    "It is not length of life, but depth of life." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

    "Thought breeds thought." ~ Henry David Thoreau

  5. #15
    Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    INTP
    Posts
    7,917

    Default

    The last episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, with the black swan, it was maybe the best one ever.

  6. #16
    Senior Member proximo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Hm. When it comes to laughing, I pretty much laugh out loud all the time. Otherwise I'd be smiling. Ok, aside from some funny posts I read recently, this video made me LOL. It's so absurd. The expressions and the tone of voice of these "characters" is priceless. See, I'm LOL'ing again.
    !!!

    I LOL'd just at the still, before I even started playing it!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    That was the last thing I laughed at out loud at...huh?

    Okay, once again: That was the last thing at which I laughed out loud.
    You mean I made you LOL? Literally? Yay!!

    Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    Seriously mushy facebook/messenger nicknames expressing infatuation/love last night, i just couldn't help myself.
    Yeah, I can't help a cynical snigger at those things, either. I think longterm singleness has made me a cold bastard. I know people who say "Awww!" at them, and I LOL at that, too

    But i'm sure I laughed out loud quite a few times since then.
    C'mon then - at what? [/relentless]

  7. #17
    Senior Member proximo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    For me, I was talking on the phone with my Dad on Saturday last week. I was telling him about this really, really frustrating situation at the apex of my story, I dropped the f-bomb and a couple of other curse words into a rant.

    It was awesomely, funny. We both laughed. At the end of it, I asked him to fill Mom in on what was going on and asked him to make sure he didn't leave out the f-bombs. I asked him if we wanted me to repeat it for him so he'd get it right. Dad howled with laughter.

    I still smile each time I think about it. Dad's one of my best friends.
    Oh? You don't swear normally then? Or just not in front of your parents? Mine wouldn't bat an eyelid at that, neither would I! I guess there's a reason the French call the British "goddamns" (meaning we swear a lot and think nothing of it).

    Quote Originally Posted by paperoceans View Post
    Something about mormons.
    Aw, no more specific than that? Chicken!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    At lunchtime my son said he couldn't eat his lunch. So I asked him why and he said,
    "Because this hummus smells like gravity." I laughed out loud.
    !!!!! Sounds like he'd get on great with my daughter

    Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    The last episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm, with the black swan, it was maybe the best one ever.
    Oh, I saw a couple of episodes of that when I used to have a TV still
    Yeah, it is funny, though I don't think I saw that one episode in particular. Great stuff.

  8. #18
    Senior Member nynesneg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Posts
    357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    At lunchtime my son said he couldn't eat his lunch. So I asked him why and he said,
    "Because this hummus smells like gravity." I laughed out loud.
    That's awesome!


    What was the last thing that you actually laughed out loud at, for real?
    Pink's humorous dialog with Jaye.

  9. #19
    lurking.... Wyst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,662

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by proximo View Post
    Oh? You don't swear normally then? Or just not in front of your parents? Mine wouldn't bat an eyelid at that, neither would I! I guess there's a reason the French call the British "goddamns" (meaning we swear a lot and think nothing of it).
    No - I almost never swear. And certainly not in front of my parents when I do, which is probably why it struck me as funny

  10. #20
    Senior Member proximo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wyst View Post
    No - I almost never swear. And certainly not in front of my parents when I do, which is probably why it struck me as funny
    I did a similar thing once when talking to a priest, and that was weird. For some odd reason, though I swear liberally usually, in some situations I don't - mainly priests, and old ladies! It didn't seem funny though, just embarrassing. I sorta just kept going, like nothing had happened, but I did see him flinch - he hadn't expected it either!

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 08-03-2011, 06:19 AM
  2. [NT] What's the first thing that pops in your mind?
    By guesswho in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 10-03-2010, 04:06 AM
  3. The Little Things That Make You Happy
    By Gloriana in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-28-2010, 08:37 PM
  4. The Little Things That Make You Happy
    By Gloriana in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-23-2009, 06:36 AM
  5. The last thing that you lost that you wish you didn't
    By BlackCat in forum The Fluff Zone
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 07:31 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO