User Tag List

First 89101112 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ

I'm an ENFJ and I've always ended up being somewhat of the journalist, I guess.
    Took/take creative writing every year, and I was scheduled to take Journalism but then I dropped all my classes and did home schooling for 6 months.
    Your epidermis is showing. <3

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by breaking the paradox View Post
    It seems that many people put many people as the stereotyped geek or something like that, but aren't people usually afraid of them because they are so intense and can appear to be psychopathic?

As for intp's they seem more likely to be known as "the smart kid" rather than a geek IMO
    There's the goofy, awkward kid who trips over his own feet but is a whiz at math, computers, etc. and will probably help you if you ask. Then there is the even quieter but very intense kid who reads weird books and stares at people funny. No one knows him well enough to know what he's good at, and are probably too intimidated to ask him for help. The first is a nerd (INTP), the second perhaps a psycho/sociopath (INTJ), both might be geeks in some sense of the word. At least this is one set of stereotypes.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Im still in high school, so i think you might be right, my best friend, (who is an INTP) does not seem nerdy to me, but he is quite and reserved in most of his classes because he is the smartest person in almost all of them, I don't think anyone sees him as nerdy except for the fact that he played WoW. People are often scared of me, and yea people got really freaked out when i was reading the rise and fall of the third reich (it had a big swastika on the front still working on the book though). I think for the most part you are right about the INTJ (if comparing to myself) except i don't see myself as a nerd, I exercise often excessively. Do you think we are probably the exception to the rule?

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    IEI

Although I usualy hate stereotypes, I felt compelled to do this anyway, for the fun of it. I added some of my own person stereotypes as well:

INFP: Loner; Weirdo; Quiet shy girl/guy; Anime lover; Girl-next-door; Geek; The smart slacker; The writer; Emo kid

INFJ: School journalist; Teacher's pet; The smart one; The confidant; Student Council representative; School Activist; Girl-next-door; School mystery

INTP: Anime lover; The smart one; Nerd; Geek; Loner; Mathlete; Marching Band/ Band geek

INTJ: Know-it-all; The smart one; Honor Student; Nerd; Valedictorian; Mr. Dark-and-Handsome

ENFP: School Journalist; Drama Queen; Weirdo; Anime Lover; Class Clown

ENFJ: Class president; Overachiever; School Activist; Popular kid; Model student; Preppy kid; Teacher's Pet; The nicest-kid-in-school

ENTP: Smart aleck; Troublemaker; Smart slacker

ENTJ: Newspaper's Editor-in-Chief; Overachiever; Know-it-all

ISFP: Hippies; the Artist; Skater kids; Quiet shy girl/ guy; The smart slacker; Earthy kids

ISFJ: Innocent girl; Teacher's Pet; Emo kid; Student Council representative; Shy Quiet Girl/ Guy; Model Student

ISTP: Loner; Butch girl; Tough kid; Slacker; Troublemaker; Mr. Dark-and-Handsome

ISTJ: Student Body President; Hall monitor; Overachiever; Honor Student; Valedictorian; Teacher's Pet

ESFP: Class Clown; Cheerleader; Popular kid; Popularity-seeking outsider; Party girl; Drama queen; Preppy girl/ guy; All-American Athlete

ESFJ: Cheerleader; School Gossip; Queen Bee; Popular Kid; Preppy girl/ guy; Overachiever

ESTP: Queen Bee; Jock; Tough kid; All-American Athlete; Troublemaker

ESTJ: School workaholic; Overachiever; Hall Monitor; Bully; Butch Girl; Valedictorian

Also, for enneagrams...

Type 1: School Activist; Valedictorian; Overachiever; Student Council representative
    Type 2: Popular kid; Model Student; Teacher's Pet; The nicest-kid-in-school
    Type 3: All-American Athlete; Overachiever; Popular kid; Model student; Preppy kid
    Type 4: Emo/ Goth kid; School Mystery; Drama Queen; Loner; The writer; Popularity-seeking outsider; The artist
    Type 5: The smart one; Nerd; know-it-all; Emo/ Goth Kid; Anime lover
    Type 6: Hall monitor; Girl next Door; Model Student; Overachiever
    Type 7: Class Clown; Smart aleck; weirdo
    Type 8: Overachiever; Class president; Head of * insert school club name here*; Butch girl; Bully; Queen Bee
    Type 9: Girl-next-door; Earthy kid; The confidant; The artist; Smart slacker; The writer

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    IEI

I am posting this based on what i've noticed in my own High School rather than cliches/ stereotypes I've been informed of:

INFP: The outcast

- The awkward students/ loners whom usually have a difficult time relating to their peers, but can prove to be a surprisingly good listener. Often perceived as eccentric by their more extroverted classmates, whom can't understand them due to their "quietness" and unusual interests/ habits. These students are generally extremely bright and excell academically, but sometimes are either too shy or, simply, too introverted to care much about expressing this fact. They can alternate from being extremely insecure and brooding over their inability to communicate with others and fit in (me), or silent, but self-assured people who just want to march to the beat of their own drum. Often have at least one particular gift/ talent and are more inclined to languages and the arts.

ISFP: The Artisans

-Artsy students whom value individuality, fashion, and self-expression. They have an unusual, but intriguing fashion sense that resembles that of a scenic teens/ hipsters and dye their hair a different shade at least 5 times in one month. These kids relish and breathe the arts and often partake in the school's art and drama clubs. The more extreme version of the "artisans" dare to dye and style their in the most peculiar (and sometimes just downright disturbing) fashions and wear an excessive amount of (usually vampiric) make-up on their face. Much of the "emo"/ gothic group of the high school (who often have a strange fascination with Japanese culture) fits into this category as well.

-As my school is predominantly extroverted, most of the "ISFP" teens at my school are more ambiverted, acting either sociable or reserved depending on the situation or circumstance.

ENFJ: The Model Student

-In other words, the school's overachievers. Usually incredibly religious and spiritual students who desire to constantly profess and spread the word of God. These students often earn straight A's in honors/ AP courses and are involved in multiple (think 10+) extracurricular activities at once. They are very active and usually value sports and have a style that ranges from being either very conservative and preppy to very casual and sporty. They're the kids who want everyone to feel and be included and are frequently chosen as the town's model citizen of the year, but can feel a bit awkward around the quiet students who take a while to open up (being so extraverted).

ISFJ: The Average Everygirl

-These girls can be a little quiet and soft-spoken at times, but usually have a close-knit group of friends comprised of people they've known since childhood. They make take an honors course or two and mostly earn average to above average grades in their subjects (from what I've seen). These students can ocassionally become a little self-conscious and insecure, but try to socialize and display a warm friendliness to others; they try to appear extroverted to better fit in with their peers, but are ultimately exhausted from all this social contact, requiring some personal space to re-energize themselves. They are extremely private and do not readily open up to strangers, despite their seeming politeness, and mainly prefer the company of a select few people, to the point of appearing standoffish and snobbish. Their interests are those of the typical teenage girl, and they often like to be "in the know" of what's currently going on in the school.

ENFP: The Preacher

- Zany students with intense opinions on subject matters. They often have a lot of wit and humor their classmates with their sarcasm and frankness. They are "funny" students with an offbeat perspective and are usually tagged by their peers as a 'good kind of crazy". They worry more over the prospect of not standing out enough than neatly fitting in, and are very concerned with being an "individual".

-A different variety of ENFPs at my school are the social butterflies, bubbly, extremely talkative and cheerful teens who would hold a conversation with a tree if they could. Because they are so easy to talk to, they are incredibly popular among their classmates and lead a vigorous and active lifestyle. They are gregarious and people-oriented, strongly desiring to constantly be surrounded by people and have some attention focused on them. They are often into oral-interpretation,
    debate, and theatre, and like the above described ENFPs, need to stand out.

ESFP: The Clown

-The stereotypical class clown cracking jokes in class either to feel better about themslves or make up for what they feel is lacking in their life. They unintentionally hurt people with their humor and are not well received by their teachers, who tag them as a distaction to the class.

-Among my school's female population, I've noted that many of the cheerleaders are ESFx of some form. I don't intend to stereotype, but some (not all) of the ESFP cheerleaders at my high school are often very self-absorbed valley girls who try to put on their "airhead" act to better fit in with their peers (especially guys). They are usually not outwardly mean or disrespctful and often seem willing to include people from different groups, but at the same time, are pretty much the biggest backstabbers you'd ever meet. They change social circles at the snap of a finger and live to gossip and spread rumors.

INTP: The gifted students

-Many of my school's "geeks" and "nerds" can be classified as INTP. The students have many similarities with the school's INFPs, but are usually less concerned or preoccupied with (possibly) fitting in. They are intelligent, but rather quiet, students engrossed in their personal interests and occasionally show an interest or expansive knowledge in cartoons and anime. Most of them are gifted students enrolled in multiple honors/ AP course.

-Other INTP students at my high school, while exhibit this same intellect, are not necessarily "nerds" or outcasts; rather, they are self-confident, scholarly youths who usually attract people with their intelligence and wit. They are "nice" people, but are usually very thick-skinned and candid, unafraid to tell things as they are. They usually have a small group of friends comprised of people with similar interests. Many of the school's INTJs can fit into this category as well, but are usually even less "sappy" and emotional.

ESFJ: "The Friendliest, Merriest Kid at School"

- These students are very similar to the school's overachieving ENFJs, but have some attributes of the gossipy ESFPs, making them appear "two-faced" and insincere at times. They are usually not mean-spiritied or confrontational, and in fact are sometimes so inclusive and polite that it almost feels fake. Likely to be religious or spiritual in some sense. While the school's ENFJs often try to be open-minded and sometimes become idealistic to a fault, the ESFJs are much more attuned to social norms and show a more obvious interest/ attraction to fashion. As extraverts, they seem almost bewildered when encountering someone who lacks social grace and is excessively awkward and/or quiet. They are often incredibly energetic, cheerful, and optimistic and are loved by their teachers (whom admire their openness and model behavior).

I have not encountered many ISTx or ExTJs at my school as of yet, so I will not get into that... again I'm not trying to stereotype, but am only posting the patterns I've observed in my own High School.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

To completely stereotype and generalize the entire population of my school...
    ISTP boys are often sports freaks, ISTP girls, regarded as tomboys.
    ISTJs, all around hard-working, teacher pet-esque. Think Hufflepuff.
    ESTJs, ice queen, leader of a group, something of that nature.
    ENTJs I've seen to be high-achievers, class president, involved with extracurriculars, preparing for college.
    What about INFJs and ENTPs?
    I'm not sure about INFJs (probably similar to INFPs), but I'd call ENTPs, as you the stated above, the "Smart Slackers." I've met a lot of ENTP highschoolers that are absolutely brilliant, but too busy basking in their own genius, messing around, etc. to actually get anything done.
    Oh how I love stereotypes.
    Sounds like we have similar high schools.
    4w5-5w4-1w2 sp/sx
    Neutral Good
    Ravenclaw
    “The only way out of the labyrinth of suffering is to forgive.”
    ― John Green

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastarr View Post

INFP: The outcast

- The awkward students/ loners whom usually have a difficult time relating to their peers, but can prove to be a surprisingly good listener. Often perceived as eccentric by their more extroverted classmates, whom can't understand them due to their "quietness" and unusual interests/ habits. These students are generally extremely bright and excell academically, but sometimes are either too shy or, simply, too introverted to care much about expressing this fact. They can alternate from being extremely insecure and brooding over their inability to communicate with others and fit in (me), or silent, but self-assured people who just want to march to the beat of their own drum. Often have at least one particular gift/ talent and are more inclined to languages and the arts.
    Yep, that was me, especially the bold. I was this while still being affiliated with the nerd/geek/intellectual "elite" group, though still feeling largely out of step with that group much of the time. My best friend was an INTJ who kinda "ran" the group and eventually became class president (he was involved in athletics as well but didn't have interest in running that group). I was the quiet one that the other members of the group would come to if they were getting picked on to resolve the situation.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Hinastarr View Post
    Although I usualy hate stereotypes, I felt compelled to do this anyway, for the fun of it. I added some of my own person stereotypes as well:

INTP: Anime lover; The smart one; Nerd; Geek; Loner; Mathlete; Marching Band/ Band geek

INTJ: Know-it-all; The smart one; Honor Student; Nerd; Valedictorian; Mr. Dark-and-Handsome
    It occurs to me that there is an unsung demographic of 'thug strong' INTPs, too. Maybe not so much in the suburbs as more ghetto schools, but I've known a few rugged INTPs, skulking about with the rowdy set. It appeals to their anarchistic, anti-authority nature. Of course, they'll probably theorize about the vandalism and tyranny afterward, glorifying it as a sort of revolutionary endeavor. Additionally, INTJs make fine goths (seeking what commiserate 'brooding intellectuals' they happen upon in said circles) and INTPs excel as countercultural 'punks'. In any case, they may still love math...

MBTI
    INFP
    Socionics
    IEI

Captain of the Cheerleaders: ESFJ
    Sidekick Cheerleaders: ESFP, ISFJ
    Jock: ESTP (stereotypical jock); ISTP (quiet jock)
    Geek:
    -INTP (geeky guy who's into video gaming and has an obsession with anime),-
    -INTJ (smart, nerdy guy who knows a bunch of random trivia he's gathered from web surfing and is often an expert on a certain topic he's always fixated on)
    -INFJ (the smart, individualistic girl who scorns anyone who she feels tries to hard to be popular and follow the crowd and enjoys debating about anime and philosophical theories with random users on online forums; has a more active social life online than she does on a daily basis at school because of this)
    -INFP (the shy girl people see as "strange" due to her love of Scifi and Lord of the Rings, who spends a bunch of time becoming engrossed in fantasy books in the school's library and has only one person they frequently sit with and consider their true friend)

Quiet, shy girl:
    -INFP (the shy wallflower who rarely speaks up in class and regularly hides behind a book, but is surprisingly talented at writing; secretly feels isolated and misunderstood, but may feel too timid to do something about it)
    - INFJ (the shy person people perceive as mysterious and misinterpret as being snobbish and aloof; despite their shyenss, they actually feel comfortable standing on the sidelines and don't strive nearly as hard as some others to achieve popularity and follow the crowd. Possibly very inelligent and sees everything on a deeper level than msot beneath their quiet demeanor)
    - ISFJ (conservative, evangelical christian who became shy after years of being sheltered by her religious, overbearing parents; has only a few select friends and is teased often for seeming too prudish and backward in appearance)
    - ISFP (the shy girl who prefers sitting alone to being with people during her lunch period and often works on her artwork and listens to her ipod in a secluded corner; although very shy initially, she proves to be easygoing and approachable once she becomes comfortable enough to trust and open up to you)

Arty one: ISFP (quiet student who's great at visual arts and often sits in a corner to work on their pieces); INFP (school poet/ writer)

Flamboyant one into Drama: ESFP

Butch Girl: ISTP (tough girl who challenges men she perceives as "sexist" and plays a variety of sports for the school); ESTJ (mannish girl who is overly blunt and always seems to be wearing a chip on her shoulder by pushing anyone who gets too close to her away)

Feminine Guy: INFP, INFJ, ISFJ, ISFP, ENFP, ESFP

Pimp: ESTP, ESFP

Goth: INFP, INFJ, INTP, INTJ

Emo: INFP, INFJ, ISFP, ISFJ

Loud, annoying one: ESFP, ESTP, ENFP, ENTP

School journalist: INFJ, ISFJ, INTJ, ISTJ (quiet writers who are very observant and work behind the sidelines); ENFJ, ESFJ (talkative teacher's pets who actively approach others to gain facts and reports for their writings, often being perceived as pushy or even nosy by others)

School gossip: ESFJ, ESFP

Sl#t: ESFP, ENFP (girl who pushes herself onto guys to gain attention from others and finds love in all the wrong places); ESTP, ISTP (femme fatale)

Valley Girls- ESFP, ESFJ, some ENFPs

Burnouts- INTP, INTJ (smart kid who became frustrated with school for whichever reason and began smoking marijuana to relieve the stress); ISTP, ISFP (quiet kid who lives for the moment and isn't particularly interested in schoolwork or academic activities and prefers going with the flow of things; possibly does drug recreationally)

Loner- INFP (outcast who nobody seems to understand who actually has an intelligent, insightful mind beyond their "odd" demeanor);

Bookworm-
    -INFJ (hardworking honor students who might not relate to their peers very well and feels isolated by thinking themselves too "smart" to be around other teenagers)
    -INTJ (smart girl who loves to "enrich her mind" with knowledge and reads on nonfiction topics for pleasure)
    -ISTJ (anal retentive girl who's striving for the valedictorian spot and spends 6 hours a day studying to achieve this goal)
    -INFP (quiet, shy girl who loves fantasy novels and reading fiction/ poetry books to daydream and escape from daily teenage life)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Queen B: ESTJ
    Captain of the Cheerleaders: ESFJ
    Sidekick Cheerleaders: ESFP
    Jock: ESTP
    Geek: INTP
    Quiet, shy girl: INFJ
    Arty one: ISFP
    Flamboyant one into Drama: ENFJ