First 1234 Last

Thread: Your Utopia

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

A house built into the south side of a mountain and a guarden on the flood plain in the valley. Probalby be helpful if there was someone to live that dream with me...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Self medicate .. Wicked .. I'll just be wondering around needlessly living in my fantasy world .. Actually that doesn't very appealing .. I am going to go to my utopia now
    Hehe! Have fun.

Default The Perfect Marriage

My father loved the bush and my mother loved the city. So when we lived in Sydney, we would spend the week working in the city and the weekend in one of the national parks that surround the city of Sydney.

Sometimes my mother would get the upper hand and we would live in the city, and sometimes my father would get the upper hand and we would live in the bush.

But it wasn't until I moved to Canberra that I discovered utopia, for Canberra is a city in the bush.

The city is designed so that the bush comes right into the city. And this is appreciated by the kangaroos who now describe themselves as city kangaroos.

And you can follow the bush out of the city and in twenty minutes you are in deep bush and the city disappears into the landscape.

'Utopia', they tell me means 'nowhere'. So we had to design a utopia for ourselves. And as we love both the bush and the city, we brought them together in the perfect marriage called Canberra.
    Last edited by Mole; 11-03-2009 at 10:33 AM.

MBTI
    xxxx

There are some philosophical arguments supporting the notion that we live in the best of all possible worlds.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Rubber Nipple Salesperson ladypinkington's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

My utopia is my own little world- where a pink Victorian house sits on a beautiful green 1 acre yard- and Japanese Spitz puppies swarm me and roll on the lawn with me- and hubby, baby and I laugh together and play video games all day together and don't have to work and warm fuzzies rule the earth instead of money.

Where all the doggies of the world are adopted and have a loving home and everyone talks about their feelings,lol.

It is a place where every neighborhood has a stand up comedy night and every college gives free philosophy courses.

Where pizza is good for you and ice-cream makes you lose weight.

Where babies are born potty trained and there is no divorce.
    Me and hubby made an RPG Nutrition Game
    Play and Vote July 14th to Aug 14th
    http://www.appsforhealthykids.com/ap...ing-vegetables

Sniffles

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    There are some philosophical arguments supporting the notion that we live in the best of all possible worlds.
    Agreed. Utopianism is largely based upon a rejection of the reality in favor of an imagined "second reality".

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    Wow, that's depressing. THIS is the best?

Enneagram
    4w5

In the arms of someone special

And my cheesy one: a utopia in which people had developed compassion for both themselves and for nonhuman animals, and so they could actually enjoy life, along with animals. pretty much as little suffering as possible for all living beings

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    Wow, that's depressing. THIS is the best?
    I think it is only our perception that makes us want to live in some kind of fantasy world. Change your perception and suddenly things are not so bad. Granted it won't stop all the problems humanity faces, so we just have to look for small blessings.
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    In my Utopia, I would be a powerful figure. I would be one of three rulers of the world, free to get most of my whims but with the other two to keep me feeling like I have peers and to reign in any crazy ideas I get.

I would divide society into a few levels. The Upper class would consist mostly of my best friends from this website, along with several intellectuals, artists, and their friends that I respect and admire. The middle class would consist of engineers, artisans, programmers, mathematicians, and accountants... people who I find intelligent but somewhat boring at times. The free lower class would consist of religious people, salesmen, sanitation workers, waiters, and other blue-collar workers. Criminals and illiterate people would be enslaved in order to create a pool of cheap labor, of course.
    I reject your classes and challenge you to a duel
    You can call me Charles.