User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Default The Vatican Needs to Lighten Up--Banning Halloween for Christians

Somebody needs to buy the cardinals some lampshade hats (complete with chain), so that maybe they'll get the idea that Halloween is mostly just an excuse to have fun, somewhat to laugh in the face of fear, and maybe a sliver about the occult. The occult is probably just as occult-y other times of the year, and I don't see a rush in banning those days.

I like the second part the most: though I don't generally like a ton of horror, securing ourselves against the monsters in our subconscious by acting like what we fear is very healthy in short bursts. It's why the Irish started carving into Turnips in the first place!

Here's the Link:
    Vatican warns parents that Halloween is 'anti-Christian' -

What do you think?
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Aw, I was just looking around the preschool this morning at all the kids thrilled that they can "dress up" for one day a year. It's so adorable. People like being able to dress up and be tacky.

Oh, hmm, are they just saying to try to avoid dressing up as devils and witches? Seems appropriate if you are Christian.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Aw, I was just looking around the preschool this morning at all the kids thrilled that they can "dress up" for one day a year. It's so adorable. People like being able to dress up and be tacky.

Oh, hmm, are they just saying to try to avoid dressing up as devils and witches? Seems appropriate if you are Christian.

Oh boy. This means I have to totally change my plans.
    Looks like I'll be saying rosaries and novenas all day and night tomorrow... :rolli:

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

The Bible warns against witchcraft and demons, so they have some reason to be wary of the holiday.

But this is hilarious... from the Christian Broadcasting Network:

"During this period demons are assigned against those who participate in the rituals and festivities. These demons are automatically drawn to the fetishes that open doors for them to come into the lives of human beings. For example, most of the candy sold during this season has been dedicated and prayed over by witches."
    Christian Broadcasting Network Warns Against 'Demonic' Halloween Candy

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

To Halla: Ha!

To Elaur: I've never dressed up as a devil, but I don't give the devil enough credit to be afraid of those that do. As a Christian (esp. as a former Catholic), I understand what's out there. I understand most people don't understand. Therefore, I am content letting their ignorance remain their innocence until something happens to disrupt their image of the universe.

In other words: it don't bother me. If stuff started to actually get supernatural, I would keep my cool the best I could and remove myself from the situation. No need to be around actual evil.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

religious people are amusing
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

LOL.

This from the institution that made halloween in a christian thing aka All Hallow's Eve.

Actually, according to myth, this is the night that the Veil to the Other World is thin and our beloved can come and visit us, crossing that veil. Of course, the same goes for otherworldly creatures. It's considered one of the most potent pagan festivals...
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    The Bible warns against witchcraft and demons, so they have some reason to be wary of the holiday.

But this is hilarious... from the Christian Broadcasting Network:

Christian Broadcasting Network Warns Against 'Demonic' Halloween Candy
    And people wonder why they people make fun of us--we let these idiots on T.V.
    Love is the point.

MBTI
    INTP

Western European "Christian" holiday practices are actually replete with paganism because often the invaders renamed indigenous folk practices, important locations and lore with Christian symbols and names. Christmas trees are actually Yule Trees, Santa Claus is based on Odin/Wodan and Easter gets its name from Ostara, a pagan goddess and former name of the month when Easter takes place. I think Halloween comes from the Celtic Samhain celebration.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    LOL.

This from the institution that made halloween in a christian thing aka All Hallow's Eve.

Actually, according to myth, this is the night that the Veil to the Other World is thin and our beloved can come and visit us, crossing that veil. Of course, the same goes for otherworldly creatures. It's considered one of the most potent pagan festivals...
    Didn't Easter originate from a fertility festival? AKA = "Orgy" of some kind? Here bunny, bunny, bunny! Drop some eggs! :horor: