Lol, I see the spirit of Halloween is alive already here
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Hey, why the 'strangely'! I have good points, you should agree with me more often!
    Was refering to our differing spirtual choices. I'm the Christian, and you're the pagan, and somehow we agree that people will celebrate how they will celebrate and labeling an entire day as one way is probably a mistake. The Vatican is being irresponsible with their power in that way; though, I think a refresher course on how to avoid doing something contrary to the faith is probably not a terrible idea around this time of year for their Catholic believers.

I'm aware of what some pagans do on Halloween. I believe we all have the right to choose our own spiritual path. I don't do anything that isn't in accordance with my Faith...otherwise, what's the point of having it?

So I'm going to eat some candy, drink some ginger ale with dry ice, chew on some eyeballs, freak out some kids, partake in the "ritual" of the silly string, and generally enjoy myself this Halloween. I suggest other Christians who don't believe they fall into any sin by doing things that don't conflict with their faith, enjoy themselves. That's the key. Don't do anything that's going to tempt you. If this holiday tempts you to do evil, then don't do it. Go find something innocuous to do. Pray, if you feel the need (pray always). If your brothers and sisters are tempted and weak on Halloween, it's more important to support them by doing something innocuous, but if not, you know the boundaries, have fun.
    Love is the point.

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Nobody really gives a shit about the vatican anymore. Actually, we should invade them and get all their money and property, then sell it off to pay our public debt.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

This is the thing I dont understand about alot of Christians [I'm one just as well], but it seems they all have this fear of Halloween and they run inside and lock their doors! Comming from a Christian view point here, we're not to let the enemy [satan] steal one more day from us. he has been defeated already through jesus dying on the cross. So for people to hide on halloween and act like its the devils day is so not right. He owns nothing and we are free to do what we want. If anything, take that day and use it for good. At my church I went to in texas, we'd have a party on halloween for the whole community where we had rides and candy and everything for free. Its a great way to share the gospel. I moved to Missouri and found that NONE of the churches in my area are doing anything for halloween. I was so dissapointed. To be perfectly honest, the whole bible belt really ticks me off in that sence... Look, I'm a christian but it seems alot of christians from the bible belt are really judgemental and rude. I see no love in their hearts and it upsets me....
    *cough* anyway, I wont change the topic Sorry...I just get a bit worked up over somethings.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Hey, Satan is also much cooler than God, so why shouldn't they cut him some slack for Halloween?
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Nobody really gives a shit about the vatican anymore. Actually, we should invade them and get all their money and property, then sell it off to pay our public debt.
    I prefer sticking a giant condom over the vatican, it sends a message.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

I'm only pointing out the christian perspective. They run for fear because they think its like the devils day. but if they really believed how christianity worked, they'd see differently.

All in all, I see no point in hiding in your house. Go, eat candy, go have fun, dress up. Its not bad
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    ILE

I used to go to Catholic school and we used to always dress up in costumes and celebrate Halloween. We would have contests and a little parade for ourselves and watch really old black and white horror movies. It was especially cool to be Roman Catholic back then because the following day was All Saints Day a holy day of obligation (day off school in religious observance)...so you would have all day to eat, sort and play with your candy while the public school kids had to go to school.

The story with Halloween for kids was all of the evil spirits were out on Halloween ready to leave town before All Saints Day (like in that old song "When the Saints Go Marching In"). So the whole point was dressing up similar to the evil spirits so they would think you were one of them and wouldn't mess with you as they were leaving town before All Saints Day.

Thats why I never understood the bible thumpers who would freak out about Halloween and such. Now it looks like some of their ideas have now invaded my church.

PS. Nothing personal but those dogging my religion (outside bonafide reasons) in an ad hominum manner...Fuck you very much.
    I redact everything I have written or will write on this forum prior to, subsequent with and or after the fact of its writing. For entertainment purposes only and not to be taken seriously nor literally.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgar View Post
    Spamtar - a strange combination of boorish drunkeness and erudite discussions, or what I call "an Irish academic"

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Nobody really gives a shit about the vatican anymore.
    And it's really not helping that they picked Gollum to be the new Pope.

.. at least Pope John Paul was likeable.