User Tag List

12 Last

Ginkgo

Talking Childhood Memories!

Post childhood memories here for nostalgic purposes. Let us reminisce in glorious past times.

I can recall one instance when I was approximately 5 years old. My family was living in a relatively humble house with allowance for a spacious yard. There was a creek that traveled west, adjacent to the back yard fence, and there was a bunch of green bushes contained by the northern part of the fence.

One afternoon, when the sun shone so brightly that our white picket fence was nearly glowing, I was meandering around the yard and I noticed an obscure gap within the bushes. As I approached it, my Cocker Spaniel bolted in front of me and into the gap.

I leaned forward to observe the innards of the shrubbery, but I failed to get a good view. Afterward, I scrunched down and crawled through, only to find a labyrinth of sage colored twists and turns. The way in which the blades of grass were contorted amazed me as I squirmed through them.
    Eventually, I fell into the main chamber - a massive reservoir in which my cocker spaniel was harvesting the eggs of deformed black legless armless midget babies. He suddenly started speaking to me in a foreign tongue, only known in the outer crusts of the planet Xintu CF-4r. He swiftly whisked me off into space, never to see my loved ones again.

And here I am, communicating with you via the terminal on an inter-galactic warship dubbed Let's eating not your babies earth (roughly translated).

Ok, so yeah, so I was embellishing a tad as the story went on.

But I think it would be cool if we shared more.

MBTI
    ENTP

I remember my father picking me up from school on his motorcycle when I was in kindergarten. I rode home holding onto his belt loops. He was like a god on earth to me at that age.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Perfume and marker wars and palying hide-and-go-seek in the dark inside the house when all the 'rents were gone.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I remember losing my mother at Safeway when I was about 5. I searched desperately for her. A flood of relief came over me as I rushed up behind her to hug her long puffy blue winter coat, only to discover with mortification that I had hugged some strange woman that I didn't know AND I still didn't know where my own mother was!

Kick the can in the twilight of my grandparent's back yard with the cousins and neighbour kids all playing. Even the big kids played that night. I remember being fascinated with the term "Broken Dishes!"

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I remember losing my mother at Safeway when I was about 5. I searched desperately for her. A flood of relief came over me as I rushed up behind her to hug her long puffy blue winter coat, only to discover with mortification that I had hugged some strange woman that I didn't know AND I still didn't know where my own mother was!
    That sounds like the most horrible nightmare I can imagine.

Phantonym

I remember falling off a tree when I was seven. Got the wind knocked out of me. That was so much fun!

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I remember falling off a tree when I was seven. Got the wind knocked out of me. That was so much fun!
    That explains a lot!

Did you ever hang upside down and imagine the branches were roots springing through the earth?

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Perfume and marker wars and palying hide-and-go-seek in the dark inside the house when all the 'rents were gone.
    I would love to play hide and seek now. The weather is perfect for it in the Fall.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    That explains a lot!

Did you ever hang upside down and imagine the branches were roots springing through the earth?
    Should I be worried? Nope to the hanging from a tree but I loved to spin myself round and round and then stop to see the world spinning around me. That was neat as well. Ahh...good memories. I should do that again.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    Should I be worried? Nope to the hanging from a tree but I loved to spin myself round and round and then stop to see the world spinning around me. That was neat as well. Ahh...good memories. I should do that again.
    Felt like the ground was moving!