User Tag List

12311 Last

Unhappy Guys and manners today!!!

I am not happy with the manners of the society I have plunged into.
    Good manners seem to be forgotten nowadays. Is it that much to ask for a guy to open you the door or to actually know that he is to enter first into a restaurant? For a guy to know that he has to get up from a chair when a woman enters the room and how to properly receive guests? Not to be a "potty" mouth?

I don't feel that old-fashioned, just some recent experiences made me wonder what happened with good manners and why is it so hard to keep some values. Where is society going???

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Out growing old restraints???
    SDMF

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I have made it an appointment to myself to notice a humans intelligence via his mannerisms. Yes you plunged into the wrong society
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I think women have forgotten good manners too. In general people talk and interact much less with anyone from the next generation who would pass those expectations along. Many people spend much less time reading as well, so are less likely to come across that information unless they were brought up that way. There are ever increasing amounts of adults now who have not matured emotionally as should normally happen (for a variety of reasons), which results in less empathy and being more self-absorbed. We have also become a much less formal society - perhaps the baby has been thrown out with the bathwater. It is one thing to do abandon rituals that have lost their significance, but there are some traditions that were a part of our society for practical reasons that are too bad to lose.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    I think women have forgotten good manners too. In general people talk and interact much less with anyone from the next generation who would pass those expectations along. Many people spend much less time reading as well, so are less likely to come across that information unless they were brought up that way. There are ever increasing amounts of adults now who have not matured emotionally as should normally happen (for a variety of reasons), which results in less empathy and being more self-absorbed. We have also become a much less formal society - perhaps the baby has been thrown out with the bathwater. It is one thing to do abandon rituals that have lost their significance, but there are some traditions that were a part of our society for practical reasons that are too bad to lose.
    Completely agree, especially with the bolded. But, I was born an old man. Hear, hear!
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I think your avatar is bad manners.

What is the practical purpose of these things (entering a restaurant first, getting up from his chair, opening a door for someone who is physically able)?
    Act your age not your enneagram number.

Quinlan's Creations

MBTI
    INTP

I don't see manners as restraints. To the OP--just find a guy for whom they still matter. They exist.
    Something Witty

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I think your avatar is bad manners.

What is the practical purpose of these things (entering a restaurant first, getting up from his chair, opening a door for someone who is physically able)?
    Agreed, Quinlan.

I don't think that stupid, meaningless social rituals should be taught or even done. But if I'm interpreting the OP correctly, this is a matter of common courtesy that everyone should adhere to.

By the way your avatar makes my brain hurt, and that makes me take your posts 90% less serious. Seriously, change it.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INXP

How does one define a "meaningless" social ritual? Society operates by rituals, or all would be chaos.

Quote Originally Posted by am_i_evil666 View Post
    Is it that much to ask for a guy to open you the door or to actually know that he is to enter first into a restaurant?
    How is one supposed to enter the restaurant first if one is holding open the door?

For a guy to know that he has to get up from a chair when a woman enters the room
    Having a vagina entitles one to have other people stand up for no practical reason?

Not to be a "potty" mouth?
    Oh I sooooo tempted right now...