First 67891018 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    Perhaps women who appreciate politeness or respect do not sleep around.
    Not a negative, but it is funny that she'd make the comment that the "rude" guys must never get any nookie.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

worse side of having mannerisms is you attract older ladies + if you are a kinky in language by nature, they will be too.

Needs a master to handle that politely
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Respect yes. But manners is about respecting tradition and social etiquette. Not the individual per se.

You aren't opening doors to people. You're opening doors to "women". So, it's not about the individual, but the group.
    To the individual, it is about them. That is what you miss by your self-centered perspective. By denying respect to only those you achieve a certain status with, you are effectively snubbing everyone else.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Perhaps women who appreciate politeness or respect do not sleep around.
    What's your definition of respect? Everybody's different in the modern world of luuuuve.

Quote Originally Posted by am_i_evil666 View Post
    Not to be a "potty" mouth?
    *sings away to herself* I'm a female and I like swearing, @#$@# @#$@#$ @#$@#$...

Disclaimer: Product not intended for use under circumstances around parents, clients, distant 5th cousins, babies, children under 10, your boss (unless he stinks), school crossings, your grandma, toads.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I open doors, I'll adjust your seat, and I'll watch my language. I will not stand up just because you enter the room. Funny thing is: I'm getting better with manners as I age; but the more polite I've become, the less sex I've had. Dope that one out...
    Adhering to social mannerisms prevents one from getting laid?

I have now concluded that cultural norms are harmful to society because they render people offspring-less.

Next time I see a hot smoking babe, I'm going to spit in her face to see if we engage in love-making exercises afterwords.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

There are just varying social values held by different people. I would say that you make friends with people who's values are similar to yours. Everyone has someone to be with, everyone has someone that they will conflict with. No one is correct.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Synarch View Post
    To the individual, it is about them. That is what you miss by your self-centered perspective. By denying respect to only those you achieve a certain status with, you are effectively snubbing everyone else.
    Actually I wasn't necessarily agree with BlackCat on it all.

I pride myself of being very impartial in matters of respect. I simply don't equate holding the door for you as respect BECAUSE it's not something you'd do to a man. So the social etiquette is already snubbing people. It's creating a certain hierarchy and useless protocol. It's dividing.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Sytpg View Post
    Actually I wasn't necessarily agree with BlackCat on it all.

I pride myself of being very impartial in matters of respect. I simply don't equate holding the door for you as respect BECAUSE it's not something you'd do to a man. So the social etiquette is already snubbing people. It's creating a certain hierarchy and useless protocol.
    Recognizing difference is not the same as creating hierarchies.
    "Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave."

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by une_autre View Post
    Interesting.
    I find even some of the opinions in this topic ominous. Even if manners are simple social rituals, some of it is actually basic common sense. Would you not hold the door for an unknown person right after you and let if fall in his/her head?

Saying that one does not believe in this good manners or that people must take one as he is, for the sake of being real, that's nothing more but a pathetic excuse.

It is sad indeed that society today offers the perfect opportunity to disguise one's indisposition of practising and even acknowledging good manners.
    Years ago, such behaviour would have been instantly deemed as inappropriate.
    I would think that one should be self-aware enough to realize that they had best reach out to prevent the door from hitting them when they clearly see it closing.

Table manners are useful in that eating with one's hands is an awfully unsanitary way to eat, yes. However, concerning courtesy, the very fact that it's taken for granted these days is negative. People need to learn to appreciate it when given, and sadly, most do not learn that without the absence of it.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

On another note, I find it disappointing that most have turned this into a dichotomy.

Not holding a door open for someone should never be classified the same as slamming one on a person. Yet they are given the same label of "bad" manners.

Is indifference really such a malevolent sin?
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se